Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter Ken_Masters's Avatar

Default Re: Pierce will miss Christmas day game

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    How the hell do you get stabbed 11 times and play the whole season, and turn around and miss a Christmas Day game?

What? Did he get shot?

Watch out for Ray Allen though, he will be shooting a little more in Pierce's absence.
    Yep, i'm definitely looking for Ray to take on more of the scoring load. He'll need to get at least 25 to make up for the absence of Pierce.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Watch Bill Walker come up from the Red Claws and have a big game. He's killing in the d-league.
    I was just watching that Red Claws game on NBA TV. The arena was packed. There must have been around a 1000 people!

That's like half of Maine. Maybe 3/4.

Default Re: Paul Pierce out two weeks

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    I was just watching that Red Claws game on NBA TV. The arena was packed. There must have been around a 1000 people!

That's like half of Maine. Maybe 3/4.

I'm going to hit up quite a few games in the near future... Nice to know there's a good crowd. There was about 3,600 at the first game I went too.

He is faking it.

Will have a dramatic X-Mas intro in the second half against the Magic.

Lucky Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by dyna
    Lucky Lakers

Local High School Star KB2009Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    He is faking it.

Will have a dramatic X-Mas intro in the second half against the Magic.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder

I'm going to hit up quite a few games in the near future... Nice to know there's a good crowd. There was about 3,600 at the first game I went too.
    That's cool. I am glad that the NBA is putting D-league teams in areas that the NBA has never been before. That was a very savy move by Mr.Stern if I might say so myself.

Default Re: Paul Pierce out for 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    so true, my opinion of u just keeps getting higher

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Masters
    Yep, i'm definitely looking for Ray to take on more of the scoring load. He'll need to get at least 25 to make up for the absence of Pierce.
    I don't think Ray should get that much FG attempts. That's not a wise idea, unless Ray starts getting hot. Garnett should get some and I think Perkins especially should get more touches.

Good High School Starter Ken_Masters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    I don't think Ray should get that much FG attempts. That's not a wise idea, unless Ray starts getting hot. Garnett should get some and I think Perkins especially should get more touches.
    I agree that Garnett and Perkins have to do more, but with Howard guarding Perkins, i just don't think he'll have the opportunity. If Ray was out, i would expect Pierce to pick up the slack and go for 30. Ray has been a great scorer all throughout his career. I think he's capable of getting 25-30 points in the absense of Pierce. Neither Tony Allen nor Bill Walker are great scorers. If Ray isn't providing that extra punch, i have no idea where the extra offense is going to come from.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Masters
    I agree that Garnett and Perkins have to do more, but with Howard guarding Perkins, i just don't think he'll have the opportunity. If Ray was out, i would expect Pierce to pick up the slack and go for 30. Ray has been a great scorer all throughout his career. I think he's capable of getting 25-30 points in the absense of Pierce. Neither Tony Allen nor Bill Walker are great scorers. If Ray isn't providing that extra punch, i have no idea where the extra offense is going to come from.
    I'm sure Ray can get 25-30 points; I don't doubt his abilities. I think the best chance to win the game is to give the big men more touches. If Perkins get more touches, that means more chances that Dwight Howard will foul Perkins. Once Dwight will be in foul trouble, then it opens up more high percentage shot opportunities for Ray.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by B-Diddy=2Easy
    A couple of weeks? what the fck? This cant be happening. Pierce was suppose to make his 8th allstar game this year.
    Seriously? The all star game is what first comes out of your mouth?!?! Get a clue dude.

This really hurts us, short term, and long term. Not having Pierce is going to kill us. I hope Tony Allen plays like he has been the past week. We're about to see a lot of SCAL from now on and thats never good except for an energy boost for a second.

This 2 week stretch, if we struggle, might prove costly as it will make our chances at HCA even more difficult.

GET WELL SOON CAPTAIN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    I'm sure Ray can get 25-30 points; I don't doubt his abilities. I think the best chance to win the game is to give the big men more touches. If Perkins get more touches, that means more chances that Dwight Howard will foul Perkins. Once Dwight will be in foul trouble, then it opens up more high percentage shot opportunities for Ray.
    Sometimes Celtic fans underrating Perk and KG scoring abilities too.
    But yea, Ray and Rondo scare to drive when Dwight is in the lane.