Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    I rep Lakers!

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    3-5 years? this lakers core is not contending in 5 years. they will be way too old.
    Your right 3 or 4.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Default Re: Serge Ibaka has reached agreement on a four-year, 48 million contract extension

btw: whenever a center is signed, i swear ISH has the same debate of overpaid or not.

when hibbert is signed, pacer fans think its great, everyone else says overpaid.

when mcgee was signed, nugget fans think its great, everyone else says overpaid.

when lopez was signed, brooklyn fans think its great, everyone else says overpaid.

same with chandler (knick fans), jordan (clipper fans) and now ibaka (thunder fans).

no matter what, whenever a big is signed, he is overpaid in the minds of everyone but the fans of that team.

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Your right 3 or 4.
    3 maybe. 4 is stretching it. how old will kobe, nash and gasol be by then.

im not saying they wont be good but contend? doubtful.

I rep Lakers!

3-5 years? this lakers core is not contending in 5 years. they will be way too old.
    You're right 4 years max

You're right 4 years max
    did you just reply twice?

Magic Johnson

sounds about right. with the way the nba is going i wouldn't be surprised if ibaka is eventually moved to center, and given what most nba centers make 12 million a year is damn good for a player of ibaka's stature.

I rep Lakers!

did you just reply twice?
    Yeah my computer was lagging...

I don't even know why Im going at it like this with Thunder fans but if their FO was smart they wouldn't make Ibaka/Harden/Durant/Westbrook their core. And yes a core of four young players has never won a ring which is why people were making such a big deal about them this year.
    Man, you just keep topping yourself with the ignorant responses. And you're missing the point. Believe it or not, but Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Harden are going to get older. They aren't going to stay 22 and 23 forever. So, you lock them all up for another 5 years or so, and they won't be "young" anymore. Never mind the fact that this young core just made the NBA Finals.

A core of Westbrook/Durant/ & another high priced slightly older player (like Aldridge, Josh Smith, etc) +other pieces would take them further. They can get what Ibaka & Harden brings to the table for much cheaper. I don't even feel like Im arguing Im just stating facts.
    And then what? They try and package a young and still improving Harden and Ibaka for someone like Aldridge and, for the next year or two they may be better, but what about 3-5 years down the line? They do that, then they also lose their only scoring threat off the bench and a 22 year old that just made his first All-Defense team.

Yes, you're stating "facts" but you're not looking at the big picture when it comes to the Thunder. Yet, somehow, you have yourself convinced an already old Lakers team is going to contend for another 4 years.

And yes this Lakers team is built to contend for the next 3 or 4yrs. Like I said, you guys can try to downplay us all you want but we are the best team in the league. Its funny how you guys are saying that PROVEN battle tested players like Nash/Kobe/Artest/Gasol/Dwight need to play a game before you believe the hype ..... barring injury I have no doubt we will win the ring...
    And I'll ask again; how do you know these Lakers are the best team in the league? What evidence and facts do you have to back that statement up? Do you have a time machine? Have gone to June of 2013 and know they're going to win the championship? Because saying they're the best team in the league without even seeing them play one game together is just stupid.

Just because four veteran and battle tested players have proven themselves apart from each other doesn't mean it'll work when they all come together. Do you even understand how basketball works?

But the Lakers are beside the point it's just that you Thunder fans seem to think that it will be a cake walk to the Finals every year. Do you guys seriously think Ibaka/Durant/Westbrook/ & MAYBE HARDEN will be enough to win rings? And if at the end of all these contracts you think the Thunder will have enough to sign them all back to bigger deals and convince them to stay for even more despite coming up short!
    No, Thunder fans don't think it'll be a cakewalk to the Finals every year. We're just making outlandish statements to counter the outlandish Laker fan claims saying they're the best team in the league without seeing them play even one game together.

And why shouldn't we think that core of four players can't win a ring? They just made the Finals at 22 and 23 years old. If they continue their current progression, then it's just silly to think they can't win a championship together. What teams, 2-4 years from now, will have a better "Big 4"? You're acting like a core of Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka isn't anything special. One is the second best player in the league, one is a top 5-10 player, another is the best 6th man and 16/4/4 third option, and the other is a rim protecting big with an ever improving offensive game.

As for this Lakers team contending for another FOUR years....how in the world do you think that's reasonable? I've already pointed out how old they'll be in three years, but here's where they'll be in four years if they still have Kobe/Dwight/Gasol/Nash.

Kobe - At the start of the 2015-2016 season he will be 37 years old and entering his 20th season.

Nash - He would turn 42 during the 2015-2016 season and be in his 20th season.

Gasol - He will be 36 and entering his 15th season in 2015-2016.

So you really think a core that old will still be contending in 2015-2016? You honestly believe that?

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Most Laker fans will believe anything their dimwitted minds want then to believe, regardless of facts.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Most Laker fans will believe anything their dimwitted minds want then to believe, regardless of facts.
    This WeGetRing guy has to be trolling. No way he's really that stupid.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I used to think that, but through life I've learnt that, yes, people really can be that stupid.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

I dunno, I could see a team with those players + Dwight contending.

But they'd need to improve around them

Not that far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    I dunno, I could see a team with those players + Dwight contending.

But they'd need to improve around them

Not that far fetched.
    Key word is contending, no one denies that.
    Some Laker fanboys are acting like its all locked up.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Meh, 3rd best in the west and 5th in the league overall IMO.

They have alot of structural shit to figure out, i'd say 2014 is their best chance for a chip.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Who knows.

This Laker team will only be serious contenders for 2 years. After that, no one knows, as Kobe and Pau will be old and free agents. Who do the Lakers get to build around Dwight? That is a great unknown, and for any Laker fan to even muster up the ignorance to make a statement like "they'll be contending 3-5 years," knowing that...well. That just tells me he is just talking out his ass.

Lakers have a similar window that the 08 Celtics had.