Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: Did they announce Rose as MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ4MVP23
    I see on realgm that he was awarded the MVP, but haven't heard an announcement on TNT.

That said for a team to have the best record due to outstanding defense and amazing rebounding, two areas rose is subpar in, does not qualify him as the MVP. LBJ is the single best player, while Dirk has the most "value" to any playoff team this year. Look at what happened when dirk went down for like 7 games, they got destroyed.

Rose is now shooting sub 36% for the playoffs and he has faced the Pacers, not exactly Boston in terms of defense, and now shot 11-27!!!!!!!!. Ok everyone has bad shooting games, but why are you jacking it up so much? I love the way this guy plays too, but people are on his sack so hard and its not deserving. Hes not even the best PG, hes third, yet hes the MVP? Come on.

go to my thread about Howard. i believe he deserves it more then anyone

Default Re: Did they announce Rose as MVP?

Pretty sure they may announce it within the next 1-2 days because I think they will present the award to him during Game 2 at home

Default Re: I hate to say it but Rose is the worst MVP winner of all time

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
    True. There wasn't a clear cut winner this season but this is pretty shameful.
    Yea so many ugly ******* this season.

rose did score 28.5 and 7 assist against the top 5 teams in the nba for the regular season...lebrons was 25 and 7...and if your comparing westbrook he wasnt even comparable with 19 points.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Dirk Nowitski.

Steve Nash.

2008 Kobe.

Rose is not worse than those players.

High School Starter DRose.IS.da.MAN's Avatar

Stop arguing bulls fans. They guy is obviously trolling

Banned

He took a shit team whose 2nd option would be the Lakers' 7th best player to 67 wins.
    lol. Thibs took this team to 60+ wins. Not Rose. Thibs deserves his COTY. Rose doesn't deserve his MVP.

Complete Player

He took a shit team whose 2nd option would be the Lakers' 7th best player to 67 wins.
    Garbage. Jason Terry and Josh Howard led balanced scoring for the Mavs that year. Josh Howard was really the only Mavs player to step up in the playoffs. Dirk couldn't take the weight and pressure of being MVP. Once the Warriors started pushing them Dirk shrunk and melted down. His scoring in the playoffs fell 5 points from his regular season average. His shooting percentage fell to 38%. His 3pt percentage fell to 21%....and this against a team that really played no defense. He simply got rattled and choked and his team followed. Like I said before, the worst MVPs receive their trophies after being ousted in the first round.

Biased Troll

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Well seeing as the award is most valuable to there team, not best player in the league, can anyone put a clear cut argument forward for anyone else??
    Is that the wording? How do you know?

Don't you think it makes more sense for a league-wide award to be considered:

"Most Valuable Player...." in the league.

rathern than "Most Valuable Player...." to his team.

If it was most valuable player to his team, then each team would give out an MVP. Only the league does, so its most valuable in the league. If you're picking one player for next year based on this year, is it really Derrick Rose? Really???

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Overreacting from one game - Check!

Serious playground baller

Hes shooting sub 36% for the playoffs, i know i know, its a regular season award.

Lets look at the facts, hes AT BEST the second best PG in the league, but really the third best. THats not even best player, thats third best at his position.

His team had the best record because of rebounding and defense. Rose is a subpar defender and offers nothing in rebounding. Yes he can close out games, but his advanced statistics demonstrate how much LESS he contributes than other superstars to his team. And if you watch the games, yes rose is incredible, easily a top 10 player, but do you want an MVP to be a top 10 player, or the top guy?

Also if you want to look at the award as value, not best player, then easily dirk or dwight. Dirk goes down and that team freefalls. Dwight was a MONSTER, and without him they dont even make the playoffs. Rose won the award because the Heat started 9-8 and people were hating on LBJ for going to Miami. Im ok with LBJ not getting it. He is by far the best player and his stats, on a new team that needed time to get chemistry, were still historic. Not run of the mill, good, or great. HISTORIC.

However, Dirk or Dwight deserved the MVP this year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Harion
    lol. Thibs took this team to 60+ wins. Not Rose. Thibs deserves his COTY. Rose doesn't deserve his MVP.
    yes because bulls would have 60+ wins with cj watson keith bogans loul deng boozer and noah.

Decent playground baller marion706's Avatar

they should give mvps after post season

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose Mvp

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    funny i post that from the series where lebron made rose his little *****..... just like he will do it again if bulls survive the hawks.... now please dont put lebrons name next to rose.... thats disrespectful.... i know u dont care... but at least respect the game of basketball...

Haha funny. That's actually from a regular season game in 2009. When LeBron missed a GW shot (surprise!!) against Deng and was playing for the foul.

But of course I didn't expect you to know that since you started watching basketball, in what? 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    yes because bulls would have 60+ wins with cj watson keith bogans loul deng boozer and noah.

that roster is the Bucks 2.0