Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I hate George Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Karl has always been overrated. He's probably "respected" because he's managed to hang around for so long.

You can make a strong case that Karl is a cancer. His feuds with some of his stars have wrecked locker room chemistry, such as with Ray Allen.

I always got the feeling that Karl felt he was as big a star (or bigger) than the players.
    No kidding, how giddy was he that Melo was gone and he has a starless team? Never mind that they weren't going to do anything, he loved it. And he seemingly plays all those guys in order to not let anyone be a star either if you watch them. No one really has become anything of a go to player when they really need one

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    No kidding, how giddy was he that Melo was gone and he has a starless team? Never mind that they weren't going to do anything, he loved it. And he seemingly plays all those guys in order to not let anyone be a star either if you watch them. No one really has become anything of a go to player when they really need one
    We're in total agreement.

He obviously feels that his "system" is the key, and that you can just plug in any players.

Its really a mystery to me as to why he has stayed employed in the league for so long.

No, the Nuggets just miss Melo.

College superstar

The Fire George Karl blog used to be pretty funny, too bad it died.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    lmao. I was stunned.

Anyways Karl's a good coach. He's good at managing ego's and getting the best out of his guy's in the regular season. That's why you see D.Jones, Corey Brewer, Kosta playing really solid on winning teams when usually they'd be glued to the bench elsewhere.

However he's awful at rotations and really hurting the team with X's and O's. Denver is in need of a change. Need an actual offensive\defensive system in place.

No kidding, how giddy was he that Melo was gone and he has a starless team? Never mind that they weren't going to do anything
    Besides '09 last year beat anything Melo ever did in his entire career here. Just for the record. Nuggets forced a game 7. Besides the WCF run I think there was on series we pushed to 6? Usually out in 4\5 tho. Similar to what the Knicks have done actually. No doubt he loved this team post Melo, think it's more because without Melo you're pretty much free to do whatever you want. It's worked so far but Karl starting to look pretty bad.

Right 100% about the ego thing. You know Denver misses most about Melo? We not longer have a guy that's "bigger" than Karl in that sense. Last night if we had Melo Karl wouldn't have made that stupid play or tried to overcoach. He would have kicked it into Melo and let him do his thing. Instead we get some bullshit play call.

George Karl needs to make his mark on the game. Weather it be a rotation, not calling a TO and letting them play, drawing up a unique play etc. Turning some average player into a key piece of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Besides '09 last year beat anything Melo ever did in his entire career here. Just for the record. Nuggets forced a game 7. Besides the WCF run I think there was on series we pushed to 6? Usually out in 4\5 tho. Similar to what the Knicks have done actually. No doubt he loved this team post Melo, think it's more because without Melo you're pretty much free to do whatever you want. It's worked so far but Karl starting to look pretty bad.

Right 100% about the ego thing. You know Denver misses most about Melo? We not longer have a guy that's "bigger" than Karl in that sense. Last night if we had Melo Karl wouldn't have made that stupid play or tried to overcoach. He would have kicked it into Melo and let him do his thing. Instead we get some bullshit play call.

George Karl needs to make his mark on the game. Weather it be a rotation, not calling a TO and letting them play, drawing up a unique play etc. Turning some average player into a key piece of the team.
    I didn't say you were worse off Melo is gone. I said Karl is glad Melo is gone because he's the star now. He is. He's always had issues with his stars.

You always tell me what was bad when Melo was there. Am i missing the incredible success you are having without him?

I didn't say you were worse off Melo is gone. I said Karl is glad Melo is gone because he's the star now. He is. He's always had issues with his stars.

You always tell me what was bad when Melo was there. Am i missing the incredible success you are having without him?
    Read what you wrote champ. He was happy Melo was gone never mind they weren't going to do anything? Maybe I misunderstood but that seems like a shot at the Denver Nuggets. Figured I'd point out that they've done as much as 90% of their past. That's all.

I don't always tell you anything. I simply pointed out that Karl being happy even tho Denver Nuggets weren't going to do anything is moot because were matching what we did with a superstar already. Get it? Cause you pointed out he was happy without Melo, which he was even tho they weren't going to do anything? <-- that's the false.

Karl believes this team can win a championship

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Read what you wrote champ. He was happy Melo was gone never mind they weren't going to do anything? Maybe I misunderstood but that seems like a shot at the Denver Nuggets. Figured I'd point out that they've done as much as 90% of their past. That's all.

I don't always tell you anything. I simply pointed out that Karl being happy even tho Denver Nuggets weren't going to do anything is moot because were matching what we did with a superstar already. Get it? Cause you pointed out he was happy without Melo, which he was even tho they weren't going to do anything? <-- that's the false.
    Badly written. Let me reprhase. I don't think Karl cares if the team got better or worse when Melo left. I don't think he is happy because he thinks they got better. I think he is happy because HE is the star. Better or worse, i don't think it matters. He is the star, he can treat all the players like interchangable pieces. I think he likes that more than say Gallo becoming a superstar and being the face of the franchise and not Karl.

Badly written. Let me reprhase. I don't think Karl cares if the team got better or worse when Melo left. I don't think he is happy because he thinks they got better. I think he is happy because HE is the star. Better or worse, i don't think it matters. He is the star, he can treat all the players like interchangable pieces. I think he likes that more than say Gallo becoming a superstar and being the face of the franchise and not Karl.
    See I can agree with that. He deff has a huge ego. That ego believes he's capable of winning a ring tho. When Melo left? He probably thought he could lead this team to a ring. Right now? He think can do it. All I'm saying. Karl wasn't happy Melo left for that reason alone, he thought they could be successful doing it.

If that makes any sense.

most overrated coach in the NBA

agreed

said it in the game 2 thread as well

But Denver totally overachieved by obtaining the 3rd seed in the west this season and he's up for COTY?

I think he just coached a couple bad games this series and also you can't really do anything when Steph Curry is shooting like that.

George Karl. The same coach who choked to the Nuggets in 1994 when he was still in Seattle.