Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default the Clippers suck.

what the hell is going on? is Tim Thomas really THAT awful? is he like actually making the rest of the team worse? ... I dont understand how this isn't a top NBA team. what do they lack? besides a coach.. but that didn't stop them last year.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    what the hell is going on? is Tim Thomas really THAT awful? is he like actually making the rest of the team worse? ... I dont understand how this isn't a top NBA team. what do they lack? besides a coach.. but that didn't stop them last year.

I wonder if the Clippers are having buyers remorse. Thomas played one good half a season, with arguably the best point guard in the game today, one of the most explosive offenses, and that warrants a big deal?

how much pricier was radmanovic? should have kept him around.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

I predicted when the season began that Tim Thomas would be deemed a bust in the Clippers forum, which was obviously met with obvious animosity. I stand by my prediction.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

it's pretty obvious, last year was a fluke and I saw this one coming.

I still like Livingston though, the guys a player.

Learning to shoot layups

I was contemplating if any team would be stupid enough to give him a huge deal to "reward" him, and I thought, "no, surely no team is that foolhardy." Then it appeared Phoenix would in fact be that stupid, but somehow, the Clippers took the fall for them instead. Looks like the Clippers will always find a way to be, well, the Clippers. Giving Thomas a deal longer than a year or two was insanity at its finest.

TT's alright... just a role player now, he'll come around.

Problem is Dunleavy has not defined roles, EB is playing like a B;tch and Sam is one year older.

However, Livingston is finally coming around, he's been looking like a young Penny the last few games... so if that hopefully continues I think they can put it together and at least make the playoffs.

I rule the local playground PureElement's Avatar

Like I've said before, the West is just tougher this year then the last when the Jazz, Rockets and Nuggets were sucking due to injuries.

Local High School Star

The kings are crap, too....the pacific division is goin down

Mike Dunleavy is getting exposed as a coach.

First of all, the teams best player(at this moment at least) is sitting on the bench as a sixth man and I honestly think that Quinton Ross is overrated. People say how much of a great defender is, but Tony Parker had no problem with Q Ross's "great defense". Ross should go to the bench with Maggette starting.

Mike Dunleavy, as far as I know, is the main problem. He doesn't even draws up an offense. He just puts matchup advantages and makes them go one on one. At least that's what it looks like. The Clippers have very talented individuas that can play as a team, they just need someone to emphasize that. I think the organization needs to get rid of Mike Dunleavy and hire someone like Rick Adelman. At this point, it's hard to see who out there is worse than Dunleavy. The Clippers better do it NOW while it's still early in the season.

If firing Dunleavy doesn't work, than the Clippers should be in need of a change up. At first I loved it, but now I think it was the dumbest idea to give Kaman that extension. This guy has "play for money" written right on him as far as I'm concerned. I haven't seen him to jack sh!t all season. Are the Clippers allowed to trade kaman yet or do they have to wait till summer time since it's the first year of his new contract? I forget about a lot og the trade restrictions. Sofokolis Schortsanitis will play for the Clippers next season and he's the type of center the Clippers should replace Kaman with. If not, then trade Kaman to a team with a week inside for a strong draft pick and draft a center. Maybe the Clipper's crappy season might be a blessing in desquise(errhmm, Greg Oden). I think Greg Oden and EB would make a nice front court duo.

If the Clippers continue to play like this when february comes, they should tank the rest of the season and jump in the Greg Oden sweepstakes. Oden will be a streight up superstar and that's a type of player the Clippers have been missing since McAdoo(05-06 EB was a fluke).

No matter what, the players the Clippers should keep no matter what should be Maggette, Brand, and Livingston.

Reasons?

Maggette and Brand have been with the team almost since day one(pretty much). And also, Brand and Maggette are great role players to have, especially if you have the possibility of someone like oden coming in.

Livingston is getting better and would be nice to have for the future, although I am getting a little pessimistic about this guy these days. he had a few good games, but I want to see how this guy does by the end of the season.

Hopefully (atleast) the Wolves will be at the 11th pick(Clippers pick if that happens... top 10 protected). I'm sure the Clippers can draft a nice shooter or something. Maybe the Clippers an use it on Marcus Williams, Daequan Cook or Marco Belinelli. If the Clippers are bad enough(top 5 draft pick), draft Hasheem Thabeet if they can't get Greg Oden. If the Clippers can't get a good enough draft pick, trade up by using kaman and maybe Mobley or something.

Do whatever that will be a step to the right direction.

A starting line-up like this could really be refreshing

C- Greg Oden
    F- Elton Brand
    F- Corey Maggette
    G- Marcus Williams
    G- Shaun Livingston

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

And to think I was being laughed at and called a homer during the off-season when I said the Clips did nothing to improve and the Lakers would have a better record. I'll have the last laugh on this one. You really though contract whore Tim Thomas would take this team to the next level huh?

The Clippers were already a good team that didn't need to improve. Thomas isn't the reason why the Clippers suck. The reason is Mike Dunleavy and his BS matchup game. Why don't you watch a Clipper game and actually see why they are not doing so well.

I rule the local playground PureElement's Avatar

Everyone blames their coach when their roster isn't good, look at the Knicks.

clipps, what is dunleavy doing so different from last year?
    You guys played well without magette most of last year too. Him off the bench can't be anything but a boon for you guys since you didn't have that advantage last year. Now if he's being pissy about it and causing team chem issues that is a different story, but I really haven't read anything about clipps having those kinds of problems so far.