Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls!

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Dark Souls!

Quote Originally Posted by LebronairJAMES
    i thought dragon age 2 was great and cant wait for part 3 you must get dark souls its a rare game in todays market you will love it, i picked up nba 2k12 and dark souls at the same time i prob have about 5 hours on 2k12 and 55 hours on dark souls prepare to die lol
    Yea dude I actually liked Dragon Age 2 a lot. I played it 3 times back to back without getting bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Yea dude I actually liked Dragon Age 2 a lot. I played it 3 times back to back without getting bored.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I enjoyed Dragon Age 2 a lot also. I made the mistake of playing 2 before DA1 and I could not finish DA1....I lost interest.

So far in Dark Souls, I'm dying a lot more in the beginning vs Demon's Souls. Just beat the 2nd boss....the one where you climb up the archer tower....then I got roasted by the red dragon. ....but I want more.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I enjoyed Dragon Age 2 a lot also. I made the mistake of playing 2 before DA1 and I could not finish DA1....I lost interest.

So far in Dark Souls, I'm dying a lot more in the beginning vs Demon's Souls. Just beat the 2nd boss....the one where you climb up the archer tower....then I got roasted by the red dragon. ....but I want more.
    you can kill that red dragon with one arrow shot from where that black night is up the stair case but before you do that shoot off his tail to get the drake sword took me about 30 standard arrows
    and another thing invest in get alot of arrows it will help you alot later on

Quote Originally Posted by LebronairJAMES
    you can kill that red dragon with one arrow shot from where that black night is up the stair case but before you do that shoot off his tail to get the drake sword took me about 30 standard arrows
    and another thing invest in get alot of arrows it will help you alot later on
    Thanks. Just did this last night. Pretty bada$$ weapon to have in the beginning.

Thanks. Just did this last night. Pretty bada$$ weapon to have in the beginning.
    It should hold you over until you get the OP Lightning Spear in Sen's fortress. Then that weapon can beat the game for you.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    It should hold you over until you get the OP Lightning Spear in Sen's fortress. Then that weapon can beat the game for you.
    Using that right now. I've died at the Iron Golem about 4 times now. His "grab and smash me into the ground" move always gets me. Tough to figure out the range on that. He seems to always scoop me.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Using that right now. I've died at the Iron Golem about 4 times now. His "grab and smash me into the ground" move always gets me. Tough to figure out the range on that. He seems to always scoop me.
    Make sure you use the lightning spear because it'll stun him worse and worse over time. If you strafe to his sides constantly, his grabs and attacks should miss. You can also go human and summon the Iron Turk (some name like that) in the room across the small bridge near the boss room. That dude will kill the boss for you basically, he's very strong.

Got the game last week but didnt play until today. Chose knight class w/master key. played about and hour and im currently stuck at the fire shrine. went through the left path of what seems like a cemetary and kept getting killed by skeleton warriors. Then i took the lower path down the elevator and now getting murked by ghosts... HALP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    Got the game last week but didnt play until today. Chose knight class w/master key. played about and hour and im currently stuck at the fire shrine. went through the left path of what seems like a cemetary and kept getting killed by skeleton warriors. Then i took the lower path down the elevator and now getting murked by ghosts... HALP!!!
    Of the three possible paths, you chose the two wrong ones(for now). I did the same and got my a$$ handed to me. You need to up the side of the hill/mountain with the staircase on it. If you look past the body that rewards you with humanity....head that way.

Go to 4:50 of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTA4NLkdw2U&NR=1

Of the three possible paths, you chose the two wrong ones(for now). I did the same and got my a$$ handed to me. You need to up the side of the hill/mountain with the staircase on it. If you look past the body that rewards you with humanity....head that way.

I did the same exact thing. no biggie. Just go up top and mess them dudes up.

Btw...this is only my second rpg game(Mass Effect was my first) but I love em...I havent been able to put it down for the last 2 days.

^Yes it is hard to put down. The other day I kept dying over and over, but still I kept going back for more.

Those damn giant rats! Sucks when you get poisoned. I have nothing early on to cure the poison status.

Nothing scarier than when you see a giant knight just chilling and he notices you and chases the hell out of you.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

You can farm poison/blood healing herbs in the first part of the forest with those walking trees.

The worst was getting the "toxic" status in after getting shot by some daggers in Blighttown. That drains your health really fast.

Just beat the main (I think) bosses in Anor Londo and holy crap was that a tough fight. Summoned a random online player for as well as the NPC Knight Solaire for cannon fodder. Not really sure where to go next. Maybe down to the flooded place with all the ghosts that's kicked my ass several times already.

I did as you said and it was much more manageable. I left off at the bonfie i found up there. theres this black knight that ive been trying to fight with but it seems im not on his level yet.

Im currently playing more arkham city. its amazing how much of a badass you feel as batman but when i pop in dark souls... the humbleness begins.

FUUUU... It took me almost 12 hours of game time just to ring that fxxking first bell, ugh!

Kept getting murked from that minotaur on the bridge, and once i finally killed dude... FROOM! got burnt from a fxxking dragon. I couldn't even kill the damn thing so I found another path under a bridge and came across an armored boar; bastard was tough. Made it to the hall and had fought with a huge black knight and a fxxking sorcerer. But after all of that ordeal, Nothing has made me rage more than those fxxcking gargoyles, fxxk them to hell!

I swear, i knew this game was going to be challenging, but fxxk! I don't know how i did it, but i have to take a break from this game for now. Because I almost lost my sh!t, dude (and im a pretty chill dude, too). I have a love/hate feeling towards this game.

Its so frustrating because i usually am a fast paced player but this game literally takes me out my comfort zone - which is a good thing - and makes you approach it slowly and methodically, which games today never do. I'll get back to this game eventually but for now, my pride is wounded. This game has literally kicked my ass in every which way possible.