Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Can a player who can't palm the ball able to become an allstar/superstar in the NBA?

Or would he even get in to the NBA?
    I think no because there's no way they can compete at that level without better ball handling. They might get away with small hands in high school.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Can a player who can't palm the ball able to become an allstar/superstar in the NBA?

steve francis.

Default Re: Can a player who can't palm the ball able to become an allstar/superstar in the NBA?

Could Iverson palm the ball? Supposedly Kobe has small hands. Can he?

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Could Iverson palm the ball? Supposedly Kobe has small hands. Can he?
    yes easily he had big hands

I don't think Steve Francis could palm the ball.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I don't think Steve Francis could palm the ball.
    From what I've heard and seen, this is truthful. I'm sure he's not alone.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Kwame Brown.

I don't think JJ Hickson can palm the ball very well because he has tiny hands for a 6'8" guy, but he's not an all star, and neer will be. Might prove your first point , but dispells the second. I doubt Tiny could palm the ball, and I would imagine Nate Robinson would have difficulty palming.

Banned

Derrick Rose

NBA Superstar

Contrary to what one may believe, I've heard on numerous occasions that Ben Wallace could barely palm a basketball. From a personal standpoint, I tend to recall a number of instances where the ball would squirt out of his hands on a dunk attempt. I suppose it still he could palm, just not too well.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Umm...

I don't think big hands correlates to ball handling skills...Or else the best ball handlers in the league would be the big 7 footers.

So being able to palm the ball wouldn't help you out except for doing things like Jordan used to do in the air while palming the ball, or palming the ball and swinging it around as you are on the ground and before you start your dribble (using it as you jab step and stuff).

Best of Both Worlds Dwyane Rose's Avatar

Josh Smith can't palm a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Umm...

I don't think big hands correlates to ball handling skills...Or else the best ball handlers in the league would be the big 7 footers.

So being able to palm the ball wouldn't help you out except for doing things like Jordan used to do in the air while palming the ball, or palming the ball and swinging it around as you are on the ground and before you start your dribble (using it as you jab step and stuff).
    Just because you are tall doesn't mean you will have big hands.

Ben Wallace is on the can't palm the ball list.

How can an nba player not palm the ball? I'm 5'11 and can palm a ball