View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #64
JalenRawley
Good High School Starter

Default Re: NBA Live vs. NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
JalenRawley - why do you even bother to argue? Nobody here looks to buy the game anyway.

Btw. I used to love live. I could play it for hours. Then one day I got 2k and I just deleted live. I cant belive all that time I have used on live when I could have played 2k.

Who's arguing?

What am I arguing?

Is this all you people know? Arguments and competition? This MUST be better than THAT! IT MUST! IT HAS TO BE! SOMETHING MUST ALWAYS BE BETTER!

I'm not arguing a thing. I'm just pointing out how pathetic it is to have a competition over every single thing, how immature it is to have to degrade something someone else likes because it's not something you like.

I would love to be able to play 2K on my PC, but only Live has a PC line, and I really don't know if they're going to bother releasing it on the PC this year. Every year I expect EA to pull the plug on their PC games because everyone else is. Unless it's an MMO or an RTS, you might not see it on the PC. Even third person and FPS games are more geared towards consoles now, especially with nextgen consoles having so much horsepower in 'em.

That's why I think they did what they did with Live 2007 on the PC, and I won't be surprised if they do it again this year. I personally don't care if I'm playing Live or 2K, as long as I'm having a good time. And playing good, realistic basketball is a good time to me, and I get it from both. I simply can't understand this requirement that you people have to compete with every single little thing. It's 5 and 6 year old brothers fighting over who got the cooler stuff at Christmas. "Mine's better!" `Nuh uh!' "Yuh huh, I got a GameBoy and two games!" `Yeah? Well I got a GameBoy and two games too!' "Yeah, but yours isn't blue, mine is! Mine's better! And I got the red Pokemon game and the blue Pokemon game!" `So!? I got a green one, the green ones are rarer! And I got the green and yellow Pokemon games. Those are better anyway!"

Nuh uh!

Uh huh!

Nuh uh!

Uh huh!

<ad infinitum>

Edit: Oh, about people not buying the games, yeah they'll buy 'em. The nextgen stuff is still pretty hard to pirate. I don't know about the PS3, but my buddy back in Indiana does Xbox 360 mods and repairs. There's all sorts of hoops you need to jump through in order to play hacked games on them, and many times you can't play 'em online, which as someone else said earlier, that's a big feature for a lot of people. If a basketball fan has a system, there's a pretty good chance that he/she is going to buy Live or 2K, or maybe even both. You can't stop the basketball jones, you can only hope to contain it.

Last edited by JalenRawley : 09-06-2007 at 05:48 PM.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote