Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Spiders/Arachnid Unappreciation Thread

In the room across from mine, by the window, I kid you not there are roughly 20 dead spider bodies with 5 other live spiders hanging on webs.

This is when you know that life hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    In the room across from mine, by the window, I kid you not there are roughly 20 dead spider bodies with 5 other live spiders hanging on webs.

This is when you know that life hates you.
    maybe cleaning will get rid of them.........btw, is this out in the countryside ?

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

something so sensual about it

   

your place sounds like paradise, batz.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    oh shit...........guess that is the price you have to pay for great nature experiences !? where was this, if i may ask
    Sorry, just now re-entered this thread. It was at Lake Elsinore, CA.

   

spiders don't even like to bite humans. their mouth-parts are all wrong for the job.

emergency rooms apparently admit a large number of patients every year who claim to have been bitten by spiders. after testing, the number of people who actually got bothered by a spider is around 2% of them, IIRC.

the chances of the two most deadliest spiders in the USA... the brown recluse and the black widow... killing a human being is microscopic set against all the other agents, such as poor health, car crash, home accident, etc.

in australia it's a different story, but oz is oz... land of toxic animals.

personally i got over my fear a long time ago, and have learned to embrace spiders. they are some of our best arthropod friends of all... maybe next to the mantids. they give us awesome pest control... none of which really want to mess with us, and then along comes motherf--king PEOPLE in civilisation who claim spiders are turrible. (words of sir charles barkley)

so tell me this: WTF is the real threat of spiders to you personally, other than the freak-out factor. huh?

Doesn't Australia have like giant spiders and shit? That place is a jungle. Spiders terrify me.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Sorry, just now re-entered this thread. It was at Lake Elsinore, CA.
    i see, thanks ....i did some reading: ...Rapid population growth in the mid-2000s altered the appearance and image of Lake Elsinore from a small lakeside town of 3,800 people in 1976 to a bedroom community of upper middle-class professionals. The city was ranked as the 12th fastest growing city in California between 2000 and 2008.[12] There are now over 51,821 residents as of the 2010 census and formerly open hillsides have been converted into housing tracts

animals are mad and sad

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Batz, are you dead?

For some reason, I laughed way too hard at this post.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    i see, thanks ....i did some reading: ...Rapid population growth in the mid-2000s altered the appearance and image of Lake Elsinore from a small lakeside town of 3,800 people in 1976 to a bedroom community of upper middle-class professionals. The city was ranked as the 12th fastest growing city in California between 2000 and 2008.[12] There are now over 51,821 residents as of the 2010 census and formerly open hillsides have been converted into housing tracts

animals are mad and sad
    Yeah, not sure I want to go back there.

Quotes from quick Google searches from people at Lake Elsinore:

picked up a parts car to fix up my daily that is infested with black widow spiders and a lot of eggs.
    My wife and I have found several black widows in and outside of our home and a few brown recluse
    We have tons of black widows and wolf spiders so far that i've seen.
    Black Widows aren't all that dangerous, got dozens of them around my house in the nooks and crannies. I did see a strange looking one the other day though
    (Bullshit on the not dangerous part though)

Do not at this hotel the first weekend I stayed I woke up to ants and water bugs this was in a excecutive suite, I returned the following weekend ti find a black widow with a web of babies and dead roaches they were feeding off of.
    Female black widow spiders in Lake Elsinore Ca are large and black have and red hour glass on their abdomen. The males are smaller, with longer legs and a black and yellow designs. Black widow spiders in Lake Elsinore Ca are poisonous. The female bites are more poisonous than the male. They are one of the few spiders in Lake Elsinore Ca that can actually kill you. The female black widow spider actually kills their male black widow spider after mating. The female spider will lays 300-400 eggs.
    A camper from the same camp site I went to:
    If there were an option to put zero stars I would. This camp site is absolutely awful. Getting to the spot on the lake where you are actually permitted to swim and float is not conviently close, its at least a drive away and the water is full of algae which makes it smell. There are bugs and spiders everywhere. Granted this is camping, however I do not feel like it is ideal to have to squish a cockroach every 5 feet. The only barhrooms available are port o pottys and they are infested with black widows. If you do not have a problem with ants, cockroaches, black widows, wolf spiders, and other various insects this is the place for you. If you are willing to take a chance be prepared to sleep in your car. DO NOT COME!
    Yeah, f*ck that place.

natures way of saying "leave this place alone" ? maybe they could set some nice birds out that could eat all the bugs............... but no bird can perhaps eat those spiders ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Doesn't Australia have like giant spiders and shit? That place is a jungle. Spiders terrify me.
    I think the biggest spiders we have are the huntsman spider. Pretty well harmless to humans, but scary as shit when they just pop up. Anyone ever pulled down the windshield in their car and had a spider just sitting there? I have and just about caused a pile up.

But anyway, as for giant spiders, I think those Camel-spider things from Egypt (or wherever) are ridiculous. Like half-spider/half-scorpion. Thankful we don't have them.

i pretty much leave spiders alone in our house. they're great at keeping our house mosquito free. the only thing i hate are their webs. shits make the rooms all dusty.

no need to fear poison from spiders unless they're of the colorful variety.

   

Do not [stay] at this hotel the first weekend I stayed I woke up to ants and water bugs this was in a excecutive suite, I returned the following weekend ti find a black widow with a web of babies and dead roaches they were feeding off of.
    if you want a real problem, try bed bugs.

they are on the rise across urban areas of the US. they make hidden nests around your bed, then creep out to feed on you when you fall asleep.

spiders don't have mouthparts designed to bite humans. bed bugs have mouthparts custom-designed to suck our blood.