Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: "Daddy (1 or 2), where do babies come from?"

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    what a stupid ad?
    You feel it's a stupid ad... and I'm not saying I don't concur, but I am saying this is a very likely possible outcome of what could (and surely will) happen in many scenarios where daddy + daddy are sitting there on the couch and being asked the ? by little six year old Samantha.

Sure, you're of age and you understand what love is all about and how adults can fully comprehend such a dynamic emotional behavior, but she isn't going to understand. In time, yes, but not at such an early age, and yes, it will alter her "natural" upbringing and how she questions things. Not in all cases with all children, but in most cases it will.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    so if someone is infertile they have no reason to get married? if i couldn't have a child that commercial would probly offend me.

How many times do I have to mention this... A's and O's.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
    Actually it's you who sounds butt hurt about it, why does it affect your life if they allow marriage for same sex couples, why does your opinion matter at all in relation to someone else s life.

If you can't mind your own business and get on with your own life without worrying about everyone else, why should people care what you think or give any credence to your opinion.
    Why do I care? There are many reasons, most of which are obvious and exactly why billions of others are opposed to the idea.

Excluding all the religious points ... let's just use a practical one. I'm concerned because my children, their children, and then their children, fast forward hundreds of years, etc. ... there's the potential my offspring might be raising their own children in a world where there's less likelihood of them surviving.

Male + Female = life.

Male + Male = no life.

Female + Female = no life.

Is that reason enough to "care" wise guy?

Agree with LoJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ass Dan
    Your opinions hold us all back, shame on you. Of course Male-Female loving married parents are ideal, but whent he 'ideal' fails MORE THAN half of the time we need to consider reasonable alternatives.

Being unreasonable when introduced to reason shows a clear lack of reasoning and ignorance.

sad people like you spew as they do.
    How am I the one "holding us back" ? ... When it takes a pecker + cooter to make a baby, and not vice versa?

I guess I'm just not seeing the logic in your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    what does a hetero couple tell their 6 year old when they ask where babies come from? i think my parents told me some bullshit story about storks or santa.
    I was seeking a more serious response, however as your post proves, when there's no real response that would justify your own personal opinion that same sex couples are just as productive, beneficial, ideal, etc - I get some lame attempt at humor instead.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

I love when single, never-been-married guys drop morals on "what marriage is", of course the absolute bottom line is "how could you possibly give a shit?" but some people do like trying to define and control society. Shit's for the birds though, I don't really want to concern myself with archaic, unevolved arguments that should have been settled last century. Try to catch up boys.

hahaha, just read that last post, you're definitely trolling if you're implying that homosexuality is some sort of danger to humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    I love when single, never-been-married guys drop morals on "what marriage is", of course the absolute bottom line is "how could you possibly give a shit?" but some people do like trying to define and control society. Shit's for the birds though, I don't really want to concern myself with archaic, unevolved arguments that should have been settled last century. Try to catch up boys.

hahaha, just read that last post, you're definitely trolling if you're implying that homosexuality is some sort of danger to humanity.
    Can we please keep this debate on the issue, and not make this into some beef shit? If you have something worthwhile to add, please feel free. I'm not in the mood for your post + picture to try and be a silly little "hey LOJ smash a poster up time!" ... OK?

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    Can we please keep this debate on the issue, and not make this into some beef shit? If you have something worthwhile to add, please feel free. I'm not in the mood for your post + picture to try and be a silly little "hey LOJ smash a poster up time!" ... OK?

that was me being fairly serious. Sorry if it's dismissive but I really think your opinion is archaic and barely worth addressing, people's stance on this issue is a polarizing barometer of where they're at mentally for me, you might as well believe the planet is flat, you're that far behind common sense/collective conscience in my opinion. I think it's absurd for anyone to care if a couple dudes who love each other want to get married. Seriously, who gives a shit? Affects me next-to-zero.

I don't see homosexuality as something that's "encouraged" by allowing gay marriage. I think it's part of human (and animal) life on this planet and always has been and always will be. They have some thing (I don't really want to get into nature vs nurture, but I think it's probably a bit of both depending on the person, I know some lesbians who had horrible early life experiences with their fathers or other men and I can't help but think that was partially responsible, otherwise I personally think it's mostly a biological deviance, but I don't really know, I don't really care, it's not something they're choosing, I know that) within them that makes them deviate from our sexual norm. Oh well. You're balding. I have a saggy scrotum. J$ has creepy eyes. It's just details, it means nothing. Your kids aren't going to be gay unless they're gay. Nothing they see on TV is going to change that. If more gay people are comfortable being gay and not living closeted lives, in loveless marriages/families or denying themselves happiness because we're less uptight, judgmental, and sanctimonious about it, that's not a bad thing. It's not some kumbaya hippie utopian shit, it's just respect and knowing what's important to concern yourself with and what's somebody else's life. Prioritize your convictions and of course, clean up your own back yard.

here's the silly picture to derail my othewise serious reply

if we're not careful, in a few hundred years, bears like these will rule the earth and us breeders will have to sneak around in the shadows to get a little piece of poony

Why do I care? There are many reasons, most of which are obvious and exactly why billions of others are opposed to the idea.

Excluding all the religious points ... let's just use a practical one. I'm concerned because my children, their children, and then their children, fast forward hundreds of years, etc. ... there's the potential my offspring might be raising their own children in a world where there's less likelihood of them surviving.

Male + Female = life.

Male + Male = no life.

Female + Female = no life.

Is that reason enough to "care" wise guy?
    No, it's not reason enough, like I said, what business is it of yours what others do with their life, since when does everyone else have to live their life to please you, do other people try to control your life by telling you what you can and can't do with regards to your lifestyle?

There are not so called billions of others opposed to it, it's the religious nut jobs and their dogmatic agenda trying to tell others how to live their lives according to their beliefs which they believe is the moral compass of the world, I like how you quote "remove the religious points", those are the only points, and obviously the points which matter to you the most, most of the people who are always the most opposed are the religious believers like you.

If anything these people will be breeding themselves out of the gene pool allowing your progeny to have a better chance of survival, it's natural selection at its best, only the strong survive, if you don't procreate, your genetics don't pass down, simple concept, so again, why do you care?

So from one wise guy to another, mind your own business, live your own life and stop thinking you have a right or moral authority to tell others how to live their lives or that they should care about your opinion.

I was seeking a more serious response, however as your post proves, when there's no real response that would justify your own personal opinion that same sex couples are just as productive, beneficial, ideal, etc - I get some lame attempt at humor instead.
    i thought this thread was humor.

your arguments are laughably absurd - we should outlaw gay marriage because its hard to explain to 6 year old children, and because "man + man = no babies and humanity will eventually go extinct."

are you seriously arguing that shit? i thought this whole thread was just comedy. you are being serious right now? if we allow gay marriage, humans will stop reproducing??

go ahead and get gay married brah, ill make your woman preggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    that was me being fairly serious. Sorry if it's dismissive but I really think your opinion is archaic and barely worth addressing, people's stance on this issue is a polarizing barometer of where they're at mentally for me, you might as well believe the planet is flat, you're that far behind common sense/collective conscience in my opinion. I think it's absurd for anyone to care if a couple dudes who love each other want to get married. Seriously, who gives a shit? Affects me next-to-zero.

I don't see homosexuality as something that's "encouraged" by allowing gay marriage. I think it's part of human (and animal) life on this planet and always has been and always will be. They have some thing (I don't really want to get into nature vs nurture, but I think it's probably a bit of both depending on the person, I know some lesbians who had horrible early life experiences with their fathers or other men and I can't help but think that was partially responsible, otherwise I personally think it's mostly a biological deviance, but I don't really know, I don't really care, it's not something they're choosing, I know that) within them that makes them deviate from our sexual norm. Oh well. You're balding. I have a saggy scrotum. J$ has creepy eyes. It's just details, it means nothing. Your kids aren't going to be gay unless they're gay. Nothing they see on TV is going to change that. If more gay people are comfortable being gay and not living closeted lives, in loveless marriages/families or denying themselves happiness because we're less uptight, judgmental, and sanctimonious about it, that's not a bad thing. It's not some kumbaya hippie utopian shit, it's just respect and knowing what's important to concern yourself with and what's somebody else's life. Prioritize your convictions and of course, clean up your own back yard.

here's the silly picture to derail my othewise serious reply

if we're not careful, in a few hundred years, bears like these will rule the earth and us breeders will have to sneak around in the shadows to get a little piece of poony
    I can respect your post, and your opinion, but ours vary obviously. It's really none of my business what two other people do in private, and I'm surely not the judge of anyone else. I just feel our nation is going through a critical point in history, and the decisions we make from a policy standpoint will result in unfavorable disappoint from our heavenly Father, and I'll leave it at that, I don't want to get into a religious discussion.

The rest of the world also looks up to us, and their policies will change to reflect what we do... and at some point the entire world will be not only tolerate, but openly accepting of gay marriage.

Seeing two men at the alter being pronounced as husband and husband just doesn't seem right to me. I realize I'm coming off quite narrow minded, as two people can intimately and romantically love one another, regardless of their race, sex, etc... but it's just bluntly not natural. I'm not saying you can help who love, but we do have the ability to make decisions, and that there's something morally wrong with someone who makes the choice to love another lustfully and intimately who's the same sex as themselves.

Your point about the abused wife, etc. makes a lot of sense. One's social environment, especially with young boys at such a young age, plays a critical part in one's choice of orientation into adolescent. You hear how people claim they were "attracted to other little boys since the age of 5 or so" but I'm, not entirely convinced of that.

I'm not going to make the claim you're NOT born gay... but there's no such gay gene, and while we can observe other species (most notably mammals) engage in homosexual behavior, most of the cases are in males, not females. We know males are the more aggressive and sexual creatures, so that would make sense.

I believe the overwhelming factor is that human beings have a much more elevated conscience which boils down to decision making versus acting off instinct. Homosexuals have existed through the entire evolution of human history, but I believe the overwhelming factor in one's sexual orientation is based off early social environment, and not genetics.

I'm not saying I'm right, but I am saying logically it makes much more sense as a population that the boys mate with the girls, and that the boys with boys and girls with girls just doesn't seem right... and seems morally corrupt, acting against nature... acting against God's original design.
    Last edited by Legend of Josh; 07-27-2012 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    i thought this thread was humor.

your arguments are laughably absurd - we should outlaw gay marriage because its hard to explain to 6 year old children, and because "man + man = no babies and humanity will eventually go extinct."

are you seriously arguing that shit? i thought this whole thread was just comedy. you are being serious right now? if we allow gay marriage, humans will stop reproducing??

go ahead and get gay married brah, ill make your woman preggers.
    I didn't say it would completely derail reproduction entirely... but you can't possibly say you don't get the point?

If mother nature intended for us to engage in male + male partnership, then reproduction would somehow, someway be possible. It isn't. Yes, we live in 2012, and science has advanced in many different facets. We can artificially create life in a test-tube, but mother nature (some would argue God) did not intend for us to take the place of them (or Him).

That's all that I'm saying.

What's laughably observed is you continue to attempt lame humor without exactly contributing to the discussion. This is your calling card though... thinking you're witty and comical while adding your useless political, religious, tired and all-so common propaganda on the level of your average modern day mid-west hippy.

I used to think you had interesting and worthwhile things to say on many different various subjects, but lately you've evolved into an arrogant self overrated weak-sauce that not even medieval Europeans would put on their stale, molded beef steaks to mask the stank taste (see, I can crack unfunny jokes too, hehe, haha, LOL time, huh?)

The concept is entirely simple. I'm all for equal rights, etc... but "marriage" is and always has been defined as a man and a woman. Why does all that have to change b/c a sect of our society is all butt-hurt (LOL) over this?
    Social norms change and our views on human rights progress.

In the overwhelming majority of cultures throughout history, marriage was a very one-sided polygamic thing. Wives had one (living) husband, but a powerful man would have many wives. Women also tended to have very little choice in the whole "marriage" thing. A man saw what he liked and would simply take it. See how the "definition" of marriage has already changed completely from before?

The problem is that marriage in the United States is a state affair. And by allowing or not allowing two grown adults to marry based on their gender, the state enforces religious doctrine on it's citizens. Which is a bad thing in a country that supposedly holds freedom in a high regard. What you people are saying is that you like freedom, but only freedom for people who have the exact same opinions as you.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Social norms change and our views on human rights progress.

In the overwhelming majority of cultures throughout history, marriage was a very one-sided polygamic thing. Wives had one (living) husband, but a powerful man would have many wives. Women also tended to have very little choice in the whole "marriage" thing. A man saw what he liked and would simply take it. See how the "definition" of marriage has already changed completely from before?

The problem is that marriage in the United States is a state affair. And by allowing or not allowing two grown adults to marry based on their gender, the state enforces religious doctrine on it's citizens. Which is a bad thing in a country that supposedly holds freedom in a high regard. What you people are saying is that you like freedom, but only freedom for people who have the exact same opinions as you.
    I do not support polygamy. I think one man should love one woman, end of story. Speaking from a natural perspective, one man can still mate and reproduce with multiple women, be it right or wrong.

A single man and a single man still can not. It goes against nature, whereas one could make the argument nature has nothing to say that would frown upon a single man with multiple female partners, or even a single woman with multiple male partners... reproduction is still in bounds.

This is getting a little closer... but still apples and oranges. Interracial marriage can produce offspring. Multiple sex partners can produce offspring.

Same sex?