Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Metta World Peace on the Trade Block; What can LA get for him?

Anderson Varejao for Ron Artest, Luke Walton and the Dal 2012 1st, LAL 2012 1st, 2014 1st, 2016 1st, and 2018 1st. All unprotected of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    I'd rather have a 1st round pick than Ron Artest. The Wolves need to pursue a center at this point.
    You'll get 2 in that deal.

Why the complaints?

Really? Ridnour is a decent starting pg in the league and a great backup and Beasley was close to being a 20 ppg scorer last year, and you expect to get both of them for a 33 year old SF? Why not throw in Gasol and include Love and Rubio while youre at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    A pound of sausages and a pair of used underwear. That would be a bit unrealistic though because no team would offer such a biased trade to the Lakers.....
    Do you always have sausages and used underwear on your mind?

Metta World Amnesty Clause

On his current contract I don't think any team touches him without some form of an asset (which LA won't give up), that being said if he were to be amnestied, I think a lot of teams would like him on a cheap contract.

Not airballing my layups anymore

AARON BROOK~

bag of cheetos

Practically any PG would be better than DFish at this point. That's no disrespect to Fisher because I love the guy for his commitment to the team (have you ever heard of him starting or finishing a season out of shape? Nope!), but he's gotten up there in age. He can't stick with the young guys, like DRose, DWill, CP3, etc., or even some of the older PGs, like Nash, JKidd, & Billups.
    I think DFish can still be a pretty effective role player, but his starting days are up. We need some young legs with decent to superb passing and dribbling skills, who can easily set up Kobe at the perimeter or pass the ball down low to Bynum and/or Gasol.

If getting rid of Metta is the way to do it, so be it. I like Metta because he's a classy dude, but he's not the same guy who was arguably the best defender in the league a few years ago.

Banned

Yes please!! I want Beasley playing for a team like the Lakers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Lakers: Michael Beasley, Luke Ridnour
    T'Wolves: Metta World Peace, Devin Ebanks, 2012 Mavericks 1st Round Pick, 2013 Lakers 1st Round Pick
    Now that I think about it, that is a pretty good trade. Beasley has no future in Minny, and they would get two (!) first round picks to take on Artest's bad contract.

For the Lakers, this would be a great deal as well. Beasley could come off the bench to give them some sorely needed bench scoring (lol @ 4 points in the CLE game), and Ridnour would finally give them a halfway competent PG who has more positive traits than merely "has a pulse".

I think what we can all agree on at least is: Ron Artest is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Really? Ridnour is a decent starting pg in the league and a great backup
    Thats nice and all but hes getting most of his minutes at SG right now in Minnesota.

Rubio holds the key to their future at PG and Barea will get his backup minutes and minutes at SG once hes healthy.

What happens to Ridnour? You're stuck paying him for 3 more years at a position you don't have a need at.

If you can move a 31 year old backup PG and get back a 1st Rounder then its a great deal. His potential trade value's only going to decrease as he gets less playing time.

and Beasley was close to being a 20 ppg scorer last year
    And then Minnesota drafted SF/PF Derrick Williams with the #2 overall pick and hired Rick Adelman to be their HC in an attempt to improve. Beasley's 20 PPG was on a team that was tanking and then he didnt alleviate character issues with his incidents off the court this offseason.

Beasley so far:
    12.9 PPG on 39%FG

I like Michael Beasley, but he has no future in Minnesota.

They essentially got him for nothing so to pretend as if hes a building block of their future or some important asset is silly.

Chances are they may not even give him his $8 Million Qualifying Option so he can be a Restricted Free Agent.

When they do trade him they're not getting anything but 1 late 1st Round Pick if they're lucky because Beasley's value is shit around the league. Thats why Minnesota swooped in and got him for a future 2nd rounder.

What you're ignoring in my trade scenario is that Minnesota gets back 2 1st Round Picks(Dallas' 1st Rounder in 2012, and LA's 1st Rounder in 2013).

So how does Minnesota get screwed?

Because they're picking up MWP and moving 2 players they dont need for 2 future 1st Round Picks? The only reason why I suggested this move is because of his experience being coached by Adelman and having success. If it doesn't work then they can work on a buy-out of the 2 remaining years he has left.
    Last edited by Rowe; 01-14-2012 at 11:59 PM.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    You'll get 2 in that deal.

Why the complaints?
    See you in February if Beasley is still sucking ass.

this is hard to watch

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAssassin
    Yes please!! I want Beasley playing for a team like the Lakers!!!

The Heat shouldn't have traded him to the Wolves. I'd take a healthy Beasley over Mike Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    The Heat shouldn't have traded him to the Wolves. I'd take a healthy Beasley over Mike Miller.
    Agreed.

But I think Wade forced Riley's hand on that deal because he never seemed to embrace Beasley or try to take him under his wing.