Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    I love how everyone is ready to hand the playoffs over them AGAIN this year.

They still play in the WC and they're still at the bottom of their division.
    Thats what 3-4yrs in a row now?

well assuming they don't implode and Nelson can make it work, they have more talent than the Lakers or T-Wolves for example, so they have a shot. I predict 42 wins and a 9th seed

NBA sixth man of the year

They still have Baron Davis. Don't expect that offense to click too well.

I mean, I think EVERYONE'S chance hinge on not imploding and the coach making things work.

I love how everyone is ready to hand the playoffs over them AGAIN this year.

They still play in the WC and they're still at the bottom of their division.

truth. i don't think the addition of nelson will bring them to the playoffs.

i mean... baron might be very talented, but he's just a west coast version of stephon marbury imo... AND he's injury prone. and PG's who consistently chuck and ruin the development of the youth around them don't do as well as people believe they will.

Fire Dwane Casey

Warriors are making the playoffs. The got all the talent they need. The only problem was their coaching. Now they're getting a very, very good coach that knows how to work a team.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Every freaking year.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    Warriors are making the playoffs. The got all the talent they need. The only problem was their coaching. Now they're getting a very, very good coach that knows how to work a team.
    You obviously haven't watched them the past two seasons.

Talented offensively, yes. Defense, on the other hand......ouch. Comparisons to the Suns are laughable considering that the Warriors aren't anywhere near as talented or cohesive as the Suns.

A more proper comparison would be a West Coast verison of the Toronto Raptors.

Intelligent fan

Quote Originally Posted by kwajo
    well assuming they don't implode and Nelson can make it work, they have more talent than the Lakers or T-Wolves for example, so they have a shot. I predict 42 wins and a 9th seed
    More talent than the Lakers? Don`t go that far. Are you taking account that B-davis is always injured? Kobe`s ppg can fill up 3 of their starters ppg.

Decent playground baller Lakers's Avatar

And the Knicks have more "talent" than all three. What are you predicting for them big guy? 50 wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers
    And the Knicks have more "talent" than all three. What are you predicting for them big guy? 50 wins?
    What do the Knicks have to do with this? Have you missed the last 10 years of Don Nelson's coaching career? He is incredible with utilizing talent on a team. He is the coach that can get any team with decent talent to get clicking on offense and playing together. Idiotic to compare him to Isiah.

Lightbulb

A more proper comparison would be a West Coast verison of the Toronto Raptors.
    i agree, but only if we're talking of raptor teams of recent years and not this season. look for the raps team D to be much improved this year (wouldn't take much) and for us to be a very cohesive unit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    More talent than the Lakers? Don`t go that far. Are you taking account that B-davis is always injured? Kobe`s ppg can fill up 3 of their starters ppg.
    what do baron's injuries have to do with his undeniable talent? and i'm sure if i picked the worst three starters on any team i could come up with a handful of players who outscore all three of them combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Jackass
    I was using Western Conference teams - ie. those that the Warriors will have to beat out for a playoff spot. The Knicks were not relevant to the discussion.

And i don't see how the Lakers are more talented than the Warriors, I thought Kobe lovers were convinced their team is crap except Kobe, that's why he was supposedly an MVP candidate last year...

Intelligent fan

Baron`s injuries hide his talent. We expect him NOT to play almost every game.

Intelligent fan

I was using Western Conference teams - ie. those that the Warriors will have to beat out for a playoff spot. The Knicks were not relevant to the discussion.

And i don't see how the Lakers are more talented than the Warriors, I thought Kobe lovers were convinced their team is crap except Kobe, that's why he was supposedly an MVP candidate last year...
    Kobe lovers? I`m not one of those guys who said the Lakers are crap. I said their players are inconsistent. Don`t generalize all of kobe`s fans.