Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Russell Westbrook benched during Game 2 of Thunder-Mavs WCF!

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Where do you get your inside information?

Your post is illogical.

He was already being taken out when Brooks told him to pass and he snapped on him so how do you know the comment is what kept RW on the bench?

Please dont tell me you believe in what is said at press conferences.

He was pulled out at his normal time. Brooks has basically never deviated from his rotation before. And no, I don't believe what was said at the press conference.

Obviously he was doing something wrong within the parameters of the offense unless you think Brooks is just picking on him.

No, I think Russ said something pretty freaking bad to Brooks and Brooks benched him for it. Nothing else would even come close to making sense.

Coach Brooks did the right thing.
    Westbrook can play fantastic, like Game 7 of the Memphis series - absolutely fantastic, and then he plays like garbage, like last night.

Theres no need for such overreaction. Steve Nash was benched for the 4th quarter when Dragic had a breakout game, so Dragic > Nash or the Suns played better without Nash?

Quote Originally Posted by liquidrage
    No, I think Russ said something pretty freaking bad to Brooks and Brooks benched him for it. Nothing else would even come close to making sense.

Him not passing when he should and Maynor sticking to the plan which resulted in RW getting benched doesn't make sense?

If Russ was killing in the parameters of the offense I'm sure some coarse words wouldn't get him benched.

Local High School Star

Him not passing when he should and Maynor sticking to the plan which resulted in RW getting benched doesn't make sense?

If Russ was killing in the parameters of the offense I'm sure some coarse words wouldn't get him benched.
    Did you watch the entire game, or just the person with the ball? Durant continuously struggled to get separation during the 2nd and 3rd quarters last night.

Banned

Come back to reality, Westbrick. OKC revolves around Durant, not you.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Westbrook made a play call that his teammates failed to run properly. When the play broke down, Westbrook made a one-on-one move that resulted in a turnover.

Thunder head coach Scott Brooks promptly took Westbrook, who had four turnovers, out of the game. Brooks slapped the all-star point guard on his backside as he walked by him. Westbrook turned around and glared at the court. Then, when Brooks walked toward him and made a comment, Westbrook yelled, "I'm trying to run the [expletive] play, man."

Westbrook continued yelling on the bench for roughly a minute -- saying "tell them to run the [expletive] play," according to the source -- sparking assistant coach Maurice Cheeks to console him while the game was going on.

His teammates and other members of the organization know he's volatile and prone to getting angry, but it typically dissipates quickly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=6569847
    Last edited by Ancient Legend; 05-20-2011 at 02:58 PM.

See the above post. Something similar was leaked last night as well.

Brooks wasn't pissed at Russ when he came off the court, it was his normal sub time. It was what Russ did after he came off that got him benched. Brooks isn't going to throw him under a bus though so he did the "maynor" was hot during the press conference. Maynor was OK. It was Harden and Durant that went off. PG was basically irrelevant.

It seems Westbrook handled the press pretty damn well all things considered. We all know he wasn't happy not playing in the 4th, and really, any player of his caliber, who wouldn't be? It was the right decision, but the entire thing could have easily backfired in Brooks' face. Thank God it didn't! Go Thunder!

Not airballing my layups anymore alfonsito123's Avatar

Default Re: LOL @ Westbrook getting benched

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    Good things are happening when Maynor is on the floor instead of Westbrook.

All Westbrook does on the floor are to ballhog, jack ups questionable shot selection and wasting their shotclocks by keep on dribbling and dribbling until he turns the ball over.

I hope they keep him on the bench until he realize that basketball isn't all about dribbling and nba is not an and1 street ball competition.
    I agree!

Not airballing my layups anymore alfonsito123's Avatar

They should start maynor or give him more minutes if westbrook continues to struggle. in game 1, he struggled to his shots. in game 2, he struggled by his turnovers. i think westbrook is more of a SG than a PG. would you agree?

Magic Johnson

They shouldn't start Maynor. Hell, they shouldn't give him more than 15-20 minutes unless he's playing absolutely flawless basketball. Did you see the end of the 4th quarter? There's a reason he's a backup.

People are overreacting to this. Westbrook only had 4 TO's and was 7-15.

Quote Originally Posted by alfonsito123
    They should start maynor or give him more minutes if westbrook continues to struggle. in game 1, he struggled to his shots. in game 2, he struggled by his turnovers. i think westbrook is more of a SG than a PG. would you agree?
    That's a fair assessment. Someone earlier mentioned the AI comparison. Westbrook's passing game is starting PG material, but he obviously looks more comfortable in the SG position.

He reminds me of Areans in that he'll be in-and-out of the superstar all-star superstar all-star merry-go-round.