Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425

Default Re: Knicks deal with Tyson Chandler: 4 years, $58 million

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Since it's a S&T, the Knicks can still keep Billups right? Unless he's who the Mavs are asking for..
    No they can't. Billups will have to go either in a s&t for salaries or dumped to make cap space.

EricPincus Eric Pincus
    @ElChazzy no - cause if mavs geting trade x - means chandler coming in for cap space

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 33teeth
    If Billups is amnestied, I hope the Kings put in a bid for him. I know he'd probably throw a fit and try not to play for them, but they could use his veteran presence.

His "buyer beware" warning is pretty sour grapes. If he doesn't want to play, what's the harm in a team like SAC picking him up anyway? A few million dollars for someone who refuses to play? We've paid Abdur-Rahim and Kenny Thomas more than that for the same production. If Miami wants him then they can try to trade for him. He gets millions of dollars to play a game according to a CBA he (or his union) agreed to. Amnesty is part of it!
    So is retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    oh really? what was his last contract/ or curries last contract? reasonably good 7' players get paid, esp. the defensive anchor of the defending champs
    Defensive anchor? That's cute.

The Mavericks defense was good due to the virtue of every single player hustling and busting his ass on that end. Tyson Chandler has never been a good defender on any team he played on other than last season. Where the hell was Tyson Chandler when the Bobcats or the Hornets needed a defensive anchor? I remember Chandler getting outplayed by his teammate Nazr Mohamed every game. And this was the exact same Tyson Chandler he is today.

Best of Both Worlds Dwyane Rose's Avatar

Default Re: Tyson Chandler to NY!?

Grossly overpaid, after he had one decent post-season... Next thing you know Brian Scalabrine is signed to a max contract when he gets a triple-double.

Default Re: Tyson Chandler to NY!?

Life wont be nearly as easy playing with Melo & Amare as it was Kidd & Dirk.

The spacing wont be the same.

Da Mavs

Just one season ago, Tyson Chandler was a frail and mediocre center. One good postseason run, my goodness

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Just one season ago, Tyson Chandler was a frail and mediocre center. One good postseason run, my goodness