Lakers will crush them.
    How did that go?

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Default Re: So Boston is 5-0 since Rondo out for the season

Rondo = Overrated, right?

I don't care if the guy is overrated as long as we are winning

Teams can either adjust well when an important player goes down or not, in this case BOS is doing great. They played marvelous today btw.

All of Boston's guys are stepping up after everyone said they'd be nothing without Rondo.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    Lakers will crush them.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

as much as i am happy that the celtics are winning it would be a miracle if boston gets pass the 2nd round without rondo ... over rated ? rondo ? get the hell outta here.... just look at chicago does that mean that drose is overrated too?

thats why basketball is a team game even jordan left the bulls that team without mj was still ECF contenders.. so does that mean mj is overrated too??

damn these kids .... when will you ever learn that basketball is a team sport...

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

While I don't think for a second that Boston is better without Rondo its funny how some posters work.

When the Raptors win without Andrei Barngani its cause hes a cancer
    When the Hawks win without Josh Smith its cause hes a cancer
    When the Wolves were winning without Love its cause hes a stat padder
    Yet when the Celtics go 6-0 without Rondo its cause everyone else stepped up

You can't have it both ways, none of the teams are better without a decent/good player they currently have yet the same poster will label one a cancer and not the other under the same circumstances

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

rondo? more like rondont.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    as much as i am happy that the celtics are winning it would be a miracle if boston gets pass the 2nd round without rondo ... over rated ? rondo ? get the hell outta here.... just look at chicago does that mean that drose is overrated too?

thats why basketball is a team game even jordan left the bulls that team without mj was still ECF contenders.. so does that mean mj is overrated too??

damn these kids .... when will you ever learn that basketball is a team sport...
    I think BOS has players that are secondary transition players and thats the right pace to play with this team. Pierce and KG have carried the offense High low and its been effective...The X factor has always been Jeff Green..If green can give us 16 and 6-7 rebounds with adequate defense, this team can match up with people in the east.

I also think we aren't beating MIA,CHI, or pacers(Though I think it would be a 6-7 game series). I think the guys are motivated to not being that 7-8 spot.

My Bulls were also winning last year without Rose in the regular season (and this year too), but we saw what happened in the 1st round.

Rondo always ups his game in the playoffs, and they'll surely miss him. They still have a ton of talent to make it to the ECF on a semi-epic run.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    My Bulls were also winning last year without Rose in the regular season (and this year too), but we saw what happened in the 1st round.

Rondo always ups his game in the playoffs, and they'll surely miss him. They still have a ton of talent to make it to the ECF on a semi-epic run.
    I trust Doc as a coach in the playoffs over every team not named Bulls, MIA and maybe Indy.

BOS can beat both NY teams, and this Philly team constructed as is can be beat.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Boston probably feels pretty nice offensively without having to play 4 on 5 like they had to do when Rondo was out there and the defense didn't even have to guard him beyond 10 feet from the basket.

And they may not even miss his defense that much either because Avery Bradley can guard the opposing team's best perimeter player and does it better than Rondo.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Boston probably feels pretty nice offensively without having to play 4 on 5 like they had to do when Rondo was out there and the defense didn't even have to guard him beyond 10 feet from the basket.

And they may not even miss his defense that much either because Avery Bradley can guard the opposing team's best perimeter player and does it better than Rondo.

We average more turnovers now which will bite the team in the butt in games but the spacing is much better like you stated.