Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: I would take Jonny Flynn over both Rubio and Jennings

none of the college/european point guards impress me that much. i think it's a pretty overrated group. i wouldn't consider any one of them a franchise player and i wouldn't want my team built around any of them either.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    Flynn is more of a what you see is what you get type of player. He may be better than Jennings, but I think Rubio and Calathes are better prospects and have more potential. That's just me.
    Like I said how many point guards are successful and 6'5''+???

McCants is Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    Like I said how many point guards are successful and 6'5''+???
    You act as if being 6'5 is a disadvantage for him.

Banned

You act as if being 6'5 is a disadvantage for him.
    Sure it helps significantly when seeing the field, but a majority of these tall point guards aren't quick nor fast enough to guard the NBA points. They have to fall off trying to guard SG position opening a need for an undersized shooting guard. Calathes is both these things, while Rubio is so weak everyone out side of Steve Nash would bully him.

McCants is Available!!

Sure it helps significantly when seeing the field, but a majority of these tall point guards aren't quick nor fast enough to guard the NBA points. They have to fall off trying to guard SG position opening a need for an undersized shooting guard. Calathes is both these things, while Rubio is so weak everyone out side of Steve Nash would bully him.
    Yeah well of course there are things he has to work on such as getting stronger, but so does Flynn.

Not airballing my layups anymore SuperLopez's Avatar

http://blog.underarmour.com/wheninrome/2008/12/
    "Barcelona, Spain Trip & Euro League Game
    Friday, December 12th, 2008

Hey wasup everybody - We just got back from Barcelona, Spain, where we had a huge Euro League game. It was a great trip overall. The food and city are amazing. We got to Spain around 7pm Wed night. As soon as we checked into the hotel we had a team meeting and team dinner. I then bounced to do a few media requests with Ricky Rubio. I was able to spend a few hours with Ricky, he was really cool, he speaks English very well. Just like me he has a ton of energy and loves playing the game of basketball. He showed up to the media blitz with his Mom and Dad, he has really nice parents. We talked for a few minutes. It was funny because I was signing my Jersey for someone and Ricky says to me

Banned

[QUOTE=SuperLopez]http://blog.underarmour.com/wheninrome/2008/12/
    "Barcelona, Spain Trip & Euro League Game
    Friday, December 12th, 2008

Hey wasup everybody - We just got back from Barcelona, Spain, where we had a huge Euro League game. It was a great trip overall. The food and city are amazing. We got to Spain around 7pm Wed night. As soon as we checked into the hotel we had a team meeting and team dinner. I then bounced to do a few media requests with Ricky Rubio. I was able to spend a few hours with Ricky, he was really cool, he speaks English very well. Just like me he has a ton of energy and loves playing the game of basketball. He showed up to the media blitz with his Mom and Dad, he has really nice parents. We talked for a few minutes. It was funny because I was signing my Jersey for someone and Ricky says to me

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

This dude can formulate sentences, but he gets a score on the SAT that makes him ineligible...
    Brandon Jennings first score was ineligible. Jennings second score, which he passed) wasn't counted because people in the NCAA office decided the jump in score was "too dramatic". Jennings was forced to take a third test under NCAA supervisor. Jennings took the test. When his results got delayed Jennings said "screw it" and went overseas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Brandon Jennings first score was ineligible. Jennings second score, which he passed) wasn't counted because people in the NCAA office decided the jump in score was "too dramatic". Jennings was forced to take a third test under NCAA supervisor. Jennings took the test. When his results got delayed Jennings said "screw it" and went overseas.
    So he never got his last results?

Seems to be working out for him though, considering he is making money and still has a high draft stock...

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

So he never got his last results?

Seems to be working out for him though, considering he is making money and still has a high draft stock...
    Nope. The results from the last test got delayed. Considering there hasn't been a leak of the results from the NCAA offices I assume Jennings it.

Just watched the Florida/NC State game and I'm sorry but Calathes>>>>>Flynn

On top of him being taller at 6'6, he is a better playmaker and better shooter. Flynn is more athletic and quicker, but if we're talking better NBA point guard prospect, Calathes wins.
    Calathes = Kirk Hinrich

And I hate his brother.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?catego...792&id=3817552

^Highlights from last night's game vs. Depaul. First 3 highlights are Flynn (1st two are great passes on the fast break, the 3rd play an and1 layup)

where is paul harris projected? last i saw was in the second round which i don't understand at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Calathes = Kirk Hinrich

And I hate his brother.
    Please he doesn't have Hinrich's tenacity on defense or vision. Remember before his slump (terrible coaching imho) Hinrich was looking to be one of the best pure points in the league.

Please he doesn't have Hinrich's tenacity on defense or vision. Remember before his slump (terrible coaching imho) Hinrich was looking to be one of the best pure points in the league.
    I didn't mean he was as good, I meant as far as offensive playing style.

where is paul harris projected? last i saw was in the second round which i don't understand at all.
    2nd round to undrafted. He's down there because he's a big forward in a 6'4" man's body.

By the way, Jonny Flynn had 15 pts, 9 assists, and 7 rebounds today. His steal/mins aren't in the boxscore yet so I'll edit them in when I find out.

I'll post the highlights too.