Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Nash pass to Gasol, Gasol touch pass to Howard, Howard power dunk over 3 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Around 2:05... who blocked Artest? Looks like Ariza?
    Earl Clark

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Nash pass to Gasol, Gasol touch pass to Howard, Howard power dunk over 3 guys.

That jumper at around 2:42 still looks atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by therammingman
    what exercise was that with the way they seemed to keep switching guys in?
    5on5on5

Quote Originally Posted by therammingman
    what exercise was that with the way they seemed to keep switching guys in?
    3 5-man squads..every time a squad scores they keep the ball and have to score on the next squad down the court...the squad on D gets a stop, they get the ball and get to run O on the next squad on the court

from what I gather

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

I noticed Kobe cept giving the ball straight to Nash, good thing to see.

Banned

wow nash has a nice haircut

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I hope everyone else can pick up for Nash on defense. He looks slow as hell.
    He's got Dwight Howard protecting the rim behind him. I'm not sure that a team has ever had a more perfect combination of skills infused in one offseason. I've always felt that Nash and Howard would fit really perfectly together. As long as everyone stays healthy, they should really bring the best out of one another.

That isn't even mentioning Gasol and Bryant in the same starting five.

I don't know man... I'm not much for predictions. It is always difficult to prognosticate, especially when so many teams look so differently this year as compared to last year, but this Lakers team has the potential to become absolutely stunning.

Like I said, a lot of that is incumbent upon health and, of course, with the assumption that none of these guys have really hit the age wall coming into this season. But, if those things are not an issue, this team is scary.

My favorite for the title and I think they could potentially breeze to it. I'm just having a difficult time pin-pointing any weaknesses aside from the injury/age thing. These guys fit together perfectly.

All this guys together will be great to watch.

Ngl I'm really happy (and surprised) to see Dwight moving so well already. I really didn't want to see him hobbling in pain or weak.

Fapped.

Then dipped myself in milk to recover, rewatched, and fapped again.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He's got Dwight Howard protecting the rim behind him. I'm not sure that a team has ever had a more perfect combination of skills infused in one offseason. I've always felt that Nash and Howard would fit really perfectly together. As long as everyone stays healthy, they should really bring the best out of one another.

I don't know man... I'm not much for predictions. It is always difficult to prognosticate, especially when so many teams look so differently this year as compared to last year, but this Lakers team has the potential to become absolutely stunning.

Like I said, a lot of that is incumbent upon health and, of course, with the assumption that none of these guys have really hit the age wall coming into this season. But, if those things are not an issue, this team is scary.

My favorite for the title and I think they could potentially breeze to it. I'm just having a difficult time pin-pointing any weaknesses aside from the injury/age thing. These guys fit together perfectly.
    I totally agree. I just don't wanna set my hopes up to high. This team is built perfectly to account for Nash's weaknesses.

I'm really worried about OKC tho. When Westbrook/Harden isolates it is really hard to give help. Still looking forward to the season. My squad is soo stacked I actually won't even use them in 2k13. Feels like an all star team.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 10-05-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Banned

He's got Dwight Howard protecting the rim behind him.
    Yeah, this.^^^ Nash doesn't really need to stay in front of anybody. D12 is the 3x DPOY.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I totally agree. I just don't wanna set my hopes up to high. This team is built perfectly to account for Nash's weaknesses.

I'm really worried about OKC tho. When Westbrook/Harden isolates it is really hard to give help. Still looking forward to the season. My squad is soo stacked I actually won't even use them in 2k13. Feels like an all star team.
    This Lakers team, if healthy, would absolutely eat OKC alive in the frontcourt. Same goes for Miami.

Again, if things come together like I think they may, this is my title favorite by a pretty wide margin. And, I'm no Lakers fan, obviously. I don't despise them like a lot of people do, but I'm about as unbiased as a person can be when it comes to that team.

I think they could be great... Not really good, but great.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Dwight protecting the paint is definitely an upgrade defensively(especially against pnr where Bynum looks like a statue), but Bynum is no slouch and the Lakers were extremely difficult to score again inside the past two years. They lose to jump shooting teams like OKC and Dallas (and in embarrassing fashion). Even when they were heavy favorites going into the Dallas series. Point is, Lakers have always had elite rim protection, but their perimeter D needs to step up or they risk having this happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster
    Lakers have always had elite rim protection,
    Andrew Bynum has never been on an all-defensive team.

Dwight Howard is a three-time Defensive player of the year.

Let that jiggle around in your head for a few minutes.