Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Needs a bump.

My second yr with NJ, new rosters, draft class

PG: D-Will/Farmer/Vujacic
    SG: Affallo/Bellini/Vujacic
    SF: Gallo/Battier/Morrow
    PF: Sullinger/Wright
    C: Lopez/Plumlee

I basically traded Dominque James and like 2 1st rounders for Gallo(one future)
    I drafted Sullinger with my 1st overall pick
    Signed Affallo and Battier to good contracts. Both are great players.. Battier lock down defender and Affallo is a good defender who's extremely sufficicent.

My team is beasting right now.. Good mix of everyting, balanced, good shooting, good size. And I have a nice bench mob.

I'm nearing the finish of my season, wondering what the draft is like, who went First overall? i have the imported class from NBADraft.net.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    I'm nearing the finish of my season, wondering what the draft is like, who went First overall? i have the imported class from NBADraft.net.
    Assuming the player ratings for the incoming draft class are relatively accurate, I too am quite curious as to not only who was the first pick, but how the draft ended up playing out.

PG-D-Will/Farmar
    SG-Courtney Lee/Morrow
    SF-Tayshaun Prince/Outlaw/Rookie
    PF-Bosh/Tyler Hansbrough/Rookie
    C-D.Jordan/Rookie

Need more depth at the center position and im still trying to get rid of Outlaw. But a Great starting 5. Bench is not that bad Morrow good scoring shooter. Farmar great when you need a quick 3. Hansbrough is a great player and should be starting but Bosh is better. And these rookies suck so I rotate the C position with Jordan and Bosh sometimes.

I am with the Bucks and this what I have from my starting 5

Jennings (88)
    Redd(75)/Salmons(79)/Childress(72)
    Carmelo(I don't remember got him for the FA)
    Gooden(Don't remember, like 68? He's a beast in this game from some reason)
    Bogut(I don't know his rating but he sucks in this game)
    Bench
    Maggette
    Dooling
    Dalembert
    Scrubs...

Learning to shoot layups

My goal is to make the Charlotte Bobcats into contenders. This basicly resulted in shipping many key players out and starting over from scratch as the current system doesn't work

Current Roster

PG: Stephen Curry, Daniel Gibson

SG: Gerald Henderson, Kelenna Azubukie, Anthony Parker, Kyle Korver

SF: Al-Faruq Aminu,

PF: Serge Ibaka, Eduardo Najara

C: Joel Pryzbilla, Solomon Alabi, Anjinca?

This team is heavily dependent on the 3. We literally live and die by the three. However, Curry is good enough to dish the ball to get it inside if he can't hit threes so that helps.

Been without Ibaka for 2 weeks so I had to move Aminu to the PF and rotate guys in for stretches based on need for size from time to time. Still yet to lose sitting at 8-0 right now. However, living by the 3 results in blowing one team out by 30 one night, and going to OT and edging a team by a few points.

Overall its a really fun and really young team. We're 17.6 Mill under the salary cap and will have 30 mill to use over the off season with the core of the starters and scorers all returning. Also have one pick in the draft, 1st round from the Trail Blazers. This team is going places in a hurry!

What do you guys think of this team?

Banned

I started a new Association with the Trailblazers. They are really a deep team especially after the Gerald Wallace trade.

I made a trade to dump Andre Miller and get D.J. Augustin, a player I think has a lot of potential and I love his game and he really fits with what I'm trying to do with this team.

Brandon Roy is an absolute beast in this game. There isn't anything he can't do. He can score inside and out, he can handle the ball well, and he can defend.

Gerald Wallace is a great defender/rebounder and a great 3rd option. He is so athletic and great at getting to the line. He has underrated range also.

LaMarcus Aldridge is a great 1b option and a beast down low. He can take a lot of bigs off the dribble and he is automatic from 18ft and in with his sweet, quick jumper. Great free throw shooter as well. His post defense could use a little work but he has so much upside.

Greg Oden is young and injury prone but when healthy is an absolute BEAST. There is hardly anyone that can stop him on the low block. He doesn't have a refined post game, but his sheer size and strength make up for it. And his best quality is his defense which is stellar. Great shot blocker and post defender.

This is my team:

D.J. Augustin/Patrick Mills/Armon Johnson
    Brandon Roy/Wesley Matthews/Rudy Fernandez
    Gerald Wallace/Luke Babbit
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Greg Oden/Desanga Diop/Jarron Collins

I had to let Camby and Batum go because they didn't want to come off of the bench. It sucks because I really like Batum

This team has great shooters. We don't live by the 3, but we can really stroke it when we need to. Matthews is a great spark off of the bench as a Sixth Man. There was even one game where he had 28 points off of the bench in only 28 minutes when no one else on our team could make any shots. LaMarcus Aldridge and Brandon Roy are my 1a/1b. I usually go to Aldridge early and let Roy take over in the 3rd and close teams out. I just love how balanced this team is and how we get contributions from everywhere. Anyone can have a 20+ point game. After coming back from injury, D.J. Augustin had a 29 point game We are currently 10-1 because we lost to the Celtics

Banned

Ay Dukeblue4life, 8-0 is a pretty good record with that, considered changing difficulty? Anyway decent team to build a future with, would try and steal a draft pick more though.

That portland team is good and will beast in years to come, Aldridge was one of my favourite PF's when i played with him and Patty Mills can catch fire from range off the bench.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    Ay Dukeblue4life, 8-0 is a pretty good record with that, considered changing difficulty? Anyway decent team to build a future with, would try and steal a draft pick more though.

That portland team is good and will beast in years to come, Aldridge was one of my favourite PF's when i played with him and Patty Mills can catch fire from range off the bench.
    Yeah it's a really good, young team with a lot of upside. La is such a great player and great finisher down low and a really well rounded PF. And Patty Mills can get hot quickly. One time he came in and hit 4 threes in like 5 minutes He could be a little more consistent but he's a really good backup. He did really well when Augustin went out with back spasms

Learning to shoot layups

You won't believe it but it is HOF difficulty. The record could very easily be 5-3 because the I rallied on a 10-2 run to force OT against the Pacers( awful game, steff started like 1-12) then beat the Heat on a last second shot by Ibaka cutting to the basket in a game where we couldn't miss. I forget the other game that was close but we only won by 4. Had we not been home it may have turned out different.

My defense really is the difference. When you time the shot block right you can throw guys off and get them cold. When you have Serge Ibaka who is finally healthy, and Aminu down low, then you can throw shots and get gaurds icy to where they won't hit. This team has surprisingly good defense.

And to the Trailblazers association, I am a huge Bobcats fan( lol sad but true ) and DJ and Crash are my two favorite players. I was crushed when they traded Crash. Killed our playoff hopes right there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue4life
    You won't believe it but it is HOF difficulty. The record could very easily be 5-3 because the I rallied on a 10-2 run to force OT against the Pacers( awful game, steff started like 1-12) then beat the Heat on a last second shot by Ibaka cutting to the basket in a game where we couldn't miss. I forget the other game that was close but we only won by 4. Had we not been home it may have turned out different.

My defense really is the difference. When you time the shot block right you can throw guys off and get them cold. When you have Serge Ibaka who is finally healthy, and Aminu down low, then you can throw shots and get gaurds icy to where they won't hit. This team has surprisingly good defense.

And to the Trailblazers association, I am a huge Bobcats fan( lol sad but true ) and DJ and Crash are my two favorite players. I was crushed when they traded Crash. Killed our playoff hopes right there.
    Same here. I get such good games on HOF difficulty in this association. The defense really is the key. Most of the wins I have had have been blowouts. A few have been close. You just shut the other team down and pound it inside and the buckets will come. Plus having a team full of shooters with two 7ft-ers down low makes it a little easier

But I get realistic games for the most part. Of course the CPU still cheats to score and win games, but it's expected. I don't feel like I lose directly because of cheating. The only game I felt slightly cheated in was in the game I lost against the Hawks in OT. We were tied at 108 and Joe Johnson missed a jumper. There was about 4 seconds left so I sprinted up the floor with Roy and pulled up for a WIDE OPEN mid range shot. It missed wide right

I felt I was cheated there cuz Roy had been stroking it all game but we went to overtime so I still had a chance to win. When we get in overtime, the Hawks don't miss a shot. I'm contesting EVERYTHING. Hinrich is hitting contested 3's in traffic. Horford hitting jumpers with Greg Oden in his face. Crawford hitting fadeaway 3's with Brandon Roy in his face. Meanwhile, we can't buy a bucket. I'm getting very good looks with perfect releases and missing shots I was making all game. I swear they had more points in overtime than they did in the 4th quarter

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Same here. I get such good games on HOF difficulty in this association. The defense really is the key. Most of the wins I have had have been blowouts. A few have been close. You just shut the other team down and pound it inside and the buckets will come. Plus having a team full of shooters with two 7ft-ers down low makes it a little easier

But I get realistic games for the most part. Of course the CPU still cheats to score and win games, but it's expected. I don't feel like I lose directly because of cheating. The only game I felt slightly cheated in was in the game I lost against the Hawks in OT. We were tied at 108 and Joe Johnson missed a jumper. There was about 4 seconds left so I sprinted up the floor with Roy and pulled up for a WIDE OPEN mid range shot. It missed wide right

I felt I was cheated there cuz Roy had been stroking it all game but we went to overtime so I still had a chance to win. When we get in overtime, the Hawks don't miss a shot. I'm contesting EVERYTHING. Hinrich is hitting contested 3's in traffic. Horford hitting jumpers with Greg Oden in his face. Crawford hitting fadeaway 3's with Brandon Roy in his face. Meanwhile, we can't buy a bucket. I'm getting very good looks with perfect releases and missing shots I was making all game. I swear they had more points in overtime than they did in the 4th quarter
    I agree. HOF is the only way to play because the defense is the most realistic. Other levels let you take silly ill-advised shots and let you score a lot. In HOF mode, you have to work to set guys up for shots or you will have a brick fest and 10 points at half time.

The big thing is, you have to work to finish off an opponent so that the lead is big enough to be maintained. If you keep it too close then the other team starts becoming super human and making crazy shots. Plus you have to let your star take clutch shots late in the game or your guys will choke under the pressure. Its a real realistic game overall. I love association mode.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue4life
    I agree. HOF is the only way to play because the defense is the most realistic. Other levels let you take silly ill-advised shots and let you score a lot. In HOF mode, you have to work to set guys up for shots or you will have a brick fest and 10 points at half time.

The big thing is, you have to work to finish off an opponent so that the lead is big enough to be maintained. If you keep it too close then the other team starts becoming super human and making crazy shots. Plus you have to let your star take clutch shots late in the game or your guys will choke under the pressure. Its a real realistic game overall. I love association mode.
    Yeah Association mode is great. I just love my team. We have no weaknesses. Now My Player on HOF is a whole different story You can only control one guy so you can only do so much about the cheating. I can only play on All-Star on My Player.

One thing I don't like about Association mode though is how the CPU tries to low ball you in trades. Sometimes they ask for too much in return for just one player that's not even a star. I know rebuilding teams will be more aggressive in their trade demands but even championship teams will demand too much in a trade and try to rip you off.

Banned

All this talk of association mode made me want to make a new one

Picked a random team and came up with the Kings, decided i didn't like some of their lineup and made some quick changes.. New lineup is..

Flynn
    'Reke
    Mike Miller
    K-Love
    DeMarcus Cousins

Udonis Haslem
    Casspi
    Jeter
    Krstic

So the starting lineup is alright but the rest is average, anyway had fun playing the first game and am very impressed by DMC and Flynn. Reke had an ugly game but i think i'll find his niche' or spot in the team as i play along

Learning to shoot layups

All this talk of association mode made me want to make a new one

Picked a random team and came up with the Kings, decided i didn't like some of their lineup and made some quick changes.. New lineup is..

Flynn
    'Reke
    Mike Miller
    K-Love
    DeMarcus Cousins

Udonis Haslem
    Casspi
    Jeter
    Krstic

So the starting lineup is alright but the rest is average, anyway had fun playing the first game and am very impressed by DMC and Flynn. Reke had an ugly game but i think i'll find his niche' or spot in the team as i play along

I like this team overall. I bet playing with a back court of Reke and Flynn is fun. A lot of speed there. You also have some perimeter game with K-Love and Flynn. The bench isn't great but still solid. Haslem off the bench is nice for foul trouble possibilities. I always liked playing with Casspi too.

Whats your pick situation? How many and what rounds? What about cap space for building the team up in the future.

Great team, whats your record?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Yeah Association mode is great. I just love my team. We have no weaknesses. Now My Player on HOF is a whole different story You can only control one guy so you can only do so much about the cheating. I can only play on All-Star on My Player.

One thing I don't like about Association mode though is how the CPU tries to low ball you in trades. Sometimes they ask for too much in return for just one player that's not even a star. I know rebuilding teams will be more aggressive in their trade demands but even championship teams will demand too much in a trade and try to rip you off.

Definitely. They also rob you of picks even when their player is worse then the one you are trading. They still want a first round pick and it makes no sense. I am careful to hold onto picks or offer later round picks or ones in the future.

As for my season I finally lost today to an 11-2 Suns team

I got off to a slow start and found myself down 19-9 in the first quarter with everyone out of rhythm. I held my own in the second quarter but was still down by a bunch. The team really stepped up in the second half and finally tied it up with one minute to go. We had an awful possession after a great defensive stop and then I blew it coming off a screen and gave Hill an open 3. Korver missed a potentially tying 3 with 1 second left off the inbound and lost. Now 12-1 so still great.

I love this game, its so realistic and guys step up when they are needed. Its just like it is in real life.