Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Before the Mo Williams trade and Varjeo injury, they were pretty much the same exact team.

And before the Varejao injury, they were 8-24 (.250, which paces to 20 wins over 82 games).

Before the Mo Williams trade, they 8-31 (.200, which paces to 16 wins over an 82 game period).

Good stats I was not aware of those figures.

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    Michael Jordan and Tim Duncan have never lost in the finals and have multiple FMVPs. I think that's a bit more impressive.
    That wasn't the question. Why does the question bother people so much? Because of the agenda involved? If you feel that strongly about defending some millionaire you will never know, then give up on life. You lost.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mentallooser
    That wasn't the question. Why does the question bother people so much? Because of the agenda involved? If you feel that strongly about defending some millionaire you will never know, then give up on life. You lost.

There was no question in the OP. I simply added my own input.

The rest of your post is nonsense. Who exactly am I defending?

Before the Mo Williams trade and Varjeo injury, they were pretty much the same exact team.

And before the Varejao injury, they were 8-24 (.250, which paces to 20 wins over 82 games).

Before the Mo Williams trade, they 8-31 (.200, which paces to 16 wins over an 82 game period).

same team last time I checked big z, shaq, west and varejao was out either injured or by trades or free agency. heck they were starting eyenga for games that season. Did lebron made that team, yes he did but that team were not scrubs at all. that team was made for lebron and the reason they didn't win more was because they didn't have more or good spot shooters a l

College superstar

Cleveland's turn for the worse was a result of losing most of their front court with no legitimate replacements and the loss of their best asset and coach. They also had one of the biggest front courts in 2010 last and in 2011 they were undersized at practically every position. I'm sorry, but 6'3'' Sessions and Antawn Jamison hardly make up for the giant hole in the middle that Cleveland had. Let's not forget they were hardly the same team after LeBron left with starting line ups during the year of Alonzo Gee/JJ Hickson/Anthony Parker/Ramon Sessions/Samardo Samuels and Christian Eyenga/JJ Hickson/Anthony Parker/Antawn Jamison/Manny Harris

Now I don't think the Cavs were guaranteed to win it all in '09 or even '10 and they didn't have the best supporting cast in the league, either. I won't deny these things, but how anyone can say that they had no shot at winning the championship is beyond me. They had the best record in the league, swept the eventual champions in their regular season series and were heavily favored to beat Boston in the second round with home court advantage. How does a team like that have no shot whatsoever at winning it all?

There was no question in the OP. I simply added my own input.
    Lebron's been in the playoffs 7 times and has advanced past Round 1 every single time.

This does not mean too much, as he has missed the playoffs before, and missing the playoffs is not better than making the playoffs and losing in the first round. But hey, it is interesting to me and we still have 25 days until opening day.

So, name me another franchise player who has never lost in the first round of the playoffs (and has been there at least 7 times).
    Pretty sure the bold is a question, Alamo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Pretty sure the bold is a question, Alamo.

Pretty sure that's not a question. Lol

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

[QUOTE=Bandito]same team last time I checked big z, shaq, west and varejao was out either injured or by trades or free agency. heck they were starting eyenga for games that season. Did lebron made that team, yes he did but that team were not scrubs at all. that team was made for lebron and the reason they didn't win more was because they didn't have more or good spot shooters a l

Quote Originally Posted by coin24

No one is disputing he had a great 2012 season, but that doesn't erase the worst finals performance possibly of all time in 2011
    like Kobe didn't play like this in the Finals in 2004?

[QUOTE=Bandito]same team last time I checked big z, shaq, west and varejao was out either injured or by trades or free agency. heck they were starting eyenga for games that season. Did lebron made that team, yes he did but that team were not scrubs at all. that team was made for lebron and the reason they didn't win more was because they didn't have more or good spot shooters a l

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Cleveland's turn for the worse was a result of losing most of their front court with no legitimate replacements and the loss of their best asset and coach. They also had one of the biggest front courts in 2010 last and in 2011 they were undersized at practically every position. I'm sorry, but 6'3'' Sessions and Antawn Jamison hardly make up for the giant hole in the middle that Cleveland had. Let's not forget they were hardly the same team after LeBron left with starting line ups during the year of Alonzo Gee/JJ Hickson/Anthony Parker/Ramon Sessions/Samardo Samuels and Christian Eyenga/JJ Hickson/Anthony Parker/Antawn Jamison/Manny Harris

Now I don't think the Cavs were guaranteed to win it all in '09 or even '10 and they didn't have the best supporting cast in the league, either. I won't deny these things, but how anyone can say that they had no shot at winning the championship is beyond me. They had the best record in the league, swept the eventual champions in their regular season series and were heavily favored to beat Boston in the second round with home court advantage. How does a team like that have no shot whatsoever at winning it all?
    Shaq's 23 minutes a night in like 50 games was missed for the Cavs.

The Cavs were actually better without Shaq because Shaq was mad lazy on defense.

might as well post the one for the 2012 Finals

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    like Kobe didn't play like this in the Finals in 2004?
    LeBron's performance in 2011 was the worst Finals performance out of any star I've ever seen. As bad as Kobe was in the '04 Finals, which was nearly as bad as LeBron in '07, LeBron's '11 Finals performance was even more pathetic.

That doesn't even take into account that Kobe single-handedly won a game and LeBron wasn't dealing with a rape accusation, a screwed up family, a feuding team mate, injured 3rd best player, team with horrible chemistry, starting PG who criticized the triangle l offense and said he didn't buy into it. and of course one of the all-time great defensive teams ever, if not the greatest.
    Last edited by Ne 1; 10-07-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Finally a sensical fan that is not a kobetard or a lebron Stan. That is pretty much what happened. I don't follow this team because they weren't on national tv except when they played the heat. But you could see that most of the players that played last years weren't there.

Pretty sure that's not a question. Lol
    Oh okay, no question mark

The intent was there.