Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: How do you view other races?

I personally don't think there is any difference between people so much as there are differences between cultures.

Take somebody from one culture and raise them in another culture and they will turn out the same as the people from that culture usually.

I Don't hate anyone, I'm cool with everybody. If I don't like you, if for a personel reason not because the color of your skin or where you're from.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    I Don't hate anyone, I'm cool with everybody. If I don't like you, if for a personel reason not because the color of your skin or where you're from.

This

I was born into a Jewish family but there are plenty of Jews I've met who I can't stand.

Meanwhile, our next-door neighbors growing up were Iranian Muslims and we got along great; had dinner together, played with their kids, etc. I also had a close friend in high-school who happened to be of Palestinian Arab ethnicity. We never had any issues, and hung out all the time.

People are people, with good/nice and bad from all groups. Judging a people collectively is pretty much racism.

Blacks- funny animated dudes, more free spirited, tend to interact with their own, great athletes obviously. I like interacting with them on a casual social level, however since high school don't have any real close black friends. I also tend not to do any business with them. Don't really trust them based on shadiness or incompetence in past experiences.

Arabs- I like the khaliji, the gulf Arabs. They tend to exaggerate and boast like most Arabs, but they are honorable and trustworthy for the most part. Dislike morrocans, Algerians and Lebanese. They are loud, cowardly, and their word means very little.

Asians- quiet, respectful, hard, terrible humor. Man do they love to gamble. They stick very much to their own, but don't have a problem integrating themselves. I'm not attracted to their women, but overall have an easy time interacting with them.

Eastern Europeans- love their women. Their men are pretty damn crazy. Love to party and cause shiit. Even the educated ones can be pretty fukked up lol

White Americans- very friendly, social, outspoken people. They feel at home wherever they are. Some are very naive and hard headed in their views. Their educated people are very well spoken. I enjoy interacting with these people alot, incredibly hospitable and helpful. Don't like their variation of the drunk club goer, loud and incredibly obnoxious. The women are usually easy but I find eastern Europeans much sexier and sensual.

Latin Americans- incredibly friendly and warm people. Alot of my women friends are latinas. Love their women, fiery, hot and sensual like the weather of their land. Naturally in a good mood, and always up to party, they can be incredibly loud in groups and are also quick to get heated. My experience is mostly limited by the few who live in Canada as well as my vacations to Mexico, Cuba, Bahamas and the domicana

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    I'm not a collectivist. I treat people as individuals first, always have, always will.
    This! Every race has it's good people and it's a**holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
    This! Every race has it's good people and it's a**holes.
    For sure, and I've always said this in the past. However, the more you interact with the same types of people, the more you notice a trend. I would be lying of I were to say that my brain doesn't conjure a certain bias when presented with a specific race. But the individual will always surprise you and has to be considered as its own entity.

people are different on soo many levels that I think it not possible to base views simply on race..

Black people in the northeast corridor of the country have a different culture than black people in the south or black people on the west coast.

Same with whites.. White people in Philly/NY/DC down to virginia seem to be similar, but in the south they are different.. They speak different and interact differently with others

Asians too.. I see alot of Asians who are intelligent on say, Penn University Campus, and fit the stereotype of the "model minority", but that doesnt account for the many more Asians I see who live in poverty in South Philly. The two seem world's apart and the way they interact with people is wildly different in comparison.

Then, like someone mentioned earlier it goes to each person. I usually try to hang my hat on the best of each culture.

Each group, each culture has an important story to tell from their perspective, and I like to learn about the wide range of perspectives that forms these groups..

This simplistic and naive way of trying to distinct a humans ethnic, geographical, cultural or even religious affiliation by RACE seriously needs to stop.... race has no taxonomic significance to humans at all, all living humans belong to the same race, Homo sapiens.....

I know we humans are lonely in the universe so far (from what we know) as in we dont know of any real intelligent alien beings out there which we can truly say is a different RACE and hence finally maybe feel assimilation with all other humans... but this desperate racial classification of humans comes to serve as a way of naturalizing social and cultural stereotypes about racial groups and assimilation and non-assimilation, in turn justifying or motivating different forms of racism, loathing and even war etc. against eachother.......

Hell, this happens even amongst the same "race" in many places on earth, for example do you know here in Europe many are nationalists/racists against any other Europeans (even though they all are white) simply because they dont speak the same language and are not from the same country or maybe have different religion??

So, no i cant give you my view on the other "races" (unless you are talking about animals, aliens i havent met), but thats how i view the human race.........

But to try and answer you anyways all i can say is that all humans i have met in my life were all different, all had their own mind/thoughts/behaviour.... just because some humans were born on the same spot on earth or look kindof similar in colors doesnt mean their minds are universally applicable... I am with L.Kizzle on this one i guess...

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Blacks- Into hiphop and rap big time, very loud, some are reallllll lazy and I hate the ghetto ones who make a big scene about everything.

Whites- very politically correct, scared when it comes to discussing about race, very fake, materialistic, educated, some of them act like zombies, respectful in most cases

Asians- Shy, hardworking, smart and very independent. I do like asian girls but I do notice asians have bad breath for some reason

Aaaaaand this is what keeps racism alive.

For the most i have no problems with everyone except for gypsy. I hate that scum.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Judging people by their race, creed, culture, appearance, etc do not make sense bro.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

To me - the word "race" is an umbrella term that has lost almost all meaning. It's less important than all other forms of classification. You can't generalize at all along racial terms.

I will say this though - playing basketball with black dues is more fun

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

One Planet...One People....please.

5-time NBA All-Star

Problem with a lot of anti race rhetoric though are that people with an analytical brain often pick up on trends as a pattern and that's not an incorrect way of thinking its how many fields of science have accumulated knowledge and opponents of those who generalize will have u believe personal anecdotes and isolatedincidents pack stronger truth than generalizations