Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sheeeit Stuckey ballin Jumpman10135's Avatar

Default Re: Brandon Jennings is ROTY

55 says hi, But then you say "That was just one game." But the matter of the fact was that that game was probably motavaited the whole team. And plus, He is starting in the playoffs as a rookie. That dosnt happen everyday

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Nah, he isn't. He doesn't have better numbers than Evans or Curry. He also has a big mouth, which probably doesn't help his case.

I do, however, think Jennings is the only guy of the three who's learning what it actually takes to win in the NBA. Skiles is doing a great job teaching Jennings how to run an offense, play defense, all while showcasing his own abilities. If you had to put one of the three on a winning team right now, only Jennings would thrive.
    Watching him run a offense is pretty fun to watch, he has such an influence on the offenseive aspect of the game, and does a good job at it.

His shot will greatly improve and he will obviously improve as a player.

Not to mention, Bogut was so good at offense this season because the Bucks finally got a good offense running PG.

1.Tyreke
    2.Baddy Chuck
    3.Stephen Curry.

Yeah, Bogut was the better player, but Jennings played a huge rule in the Bucks year. He did a great job managing the team. He's learning how to win.

The Kings fell into the lottery because they suck. Evans had a good year, but I'm still not convinced he's a winner. The guy monopolizes the basketball.
    And shoots the most layups in the league, which is amazing and shouldn't be possible for a rookie. Shouldn't be over looked, and with him getting ROY it isn't.

Yeah, Bogut was the better player, but Jennings played a huge rule in the Bucks year. He did a great job managing the team. He's learning how to win.

The Kings fell into the lottery because they suck. Evans had a good year, but I'm still not convinced he's a winner. The guy monopolizes the basketball.
    That's the thing. Jennings just happens to be a role player on a playoff team. He also has been extremely inconsistent even compared to fellow rook-PG Stephen Curry, who's arguably hasn't performed as well this season as Evans. Jennings is fortunate to be on a team that now has enough experience, and a lot of weaponry to become a perennial playoff team. Kings just aren't there, but Tyreke Evans had more than just a good year. He had a great rookie year. He showed to be the most capable rookie throughout the season. Whether that transcends to best career out of the class remains to be seen, but this year, he's deserves the ROY.

Don't get me wrong. Jennings is actually my personal favorite out of the rookies this year. I really look forward to how he develops, but I believe Evans had the best rookie campaign. Furthermore, at risk or sounding cheesy, I believe Jennings, Evans, and Curry all had different and valuable lessons in winning. Jennings obviously is performing good in the playoffs, but Evans has had some heroics in the season, notably leading the Kings back from 35 down against the Bulls mid-season. While my rookie rankings don't necessarily reflect how I think these players will develop in their careers, I find it hard to argue against what Evans has done this season for ROY.

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

Jennings was playing great for the first few weeks when the season started, after that he's been putting up stats like 4-15, 6-20, 3-12fgm type of stats. Sorry but Bogut has been the clear winner why the Bucks are in the playoffs.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by TheLogo
    I don't think it's fair just to hand the award to Evans because Jennings took his team to the playoffs and dominating.

I believe he is the real ROTY!

37% FG

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman10135
    55 says hi, But then you say "That was just one game." But the matter of the fact was that that game was probably motavaited the whole team. And plus, He is starting in the playoffs as a rookie. That dosnt happen everyday
    Tony Delk had a 50 point game. Who gives a shyt?

College star

Bogut clearly was the Bucks most important player in the regular season.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey6
    Jennings didn't take his team to the playoffs. Bogut did. BJ was an key player on a playoff team, but not the one who lead them there.

Hell, with this kind of logic for ROY, Darko Milicic deserved it over Lebron James because he was on the championship team instead of the lottery team.

I mean really, I really believe in Jennings as a player, but if you watch these Bucks games, you know who's leading that team. On the other hand, the Kings didn't fall into the lottery because of Evans. They fell into the lottery because their team is bad. A top draft is most likely inherits a bad team. That's just the way it is. This should be basic sports knowledge.
    Why do people use ridiculous compariosons to try and make their point valid? You sound like the people who try and say rings don't matter, and because Horry has 7 rings he's better than Karl Malone. Do you honestly believe comparing Darko Milicic to Lebron in terms of ROY is the same as comparing Jennings to Evans or Curry? If you do I just know from here on out to never respond/read/take any of your posts seriously, and hopefully everyone else can do the same.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    Tony Delk had a 50 point game. Who gives a shyt?
    Tony Delk has probably never in his career been as important to a team as Jennings has been as a rookie. I don't see the valid comparison.

Banned

Jennings is still the real ROTY.

Evans didn't do more for his team as Jennings did for his. BJ ran the offense perfectly while Evans and Curry didn't make that big of an impact on their team, besides highlights and stats.

My trained eyes says Jennings is ROTY when I watch him play, the box score reading eyes say Evans.

Bucks fan

If the players around Jennings are so good, why didn't any of you bet a few thousand dollars that the Bucks would win at least 27 games this year? That was the line in Vegas, and Bogut was a known commodity when it was made.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Whatever happened to Michael Redd?

Well he shot 30% from the field...

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    If the players around Jennings are so good, why didn't any of you bet a few thousand dollars that the Bucks would win at least 27 games this year? That was the line in Vegas, and Bogut was a known commodity when it was made.
    Nobody expected Bogut to improve this much.