Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Default Re: 15 Games You All Will Probably Get (in 2013)

I don't think any of you are interested in Patriots, Blacklist or Ground Zeroes?! I think I seen one or two posters mention these titles. I'll admit I'm not big on Rainbow Six or stealth games, but after doing extensive research on Ground Zeroes and Blacklist; I am almost as excited for those titles to come out as I am for GTA V or when Uncharted 3 was announced.

I believe all 15 of those titles will be AAA games, no doubt about it. 2013 will be the best year in gaming history (for modern gaming).

When God of War, Gears of War and BioShock take a back seat to 6-7 titles, you KNOW most of us will be broke all year round.

Glad you guys found this thread informative.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

[QUOTE=rhythmic

[QUOTE=rhythmic

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

You know, I have pretty specific taste in games, and it'd probably be considered pretty old fashioned.

Basically, I don't really care for First Person Games. There are plenty that I like the concept. I do like adventure, and exploration, and frequently those games are best for that. I also like a lot of elements of RPG, like levelling up and upgrading equipment, but I so don't care for FP that I often pass games I'd like. I played Skyrim last year for example, but did it in the altered 3rd person view.

I also don't play much online. I do very much enjoy being online. I like trophy collecting. I like seeing global rankings. I have enjoyed a few co-op online experiences, mainly Red Dead and Uncharted. But the competitive online I just can't get into (maybe because most of them are FPSs, who knows).

And for much of this generation, those games were what was out there. But looking at this list, it feels like there are a lot more games in my wheelhouse, which is odd. A lot more narrative based, third person, single player designed, action/adventure, open world type stuff that I really dig. Could be a busy gaming year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Rainbow Six Vegas was one of the hottest games on the 360 back in 06 and 07. Everybody who had a 360 was playing that game. It's one of the best MP games of all time imo.

Nobody really knows anything about Patriots right now. Last I read it was delayed indefinitely. I really hope it turns out good, because I love the Rainbow Six games. I don't think it will get the following that the first Vegas game had though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QVy5XwtDpU

I'll get none of those, thanks.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    2k14 and GTA.
    Likely the same with me. I'll keep my eye on Watch Dogs, but I have to be pretty committed to any game I end up spending $60 on.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    And for much of this generation, those games were what was out there. But looking at this list, it feels like there are a lot more games in my wheelhouse, which is odd. A lot more narrative based, third person, single player designed, action/adventure, open world type stuff that I really dig. Could be a busy gaming year for me.
    Yeah I feel the same way. Timing sucks too as I'm about to get super busy.

I'd rank the games as the following

Only Must have: Last of Us
    Probably will pre-order, or purchase after a 5-10 drop off: Watch Dogs
    Interested in but not really anticipating: GTA V, Rainbow Six(I don't think this comes out next year), Beyond Two Souls could be here too. with Cliffy B leaving Gears I'm less interested in it, but will probably get it eventually.

games I want to be good but don't know for sure if they can bring me back into them, so will probably not buy: Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell. Bioshock especially falls in this category after so many delays. I WANT it to be great again, but 2 completely made me not pre-order this one, especially with their lame pre-order bonuses

Honestly for me 2013 is shaping up to be fairly disappointing. This year had so many great trilogies ending: Uncharted, Gears, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed. The start of a new Halo one, which was disappointing IMO. 2012>>>>

Man Sony is really starting to launch some new exclusives good on them. I may make my switch next year depending on how well they do their games.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I'd rank the games as the following

Only Must have: Last of Us
    Probably will pre-order, or purchase after a 5-10 drop off: Watch Dogs
    Interested in but not really anticipating: GTA V, Rainbow Six(I don't think this comes out next year), Beyond Two Souls could be here too. with Cliffy B leaving Gears I'm less interested in it, but will probably get it eventually.

games I want to be good but don't know for sure if they can bring me back into them, so will probably not buy: Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell. Bioshock especially falls in this category after so many delays. I WANT it to be great again, but 2 completely made me not pre-order this one, especially with their lame pre-order bonuses

Honestly for me 2013 is shaping up to be fairly disappointing. This year had so many great trilogies ending: Uncharted, Gears, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed. The start of a new Halo one, which was disappointing IMO. 2012>>>>

Man Sony is really starting to launch some new exclusives good on them. I may make my switch next year depending on how well they do their games.
    Completely disagree.
    GTA V, The Last of Us, Blacklist & Tomb Raider alone will annihilate any title released this past year. Honestly what was the biggest name to drop in 2012? Halo 4, BlackOps 2 and AC 3? I can't even recall.

Games like GTA V, The Last of Us, Watch Dogs, Tomb Raider have a chance to be the cream of the crop titles. All are AAA games. I am so confused as to how 2012 was better.

God of War is a monumental trilogy, same with Gears of War. Tomb Raider just looks spectacular. Then you have ambitious titles like Two Souls and Remember Me. I know Ground Zeroes and Agent (if released this year) will be revolutionary titles. Then you have possibly the most anticipated title of all-time (for modern consoles) in GTA V. The Last of Us being a strong GOTY candidate and is developed by the same team that (in my opinion) already created the best game of All-Time (U2 & U3). Patriots looks phenomenal as a shooter due to its incredible animations & Blacklist looks like the most fun Splinter Cell game to date.

Then you have another AAA game in Dead Space; Metro & BioShock.
    Come on dude, you're joking right?
    You have three of the most succesful trilogies in modern gaming history releasing a new title; plus Rockstar dropping two titles and Naughty Dog releasing a game. That alone triumphs anything 2012 has done.

Honestly, I bought Absolution, NBA 2K13, AC 3, Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 this year. I have never bought so few games. They were all great but nothing spectacular. Certainly none of them were on Skyrim, Uncharted 3 or Arkham City's level of 2011.

NBA lottery pick

I remember seeing the next God of War game at E3, and it did not look one bit interesting. I'd be willing to bet Bayonetta 2 ends up being the better game. Hard to say about the next Gears since there hasn't been any gameplay footage yet, but it feels like they're milking the franchise on that one. I'm sure it'll be ok though.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

[QUOTE=rhythmic

I've been hearing nothing but good things about The Last of Us, and now that I've actually taken the time out to watch the game play footage, I can see why. The game looks amazing.

I'm excited for GTA 5, Watch Dogs, Remember Me (maybe), and now The Last of Us.

NBA lottery pick

I totally forgot about that South Park rpg, that's set to come out next year. With the studio that's behind it, it actually has potential to be pretty decent.