Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: natural no-soap bathing, the way to go?

I only shampoo my hair like once a week. I used to never shampoo it when I had long hair. It was greasy as fuck.

I can't do that. I'd smell. I've done that when i run out of soap and don't want to use my wife's perfumey stuff and after a day i smell.

There's no way I could go without shampooing my hair.

I stopped using soap for a while now. I have sensitive skin and soap always dries up my skin. Tried a whole bunch of different kinds but finally gave up. I still shampoo my hair though.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    There's no way I could go without shampooing my hair.
    First chick in the thread. I haven't met a girl that won't shampoo. Do you have naturally curly or straight hair? If it's straight, you could go without.

Decent playground baller Immortal Bum's Avatar

This feels like a prank

ive tried not using shampoo before.

I lasted about 3 weeks.

my hair gets too matted for me to handle it.

i have a couple friends that dont use shampoo or deodorant though and it seems to work for them.

Yeah, I mean really: do you realize how much you spend every year on soap? Some scam they got running.

No seriously, please use soap. If not for you then for everyone else.

con my cuerno de chivo wheyhigh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo
    You could start by wiping it properly.
    fck you mother****er. what is the proper way to wipe after youve taken a big shit that smears everywhere? i can literally go ply after ply on my ass and the smeared sh!t will still be there. i clean my ass with soap and water, quicker and no residue left over so if i want to ball up later on i don't have to worry about my ass stinking.

op-wat about your oily face? like waking up in the morning? do you use hair products? its almost impossible to get rid of hair products without shampoo/soap

Quote Originally Posted by wheyhigh
    fck you mother****er. what is the proper way to wipe after youve taken a big shit that smears everywhere? i can literally go ply after ply on my ass and the smeared sh!t will still be there. i clean my ass with soap and water, quicker and no residue left over so if i want to ball up later on i don't have to worry about my ass stinking.

op-wat about your oily face? like waking up in the morning? do you use hair products? its almost impossible to get rid of hair products without shampoo/soap
    Use a little tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by wheyhigh

Cottonelle toilet wipes.

con my cuerno de chivo wheyhigh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kensta
    Cottonelle toilet wipes.
    how moist are they? i hate having excess moist running down my thigh, not a pleasant feeling (for me at least).

5-time NBA All-Star

Lol.. I'm actually in the process of this. I've been using a loofah just to exfoliate, and if I really smell or whatever some white vinegar diluted with water.

Thus far, it's been fantastic. My entire body has a glow to it and it doesnt smell at all. However you gotta eat good too. Avoid that processed junk that sits in ur gut and finds a way to exit thru ur skin. Lots of fruits veggies fiber and water of course. I eat Indian/MExican/Oriental cuisine with lots of spices often and oddly enough no BO aftereffects lol.

Def not skippin Shampoo though. Herbal Essences ftw.
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 01-05-2011 at 07:38 PM.

College star

I knew a guy who tried this, only for like three weeks though. Everyone was saying he stunk all the time though. Maybe he just never regulated, or just slower than others. I have went a long time without showering before, just when camping though.

I am thinking of trying it, could be cool to see if it works and I guess the money saved would be worth it. That regulating phase might get a little awkward though.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden695
    I knew a guy who tried this, only for like three weeks though. Everyone was saying he stunk all the time though. Maybe he just never regulated, or just slower than others. I have went a long time without showering before, just when camping though.

I am thinking of trying it, could be cool to see if it works and I guess the money saved would be worth it. That regulating phase might get a little awkward though.
    It's not a lack of bathing, just the method. Don't just stop cleaning yourself or you will stink.