Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who's your favorite Street Fighter character?

Please keep it Street Fighter related, and not venture into that Marvel VS Capcom bullshit. If anything, keep it as basic as possible. Considering the original 12, fu*k it we'll push it to the original 16 characters! Your choice (favorite) consisting of:

Ryu
    Ken
    E. Honda
    Chun Li
    Blanka
    Zangief
    Guile
    Dhalism
    Balrog (my current avatar; yeah you know you like that shit)
    Vega
    Sagat (I used to post under a username, Sagat, good times)
    Bison
    Dee Jay
    Fei Long
    T. Hawk
    Cammy

so who's your fav?

Pease, peeze, somebody pze pick me. Nobody like the Bison anymore. Bison sad.

Default Re: Who's your favorite Street Fighter character?

Dhalism was always my go to.

Tiger! Tiger!

I am the sole TRUE king of Thailand.

TIGER! TIGER! ... TIGER UPPERCUT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Dhalism was always my go to.
    DHALISM! When you're caught up in a jam, holla at cha boi! Balrog get you out of any predicament, guaranteed! MY FIGHT MONEY!!!

1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9 FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(yeah, you true fans know what I'm talking about)

This is my hometown baby! Las Vegas! The money, the women, the cars, the bright lights. Home sweet home. Pick me, Balrog. You won't be sorry.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

In order:
    Guile
    Ken
    Blanka

You know who got my vote.

1. ryu
    2. m. bison
    3. sagat
    4. chun li (only for dem thaiz)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    1. ryu
    2. m. bison
    3. sagat
    4. chun li (only for dem thaiz)

"Hey Bucketz, I might not have dem thunder thaiz, but cha boi know how to do that Psycho Crusher. I goez real hard in the paint too. *sniff sniff* and I thank you for the # 2 slot, but my arch enemy Ryu taketh the # 1. Bison never win"

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

No reason to exclude Street Fighter 4, the best game in the series.

I like Cammy and Ryu. Ibuki and Honda are cool too.

What a great series in general though. Love playing the games even though I suck horrendously at them.

Josh, in your opinion who is the most challenging character to use?

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Josh, in your opinion who is the most challenging character to use?
    Challenging? That's a broad question/word to use. I think you mean in the sense of "who's the hardest to master and be very effective with" ... right?

If that's the case, it all depends on which game/version of Street Fighter we're talking about.

In Hyper Fighting/Championship Edition (the original 12, all playable), I'd say to use at a very high level and be effective against a likewise opponent - the boss characters have to be up there.

Vega can be challenging to consistently pull off his wall grabs effectively, coupled with the sheer fact he's easier to dizzy than most characters and takes less damage to kill (in comparison to Zangief, Sagat and E. Honda for example).

Sagat might seem like a breeze to learn to use/master upfront, but his Tiger Knee is something that takes lots of practice and repetition to pull off and not confuse with the lower Tiger Shot (fireball) which throws many things off. He also has very few combos he can land, another important element in Street Fighter games.

Balrog is kind of self-explanatory. Sure, just a "charge" character, but timing is key, and it takes TONS of practice and experience to pull off his turn-punches fast enough to dizzy your opponent and keep them in check. Otherwise, your fireball or Honda hundred hand slap, Chun Li hundred kick shit and Blanka's electricity will own Balrog all day long. Balrog is one of those guys that if you master him, it's lights out good night sweet dreams (more like nightmares) for your opponent, and vice versa, if you're just average or mediocre he will have his ass handed to him in a quickness.

Bison... well I don't care much for him in any of the Street Fighter releases, ever. So I really can't comment to a great extent on him, but I've played against him enough against world-class talent to know he's a very tricky guy to use. He's difficult to master, but the payoff is quite stout. His wild-card factor is he has throw priority over most other characters. He can do Psycho Crusher and while your opponent is blocking, you have a 75% chance or higher (depending on which character you're playing against) of following up the *chip damage* (damage sustained while blocking for those who don't know) into throw. A Fierce Psycho Crusher fully blocked + throw will do approx 25% damage to your opponent (again, depending on which character you're playing against).

Dhalism is a weak character, but a highly skilled player can make all that up utilizing his "zoning" game to the max, and Dhalism (like Bison) has high throw priority compared to most other characters. One great weakness is that Dhalism doesn't have a surefire "wake up" special move to avoid an offensive powerhouse attacking player. He does have the invisible/teleport but it's a guessing game half the time meaning your opponent has just as good a shot as landing an incoming jump kick/punch as the Dhalism player does executing the invisible/teleport move.

Ryu and Ken are very easy to learn and eventually master amongst high level competition. They're purposely designed that way into the game. You can make the same argument for Guile, Chun Li and E. Honda - which is why they rank "Top Tier" in the game, and guys like Balrog, Vega, Bison (yes, he's the "boss" in the game, but he's realistically bottom tier amongst other characters) - these guys rank low.

So in conclusion, the harder characters to master are also usually on the lower end of the tier spectrum.

Getting into The New Challengers game - (introducing Cammy, T. Hawk, Dee Jay and Fei Long) shit changes so significantly you basically have to do an entirely new "tiering" list.

Those are my opinions ... which are commonly accepted and agreed upon within the Street Fighter community.

I know you have some SF experience glide... tell me how this compares or differs... and please be honest... there's absolutely no right or wrong answers/opinions - at the end of the day it comes down to specific match-ups and one player's perspective compared to that of others.

I'd love to hear your opinions, and which version you're referring to specifically.

*** sorry I posted so much, I just get wrapped up in discussions like this because my life-long love and adoration for this franchise runs so deep. I appreciate your interest.
    Last edited by Legend of Josh; 12-05-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Original is Ken

If we expand to SF4, I play Ken, Ryu, Sakura, Cammy, Guy and Fei Long

If I had to pick one, it's Sakura. She plays like my original favorite character but she moves faster. Her theme music is also awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UPCrVl7qZc

SF4 is great but the "story" is so half-assed, it's embarrassing. I wish Capcom would look at BlazBlue and see how to make the single player experience better...

ps: Here's my favorite versions of Cammy's and Fei Long's themes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fbF53XpdGI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEKEbMMLGWg
    Last edited by konex; 12-05-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Yes, that was what I meant with my question. I was referring to all versions, but I can see now how your answers could change depending on what Street Fighter game we

Overall character - RYU

fighter to use- RYU or Sagat, although I am very versatile and can use a variety of characters to whoop ass.