Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Playing with people who can't play(dribble pass make a layup etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by percolator
    The worst is the guy with no shot who puts it up every time he touches the ball.
    I don't think these people who just jack shots up realize how bad it is for everyone when they are making 10% of their shots. You're right: these people are very hard to reason with. The constructive and nurturing approach never works...

Floor spacing is huge. When they sit in the corner calling for the ball and their man doesn't even defend them...the paint gets so clogged and the whole team is forced to take more outside shots.

Usually I'll just tell them to set screens. Never works.

National High School Star

I play with a dude who jacks it up every time, always from 3 and always missing, even airballing or wide of the actuall backboard
    But that said, he magically always hits the game winning 3, and his done this time and time again, i don't even think his missed one yet. so now, i dont give him the ball on the 3 point line, until then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Marv_Albert
    Got Damn... Anybody else get mad as hell and feel like walking out playing these pick up games in the summer? Your wide open to go up for a dunk all someone has to do is pass it to you and they throw the baddest pass in the world that gets tipped and stuffs it up, someone who gets the ball and thinks he can drive it to the lane through 5 dudes and loses it on the first dribble, you start playing the point and you pass it and never get the ball back... dammmmm I'm mad as hell never again will I play with amateurs again it's not even worth it messes with my god damn emotions.

Even worse the guy who gets the ball and is wide open can take it to the rack and just shoots the ball... wtf is up with that?
    hahah i just made the same damn thread. agreed.

also, my problem is that i dont get the ball in the spots that i like, they just expect me to play like rip hamilton. and that just aint my game.

i want it on the elbow damnit, on the elbow!!

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    also, my problem is that i dont get the ball in the spots that i like, they just expect me to play like rip hamilton. and that just aint my game.

i want it on the elbow damnit, on the elbow!!
    Hell yeah man or that dude that thinks hes the main man and tells you where to stand... bitch you aint no steve nash!!!