Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Holy shit Iron Man 3 sucked so many balls

the best of the 3 so far. i rated it 4 stars on RT.

ppl have different tastes and likes. soon as you can accept that reality, life will be better for you.

No wonder Hollywood keeps green-lighting this garbage. People actually like movies with no plot and just a bunch of CGI bulls*t. This is why I appreciate shows like Breaking Bad so much. So much goes into the writing and developing of characters. Yet the Ironman movies are beyond boring even though they have an unlimited budget.

This movie is a 2/10. It's sad that this movie is what passes for entertainment. I wanted to leave 45 minutes before the end.

High School Varsity 6th Man treadster's Avatar

it was okay for what is worth, doesn't have a good plot but it was fun watching it.

6/10

Dude, you suck balls!

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Can u tell me what you liked about it?
    I wasn't going in expecting it to be a master piece, the problem with Iron man 3 is that everyone hyped it up to be one of the best movies ever and then they're disappointed because it doesn't meet their expectations.

Spoilers:

I was very disappointed by Iron man 2, after that I learned from that mess not to hype up the next one, that said it had it's faults, the Mandarin (Biggest arch nemesis) wasn't even real and the Killian was a mediocre antagonist.

That said, I love watching RDJ, I love Iron man (favourite super hero), the suit action was great and it had some great humour, I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    This movie was good if you like comedies and hate super hero movies.
    It was also very solid if you despise entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    It was also very solid if you despise entertainment
    ehh I was entertained and so was maybe the entire movie house where I watched it, I still didnt like what they did to the mandarin, and the cheesy Pepper Potts becomes a super human but overall it was a enjoyable movie.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Garbage gets 5.5? What kind of scale is this? Is 5 not average? Explain yourself.
    I score it like school grades, so when a movie gets a 5.5 from me, it is an F. 2/10 puts it at one of the worst movies of all time. This movie was like a C+ or a B- for me, but that is because part 2 influenced my opinion since it is an F for me.

I think a lot of people are missing the point with this movie. Tony Stark isn't in his suit a lot of time for 2 reasons.

1) It highlights how dangerous the real "manderin" really was as a villain because he was able to completely crush Tony for most of the movie (parallels Bane's role in DKR actually). It shows that Tony is highly vulnerable and mortal.

2) Tony without his suit is representative of the journey he goes on throughout the movie to find himself again. Back to basics, so to speak (as seen when he has to rebuild his suit; cope without Pepper; hang out with the kid who he sees a bit of himself in; etc).

I thought all of these things were a nice departure for the series and will transition him nicely to the role that IronMan was usually in in the comics (making and using technology for the benefit of other superheroes rather than fighting). I also enjoyed how they brought back the comedy that the second movie lacked. Obviously I still think the 1st move is by far the best, but this movie has a lot to appreciate (despite the kinda stereotypical creation of a bad guy...dude gets blown off at a Y2K party ).
    Last edited by Dbrog; 05-10-2013 at 05:57 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    I hate you too.

If you are gonna do it like that just say it's a B or a C+
    But then you don't know how bad of an F it is, because there is a huge difference between 2/10 and 5.5/10.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    No wonder Hollywood keeps green-lighting this garbage. People actually like movies with no plot and just a bunch of CGI bulls*t. This is why I appreciate shows like Breaking Bad so much. So much goes into the writing and developing of characters. Yet the Ironman movies are beyond boring even though they have an unlimited budget.

This movie is a 2/10. It's sad that this movie is what passes for entertainment. I wanted to leave 45 minutes before the end.
    Come off it.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Surely it's better than the plot hole ridden turd that was the dark knight rises?
    Not near the amount of holes you're suggesting.

And Rises had a superior antagonist, actual THREAT and sense of dread and urgency by the film's climax. A legit meaningful character arc from the protagonist that gift wrapped the entire trilogy.

Superior cinematography, script, dialogue and acting all around (beyond RDJ and Kingsley's odd performance) IM 3 was atrocious, and corny ... like most Marvel Studio films.

TDK Rises has an accurate ranking of around 87% or 88%.

IM 3 was like a watered down, boring ass version of TDK Rises with a mythology that isn't near as rich.

Iron Man: 8/10
    Iron Man 2: 5/10
    Iron Man 3: 6/10
    Incredible Hulk: 5/10
    Captain America: 5/10
    Thor: 6/10
    Avengers: 7/10

^^^ It's not right to compare Iron Man and Batman trilogies. It would be impossible for Iron Man 3 to recreate the kind of tone the Batman trilogy has. The latter was completely gritty, rooted in violence and reality (or as real as it can get), whilst Iron Man (and the other Marvel ones) are based around fantasy/sheer coolness. Batman wasn't meant to be cool, he's scary and a hardcore vigilante, Iron Man is awesome and has cool suits with laser cannon things.

The first Iron Man took place in a plausible reality, albeit with a genius designing armor jet suits. Very similar to Batman Begins and TDK trilogy, albeit with out the dark / depressing / nihilistic tone of the Batman character and mythos.

Then by the STUPID third film, people breathe flames and shoot lasers out of their fingers. IM 3 was dumb as hell. RDJ and Kingsley were funny, though. Can't take it seriously.

And since when could Pepper jump 10 feet in the air, rip down an IM suit of armor with her bare hands, rip it apart, and do back flips and ninja kicks? Utterly retarded.

Thought Pepper could only do it because she transformed by the Extremis thing? That's why she was glowing orange and stuff.

But when he breathed fire, that was some serious moment