Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: 23 pages of info on GTA V

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    You get to play as a black guy too. From south LA. grive street nugga
    If you're referring to Franklin, i think he is a skinhead but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    They should have each character of different backgrounds. One black, one white, one asian, one mexican, but we get all whites.
    Who gives a f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck?

If you're referring to Franklin, i think he is a skinhead but I could be wrong.
    He's black.

NBA Superstar

Interesting to read how Rockstar treats last gen. GTA's (San Andreas and everything before) as one universe and GTA IV forward as another. I admit it would have been cool to come across some San Andreas characters, but it sounds like the only possibility will be some buys from IV.

Banned

There are some downsides of the game. Can't customize character with weights, tattoos, etc., can't buy property, can't get hoes, etc.

I actually thought GTAIV was better than GTA San Andreas. I was hoping they could combine the best features of both but it looks like they're just slowly taking away things.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Yeah, it sounds like a ton of hours, but I don't think I've ever really sat down to think of it that way. [COLOR="Red"]I feel like it might be a normal amount of time to spend on a good game, yes? [/COLOR]I mean, in basketball video games, full games often take 35-60 minutes to complete, so I bet the hours spent playing basketball games adds up quickly as well.

Either way, I much prefer the GTA and RDR method as opposed to the Call of Duty, beat-single-player-in-two-days-maybe routine.
    think it is more than normal...but a good thing...just me personally have never been able to finish one completely which sucks

a normal good game would be 20-30 hours I think...and GTA is like double or triple that...again, this is a good thing

Hitman Absolution is coming out soon!!!...it has the open world style of play as well

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I'm sure it will be an amazing game no doubt...

you have more time on your hands than I do though, the GTA games require days upon days of playing time to complete, that is time that I just don't have any more at this stage in my life...

a game like Bioshock can be completed in 20-30 hours or so...GTA needs more like 200-300 hours of play time lol
    Video games have been completely cut out of my life for the reason you stated above and I still love them (probably always will). I used to be a EASports College Football junky. Got the game every year and competed with friends and then, later, online (actually got into the Top 75 overall players one year).

The last few years, I haven't even bothered buying it, because I know I won't have time to get as good as I want to be.

Same goes for GTA... Always loved the game, but no time for such an enveloping game.

I swear to god, our generation's retirement homes are going to look like arcades.

There are some downsides of the game. Can't customize character with weights, can't buy property, can't get hoes, etc.

I actually thought GTAIV was better than GTA San Andreas. I was hoping they could combine the best features of both but it looks like they're just slowly taking away things.
    They took away buying property and gave us "yoga".

NBA Superstar

There are some downsides of the game. Can't customize character with weights, tattoos, etc., can't buy property, can't get hoes, etc.

I actually don't really object to the removal of any of those things. The guys at Rockstar seemed pretty honest and up front about the body appearance changes (in terms of weight and strength). On the PS2, it could look a little janky and get away with it. Characters adding and losing weight on better looking games would likely be a little more detail-intensive than necessary. I feel like they said it was close to impossible even.

I also interpreted that girlfriend relationships will no longer be there, but technically, "hoes" still may be.

And I think the jury will still be out about the inability to buy property. Rockstar seemed pretty confident in the follow-up to that statement, acknowledging the lack of things to do with your money in GTA IV (particularly after all the missions were complete) and claiming there's going to be a plethora of ways to use that cash now, even if it's not for just blindly purchasing property.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Video games have been completely cut out of my life for the reason you stated above and I still love them (probably always will). I used to be a EASports College Football junky. Got the game every year and competed with friends and then, later, online (actually got into the Top 75 overall players one year).

The last few years, I haven't even bothered buying it, because I know I won't have time to get as good as I want to be.

Same goes for GTA... Always loved the game, but no time for such an enveloping game.

I swear to god, our generation's retirement homes are going to look like arcades.
    yeah, getting older and having responsibilities sucks in some ways, and no more time for video games is one of them...

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Doesn't matter how many hours you play! The fact is you guys were gamers and are still gamers till now and that's something to be proud of! Gamers for life

Good High School Starter

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

All I care about is the multiplayer. I hope to have it similar to Red Dead. And I hope there is something equally awesome to poker. AND HAVE POKER!

NBA Superstar

Saw someone post this elsewhere. I mean, it's not the case, but how cool would it have been if it were?