thats probably the best pic of her ive seen

kinda disappointed

Default Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    huh

never really been that into her

kinda disappointed
    She's ridiculously adorable. Stop hatin'.

huh

kinda disappointed

This.. She looks hot in that pic but

Is she still around?

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    This.. She looks hot in that pic but

Is she still around?
    If you mean is she still alive, then yes
    If you mean is she still popular, then not really.
    She was one of my first celebrity crushes (3rd after J-Lo and Beyonce) and I consider her one of the most pretty girls I've seen, so she's still dear to my heart lol

huh

kinda disappointed
    u gay.

Current Results

7- Kevin McHale
    4- Jason Kidd
    2- Gary Payton
    1- Paul Pierce
    1- Bob McAdoo
    1- Dennis Rodman
    1- Elvin Hayes
    1- Dominique Wilkins
    1- George Gervin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    'Better' is subjective; they're two different players, different roles. Dominique scored at a high level, Jason Kidd facilitated, passed and played defense at a high level.The question is which player do you think had a greater impact on the game overall? I rank Kidd higher because I feel he's had the better overall career, and impacted the game in more ways than Dominique did. Your entire argument is centered on his scoring and 'hanging with Jordan and Bird' in the day. You don't measure Jason Kidd's value on his statlines; he was one of those rare players who could score 5 points and still profoundly impact the game.

Ranking these players is totally subjective and everyone has different criteria. Hell, I can run through this list and pick out several players who I feel are 'better players' than people ranked over them. If you're that upset that Jason Kidd's name has been mentioned over Nique, then you should be equally pissed off that Steve Nash sits firmly at #35 in our rankings. Was Clyde Drexler better than Nique? Iverson?....Jason Kidd's name being thrown around in this thread should be the least of your concerns.

For the record, I saw several Nique/Jordan encounters and I'm not oblivious to the kind of player he was in his day.

Yes, my argument is centered around hanging with Jordan and Bird in the day. Very few players in league history coud, and certainly Kidd couldn't.
    I understand they're different players, but I put more emphasis on how good the player was, not longevity adding to career stats. And I do disagree with Nash at #35. He wasn't as good as Nique either. Clyde Drexler and Nique are on close footintg, Iverson a step below.
    But I'd still take AI and Nash over Kidd. Putting the ball in the hole counts for alot.
    But once again, Nique was special in a way that transcends the limitations of Kidd. Nique was able to hang with two of the top 6 players ever and watching those matchups, you would have thought (even though he wasn't) that he was one of those players.
    Just a different ceiling and level than Kidd could ever hope to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by BIZARRO
    Yes, my argument is centered around hanging with Jordan and Bird in the day. Very few players in league history coud, and certainly Kidd couldn't.
    I understand they're different players, but I put more emphasis on how good the player was, not longevity adding to career stats. And I do disagree with Nash at #35. He wasn't as good as Nique either. Clyde Drexler and Nique are on close footintg, Iverson a step below.
    But I'd still take AI and Nash over Kidd. Putting the ball in the hole counts for alot.
    But once again, Nique was special in a way that transcends the limitations of Kidd. Nique was able to hang with two of the top 6 players ever and watching those matchups, you would have thought (even though he wasn't) that he was one of those players.
    Just a different ceiling and level than Kidd could ever hope to get to.

And Kidd wasn't better than Gervin, B. King, McAdoo, Worthy, Nash, and The Glove either. Let alone Kevin Johnson at his best.

I understand they're different players, but I put more emphasis on how good the player was, not longevity adding to career stats. And I do disagree with Nash at #35. He wasn't as good as Nique either.
    That's cool, you can argue using whatever criteria you want.

Yes, some of Kidd's all-time rankings are due to longevity, but let's not act like the guy didn't put up stats in his prime, or wasn't an MVP level player( 2002 runner-up). He was putting up 18, 8 and 7 in his Nets prime, has 4 seasons of 10+ assists, 10 seasons of 9+ a game, and 105 career triple doubles. I highly favor players who tangibly impact the game in multiple ways, and Jason Kidd did just that. His one major knock was his shooting touch, and despite that he's pretty much a top 5 all-time point guard. Nique was a heck of a player, but beyond scoring he didn't tangibly impact the game in other areas, and that was probably taken into account when they didn't vote him into the all-time 50 greatest group back in 1996.

You're free to rate Nique higher because he can score 30-40 in the same game where Jordan or Bird puts 40 right back on him, I have my own voting criteria.

And Kidd wasn't better than Gervin, B. King, McAdoo, Worthy, Nash, and The Glove either. Let alone Kevin Johnson at his best.
    Again, better is subjective. It probably makes more sense to measure Kidd against Nash and Payton, who play the same position, then against people like McAdoo, Gervin and Worthy.