View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #63
JalenRawley
Good High School Starter

Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Do you think they are gonna further change the sig shots from now to October..because if not this is pretty much the game..

I don't know. However, I won't assume they will or they won't. I will wait until the game is finalized and formulate my opinion at that point, when I have all of the information. Assuming otherwise, let alone at all, is just plain stupid.

Quote:
The shots are worse then nba 2k7.

This is an opinion.

Quote:
The animations are worse then 2k7...

This is an opinion.

Quote:
The game is worse then 2k7..

This is an opinion.

All three of these opinions are based upon a demo, not the final version. All three of these opinions are by someone who has bias -against- NBA Live. You don't like the game. You downloaded the demo to check it out so you can find flaws with the game. If that demo was mislabeled "NBA 2K8" demo and you didn't know any better, you would be talking about how those shots, animations and the game itself is all SO much better than NBA Live 2007, and that they'll be better than NBA Live 2008 as well.

Quote:
So unless 2k7 gets worse this year then its safe to 2k is a better game..This demo, the more you play the stupier it gets..

It's not safe to say anything. It's a demo. Let's say, -completely- hypothetically, that they decide to shelve 2K8 this year because NBA Live 2008 is farther ahead of schedule and they're afraid they won't make as much of a market share. I know, not very likely, but let's hypothetically say it happens. Was it safe to say it was a better game? No, it wasn't. Why wasn't it? Because you didn't wait until all of the facts were in beforehand.

Quote:
Opps can be thrown at any time and the guy somehow gets open and gets it for a dunk or layup..Tony Parker plays like the league MVP, I just dropped 21 points in 4 minutes of gametime with TP..add in most players also have generic shots as well..

All in the demo. I've got news for you too, I can do all of that in NBA 2K7, and guess what, so can you. As for most players having generic shots, IT IS THE DEMO. When the finished version of game comes out, and all of those players still have generic shots, you have a point. Until then, you're trying to compare an incomplete demo.

Quote:
There really isnt an argument between the two games..

All your saying is its a matter of prefence and tastes..And to an extent all games are..But you taking it to a point that no game can be better then another because of it...

No, that's not what I'm saying. If you take two games that are essentially identical, like say any two FPS games. Let's use Call of Duty and Battlefield 1942. Two WWII FPS games. Which is better, and why? They're the -SAME- game. They're an FPS based in WWII. There was only a certain, limited amount of technology and weapons available, so they're each going to have the same things. The only difference between the games is how they do what they do. Now, if you say Call of Duty is better because you like the M1 Garand in it better than the one in BF1942, that's subjective. Someone else could easily say, "No way! The Garand in BF1942 is much better!" There's no clear cut one that is or isn't better, it's all subjective.

Although I'm not trying to take it that far and make that point, the truth is that no, no game is better than any other game, because it's all subjective. Even the criteria in which to determine which is better would be subjective. Just how important are graphics to a game? If the game is great, does it really matter that the water looks more real than real? To some, but not everyone.

What I think you need to ask yourself is why you feel the necessity to have one game be better than the other? Why does EVERYTHING have to be a competition? Can't you just prefer NBA 2K and just not play Live? Do you have to come around and just sh*t on Live constantly, even though you don't play it? No, you have to make sure everyone within earshot can hear that "LIVE > 2K LOLOLOLOLOL". Why does one game -have- to be better? Put up a poll - which is better: hamburgers or cheeseburgers? McDonald's or Burger King? Coke or Pepsi? It's no different than - which is better: Live or 2K?

Quote:
You prob wouldnt even admit 2k7 was better than Live 07 when there was no comparison between the two...

I don't think either game is better than the other. Each has certain elements that are better, but to me each of these better elements cancel each other out. I like the roster management and ease of editing of Live. I like the graphics and animations of 2K. I like the crossover and offensive sets in Live. I like the way teammates actually handle the sets and the signature shots in 2K. I like the Dynasty mode of Live, complete with the Rookie vs. Sophomore All-Star game, and Three Point Shootout in Live. I like playing with my friends in 2K.

Now notice, after every single one of those sentences, I did not include anything about "but Live sucks" or "but 2K sucks". I could, if I were 16 and stupid again, but I'm not. Instead of saying "I like the crossover stick, the shot stick sucks", I say "I prefer the crossover stick. I just don't like that shot stick." Why? Because the shot stick doesn't suck, I just don't like it. The world doesn't revolve around me and what I do and don't like, so just because I don't like something doesn't mean that it sucks.

When NBA Live 2008 comes out for the PC, I will buy it.

If NBA 2K8 came out for the PC, I would buy it.

I won't buy either one for my Xbox though. I don't even know if they'll come out on the older consoles, I haven't been paying attention. I'm just patiently awaiting the release date. If they do come out for the Xbox, I'll download 'em. I won't twice for the same game, no matter how much I like it ;)

I would play them both. Whichever one was more fun, I'd end up playing that one more than the other. Apparently, by the way you people around here describe things, I should pick one and tell everyone else the one they like sucks, right? I should come on here saying people are idiots because they can't tell which is the greatest game in the world, right? Sorry, I'm just not that feeble minded.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote