Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Arrow Official let's kick Bruce Ratner away from the Nets thread

I must say I have double feeling today. We made such an excellent draft choice to acquire Brook Lopez at #10, but the trade for Yi Jianlian ruined everything. I'm sure Rod Thorn himself didn't really want this trade, it's all because Bruce Ratner, the "DEAR" owner of the Nets. Let's think about what the Nets have become since he took over, Martin is gone, Kittles is gone, and the value of VC alone is surely not as much as the combo of Martin and Kittles. Since then the Nets have been unable to compete and now it's gotten even worse since we're gonna be a lottery team in the next FIVE years! This man cares nothing about the team, he just want money and cash! I'm sure if Kidd hadn't requested a trade in 2005 he wouldn't even trade for VC by then! Now Kidd's gone so he just completely turn the nets into the Grizzlies! Too bad Thorn becomes the scapegoat. Now we must step up and try to drive this man away from our team, we'll be a long-time lottery team under his management and even play-off is an impossible task if he's still the owner of the Nets. Please support this thread, my friend, F*ck you idiot Bruce Ratner!

Default Re: Official let's kick Bruce Ratner away from the Nets thread

Dude calm down we were potential lottery anyway at least we rebuld with a 7 footer and an expirer (2010) who can start. We have some peices for the interest of the King I am not worried one bit. And if not Lebron than Carmelo, Bosh, Paul, Wade... good deal imo for the future. no way we were going any way

   

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    I must say I have double feeling today. We made such an excellent draft choice to acquire Brook Lopez at #10, but the trade for Yi Jianlian ruined everything. I'm sure Rod Thorn himself didn't really want this trade, it's all because Bruce Ratner, the "DEAR" owner of the Nets. Let's think about what the Nets have become since he took over, Martin is gone, Kittles is gone, and the value of VC alone is surely not as much as the combo of Martin and Kittles. Since then the Nets have been unable to compete and now it's gotten even worse since we're gonna be a lottery team in the next FIVE years! This man cares nothing about the team, he just want money and cash! I'm sure if Kidd hadn't requested a trade in 2005 he wouldn't even trade for VC by then! Now Kidd's gone so he just completely turn the nets into the Grizzlies! Too bad Thorn becomes the scapegoat. Now we must step up and try to drive this man away from our team, we'll be a long-time lottery team under his management and even play-off is an impossible task if he's still the owner of the Nets. Please support this thread, my friend, F*ck you idiot Bruce Ratner!
    feel better now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Dude calm down we were potential lottery anyway at least we rebuld with a 7 footer and an expirer (2010) who can start. We have some peices for the interest of the King I am not worried one bit. And if not Lebron than Carmelo, Bosh, Paul, Wade... good deal imo for the future. no way we were going any way
    You're way too optimistic, I wonder which superstar would like to join a 20-30 win team(Luckily we still have VC here or we'd be a 15-20 win team indeed). In a word, the Nets' future is done if we still have Bruce Ratner as our team owner. He's nothing but a freak who wants to make money on us.

feel better now?
    I wish I could feel better, but Bruce Ratner doesn't give me the chance.

Relax... It's just a card game. We are just building a better hand. This takes a little time. We WILL get Lebron and everything will be O.K. Lets just play our cards right until then. It will pay off (trust). Now "GO FISH!"

Quote Originally Posted by RichMo
    Relax... It's just a card game. We are just building a better hand. This takes a little time. We WILL get Lebron and everything will be O.K. Lets just play our cards right until then. It will pay off (trust). Now "GO FISH!"
    I may trust Rod Thorn, but I never have faith in Bruce Ratner. He's been killing the Nets since he became the owner and now he just tried to turn the Nets into the next Grizzlies. Luckily, Thorn did a nice job on NBA draft so we look better than Memphis now.

I usually hit open layups

good god, we weren't going to win with the team we had anyway so who cares, yeah we might suck a couple years, but who knows

Hi, guys. I must say I start this thread not just based on this RJ trade. Bruce Ratner has been poisoning us since he became the owner. He sent Martin and Kittles away to make us far away from contending. He refused to give Abdur-Rahim a contract and he played well in Sacramento for one or two years(he does suck by now but in 2005 he's a nice inside scorer). He also reject to give a mid-class contract to Mikki Moore and our front court sucked at the beginning of last season and Kidd was then considering about getting traded.

He has been disappointing us for long and now I just couldn't stand him anymore. He cares nothing but making money for himself but his money doesn't help we Nets fans. After all, who care about how much money he earns on the Nets? The Suns owner wants only money, so the Suns sent Joe Johnson and Kurt Thomas away and slowly slipped away from title contending. The Grizzlies owner cares merely money, so they dared to trade Gasol for nothing. Now if you don't wanna see we getting into the same situation as the Suns/Grizzlies, please step up and ask Bruce Ratner to go away. I'm 100 percent sure our team has no future under his management.

   

i was very upset at the time but ratner certainly did the right thing by sending away kmart and kittles- physically they were shot and kmart's huge contract would have meant no carter and big money tied up uselessly for years.

and the reality is this- the big three weren't going anywhere special with abdur-rahim or moore. it was time to reload with young talent and money wasn't going to solve this team's problems. sometimes you just have to be patient and enjoy the process.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i was very upset at the time but ratner certainly did the right thing by sending away kmart and kittles- physically they were shot and kmart's huge contract would have meant no carter and big money tied up uselessly for years.

and the reality is this- the big three weren't going anywhere special with abdur-rahim or moore. it was time to reload with young talent and money wasn't going to solve this team's problems. sometimes you just have to be patient and enjoy the process.
    We can be patient if the owner does care about our team, but Bruce Ratner just wants to make full use of the Nets' marketing value to earn him money. This team has no future if he still owns it. Look at the Suns owner, it was him who killed his team by sending Joe Johnson, Kurt Thomas and draft picks away. Bruce Ratner is even worse than Suns owner I'm sure. How I wish he could sell this team to another businessman who really loves sports and B-ball!

   

you are being paranoid... letting your doubts about ratner overwhelm your judgement.

the nets payroll has actually been above average since ratner took over. i could be wrong but i think it's actually been in the top 10 payrolls for the league during this time. the nets have also been a financial loser for him so far.

look- we understand the concept that ratner is using the nets to push the development project. but no matter what that almost certainly means continuing to spend money on it. for one thing it's going to be his most-scrutinised property. if he scrimps on it, there's going to be a legion of critics. for another, relocating is probably going to bring in a lot more capital. look how much extra money an idiot like james dolan can afford to spend merely by being in NYC. but unlike the knicks, the nets actually have a very nice GM duo in thorn and vandy. they are assembling real talent instead of mostly giving a bunch of losers big fat contracts like isiah thomas did.

when the talent blossoms, THAT is the time to judge ratner. ie, does he okay thorn-vandy giving them their payday or does he turn into a donald sterling?

so stop freaking out and have a little patience.

you are being paranoid... letting your doubts about ratner overwhelm your judgement.

the nets payroll has actually been above average since ratner took over. i could be wrong but i think it's actually been in the top 10 payrolls for the league during this time. the nets have also been a financial loser for him so far.

look- we understand the concept that ratner is using the nets to push the development project. but no matter what that almost certainly means continuing to spend money on it. for one thing it's going to be his most-scrutinised property. if he scrimps on it, there's going to be a legion of critics. for another, relocating is probably going to bring in a lot more capital. look how much extra money an idiot like james dolan can afford to spend merely by being in NYC. but unlike the knicks, the nets actually have a very nice GM duo in thorn and vandy. they are assembling real talent instead of mostly giving a bunch of losers big fat contracts like isiah thomas did.

when the talent blossoms, THAT is the time to judge ratner. ie, does he okay thorn-vandy giving them their payday or does he turn into a donald sterling?

so stop freaking out and have a little patience.
    I'm not doubting Bruce Ratner at all, I'm completely disappointed with what he'd done to the Nets. You noticed the Nets have become worse and worse since he took over.(despite in 2006, when we did make a good run for the regular season) I've become desperate for the future of our team unless Bruce Ratner sell the Nets to another Businessman or he just simply quit as the owner of this team. The Nets are going nowhere under the management of Ratner who cares nothing but money and market. Seriously, does he even know the shape of Basketball, or does he know what the five positions are in B-ball? It's fine if you guys don't believe my words now but I'm sure I'll bump this thread later when you do realize it.

   

what you are doing is one of the things that conspiracy theorists do- they look at a pattern of events and assume that there is manipulation and hidden purpose.

at heart you are being driven by things like fear and lack of understanding in this matter. that's a poor way to live life.

what you are doing is one of the things that conspiracy theorists do- they look at a pattern of events and assume that there is manipulation and hidden purpose.

at heart you are being driven by things like fear and lack of understanding in this matter. that's a poor way to live life.
    So what's a rich way to live life? To endure all that stupid things your team does? Just face the truth, the Nets are going to suck for the next five years after this dumb trade, I call it.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    So what's a rich way to live life?
    self-understanding and acceptance of reality.