Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Lebron just lost major points in my book (and got owned).

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    WTF does this have to do with his comments about Marbury's shoes?
    LOL, I'm asking myself the same thing after reading that.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer10
    Oh, he"ll definitely be a HOF.

The thing is that I bought the hype and thought he'd be like MJ and Magic.But then again, I didn't watch many games at the time and I just looked at stats which looked impressive.

Now that I see him play I don't feel like I'm watching such a great player.
    Maybe that's just me but he isn't nearly as skilled offensively as T Mac was in Orlando.

I don't like his mid range game. Doesn't seem so skilled. Even his passing isn't all that. Seems to me that he only scores off of 3 pointers and driving to the basket.

Just doesn't look gracious at all.

But then again, his stats are great, his team is consistantly good...more power to him..

Just saying that I was so much more impressed when I actually didn't watch him play.
    that is just dumb...

someone said he is going to be the next Jordan and you believed it...

no one will ever be the next Jordan...

not Kobe....not Lebron...not anyone....Jordan is Jordan

in fact this may sound stupid but one of my gripes with Lebron is that he wears the number 23...

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon
    I didn't expect anything less from some ghetto punk who calls himself "King" and has "chosen 1" inked across his back. I'm a "WITNESS" to the one of the biggest, most arrogant jerks in all of professional sports. He could learn a thing or two from Marbury.
    FIRST OFF...

I don't like Lebron but do we know if he said this in a joking manner or not?

I doubt he was being totally straight faced and serious about it...

he probablly had a big smile on his face...

Who care if Bron is a future Hall of Famer or not.

I think this is a real important statement somebody made, especially somebody young, rich and black. I guess Bill Cosby was right all this time. Some famous black man just said he would never wear something cheap.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

As the top athlete for Nike NBA and a business man himself, he said the right thing by endorsing the company he works for. That's his job, to get people to buy the sponsorships' products.

Of course he could have said something a little less arrogant like, "I think its great what Marbury is doing and I wish him well".

Then we'll have a new thread saying "Bron acts Humble, again! He's so phony, just speak the truth"

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

About as much as this:

LeBron's losing points in my book because I really wanted him to become something special and all time great..but I think I'm slowly starting to see that he's not as good as I thought he was.
    Which is what I was talking about.

Oh, he"ll definitely be a HOF.

The thing is that I bought the hype and thought he'd be like MJ and Magic.
    But then again, I didn't watch many games at the time and I just looked at stats which looked impressive.

Now that I see him play I don't feel like I'm watching such a great player.
    Maybe that's just me but he isn't nearly as skilled offensively as T Mac was in Orlando.

I don't like his mid range game. Doesn't seem so skilled. Even his passing isn't all that. Seems to me that he only scores off of 3 pointers and driving to the basket.

Just doesn't look gracious at all.
    Jordan and Magic combined is a bit much for anyone to live up to. What would that even be? Like a 33/12/9 player shooting 50-55% and winning 7 titles?

He is what he is. Being a 27/7/7 player at 19....then a 30/7/7 player at 20 and second in MVP voting. Great year this year. And its not like he doesnt win. On pace for back to back 50 win seasons.

Hes doing way better than anyone here predicted before he got to the L. I remember people calling me an idiot for saying hed get between 13-15ppg and 5 rebounds and assists as a rookie. People caught up in summer league and preseason shooting percentages. The only people I heard predicting what he is now is media types like Kornheiser on PTI who we all considered dumb for saying Bron would bea 20ppg rookie and all time great by 21.

Hes actually surpassed most expectations. Hes just not reached the truly insane ones yet.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Um Brons and Starburs shoes are probally made in the same damn place with the same material.
    lol you got it...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    that is just dumb...

someone said he is going to be the next Jordan and you believed it...

no one will ever be the next Jordan...

not Kobe....not Lebron...not anyone....Jordan is Jordan

in fact this may sound stupid but one of my gripes with Lebron is that he wears the number 23...

Someone said did????

Where did you live? Under a rock?

Let me remind you a bit

And that's only 1 % of everything. Read some articles or something.

And yes, I did buy into hype.

The thing is, like I said, I had little opportunity to watch him play, like a few games in 3 years.
    And just from watching his stats, I saw a monster who at 22 averaged over 30 points and 7 assists.. At 21 he averaged 21 points and 7 assists..

So I thought to myself, MJ's scoring ability and Magic's passing ability?

You won't believe the things that people will believe if they don't in fact watch games.
    Last 2 years I was 100 % sure that he was better than Kobe.

But when you actually watch games...blah..it's different.

Has very little grace. Doesn't make plays that make you go WOOOW.
    Not that special, not gracious at all.

Doesn't mean that he's not a great player but when I watch him play I don't see the best player in the league. Sorry but no.
    And last 2 years I thought he was the best.

College superstar

If you put an aftermarket insole like a Spenco in the Starbury's, they're not the worst shoe ever. They're still stiff and were superglued together and the leather doesn't flex, but they're about on par with Reeboks or some of the cheap Nikes like Nike Air Ups that MSRP for 64.99, even though the basic "air" and hexalyte cushioning techs totally ***** on what is literally styrofoam underneath the Starbury insoles.

There's a market for both though and I really admire what Marbury is trying to do here. If you go to Steve and Barry's in the section where they sell them, they have an everplaying DVD of him going around Coney Island and talking about them.

The clothes are hot too, I got a few items

They might be made in the same place, but they're not the same materials. Unless you want to be very basic and say LeBron's have leather on them, Starbury's have leather on them so they're the same.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    lol you got it...
    they might be the same materials and made in the same country but Nikes are higher quality...

maybe not $135 worth of higher quality but if I had to pick one give me the Nikes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    About as much as this:

Which is what I was talking about.

Jordan and Magic combined is a bit much for anyone to live up to. What would that even be? Like a 33/12/9 player shooting 50-55% and winning 7 titles?

He is what he is. Being a 27/7/7 player at 19....then a 30/7/7 player at 20 and second in MVP voting. Great year this year. And its not like he doesnt win. On pace for back to back 50 win seasons.

Hes doing way better than anyone here predicted before he got to the L. I remember people calling me an idiot for saying hed get between 13-15ppg and 5 rebounds and assists as a rookie. People caught up in summer league and preseason shooting percentages. The only people I heard predicting what he is now is media types like Kornheiser on PTI who we all considered dumb for saying Bron would bea 20ppg rookie and all time great by 21.

Hes actually surpassed most expectations. Hes just not reached the truly insane ones yet.

That's exactly it. You bring up his stats. His stats are what made me think that he's the best.

But when I watch him play I just don't get the same impresion. I'm not impressed. I don't wow at him. I don't find him entertaining and spectacular. I don't find him that skilled.

Don't like to admit this but Wade actually looks much better to me when I watch him play.

That's just it....he's the best when you just concentrate on stats whereas other players make you wow.
    Magic had that.
    MJ had that.
    Even Duncan has that.

I just don't see that in LeBron.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer10
    Someone said did????

Where did you live? Under a rock?

Let me remind you a bit

And that's only 1 % of everything. Read some articles or something.

And yes, I did buy into hype.

The thing is, like I said, I had little opportunity to watch him play, like a few games in 3 years.
    And just from watching his stats, I saw a monster who at 22 averaged over 30 points and 7 assists.. At 21 he averaged 21 points and 7 assists..

So I thought to myself, MJ's scoring ability and Magic's passing ability?

You won't believe the things that people will believe if they don't in fact watch games.
    Last 2 years I was 100 % sure that he was better than Kobe.

But when you actually watch games...blah..it's different.

Has very little grace. Doesn't make plays that make you go WOOOW.
    Not that special, not gracious at all.

Doesn't mean that he's not a great player but when I watch him play I don't see the best player in the league. Sorry but no.
    And last 2 years I thought he was the best.
    yeah I remember his name getting thrown in with Jordan's...

I remember the same with Kobe...

did I ever actually think they would be as good as Jordan....HELL NO

that being said Lebron is still only 22 years old...he has all the time in the world to prove he is the next Jordan...do I think it will happen?...HELL NO

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

The best and smartest guys on the court aren't always the best and smartest off the court, and vice versa. This is a prime example of that...although let me make it clear that I'm not calling James a bad person, he's just emulating Jordan's off-court style, which means that he's bought and paid for. No loyal Nike man would be complimentary of Marbury's shoes. Marbury isn't nearly as smart as James on the court but he's much more concerned about helping people, and for that, I'm a fan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    The best and smartest guys on the court aren't always the best and smartest off the court, and vice versa. This is a prime example of that...although let me make it clear that I'm not calling James a bad person, he's just emulating Jordan's off-court style, which means that he's bought and paid for. No loyal Nike man would be complimentary of Marbury's shoes.
    Why would Lebron be loyal to Nike though? It's just business. If his career suddenly declined steeply, they'd dump him before he knew what was happening.

That's what bothers me about these comments. He goes a little too far in "defending" Nike. I don't expect him to criticize his sponsor, but I also don't expect him to praise them.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
    Why would Lebron be loyal to Nike though? It's just business. If his career suddenly declined steeply, they'd dump him before he knew what was happening.

That's what bothers me about these comments. He goes a little too far in "defending" Nike. I don't expect him to criticize his sponsor, but I also don't expect him to praise them.
    Exacly, I doubt Penny Hardaway is praising NIKE right now.