Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Default Should the Bulls go after Beasley?

I wouldn't give up anyone important. But if he was easy to get would you give it a try? Would be kind of interesting seeing the first two picks of the '08 draft on the same team.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Default Re: Should the Bulls go after Beasley?

No and they wont. The only baskets he'll be making, are baskets for his marijuana stash.

Banned

He'd probably make Thibbs kill himself. If he had any interest in playing D (or Basketball in general for that matter), he'd be a good pick-up for any play-off team.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

:

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Learning to shoot layups peejay89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan

He'd probably make Thibbs kill himself. If he had any interest in playing D (or Basketball in general for that matter), he'd be a good pick-up for any play-off team.
    More chance of Thibs killing him after a stupid Beas decision. do not want this scrub anywhere near us. team is looking ok at the moment.

College superstar

I think they should.

Bulls need a player who is able to create offense for himself, and cares more about scoring (and is good at it) than defending.

Why not put such a troubled, yet talented, player on a strong defensive roster with great leadership? There is zero chance that Beasley can negatively affect the Bulls locker room. It wouldn't be allowed. Absolute worst case scenario is he gets cut/sent to the end of the bench. Best case is he becomes what he was supposed to be -- Poor Man's Melo... say 15-20 ppg on adequate shooting, with little else.

The Bulls definitely don't need anything Beasly brings to the table. HE is an inconsistent scorer and an inconsistent personality. We would be better off trying to nab a backup center.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

I'm not going to lie. I'm not proud of it but this is why I'm not a GM.....but......

I can't believe I actually wanted this guy over Rose back in 08. I did, I actually did. I was satisfied with Hinrich, I thought Beasley was going to be Durant-lyte after an impressive freshmen season, I thought the Bulls needed explosiveness and scoring in the frontcourt and he'd be that guy. And possibly the fact that Rose screwed over the Illini and went to Memphis.

Hinrich-Gordon-Deng-Beasley-Noah was a lineup I was excited to see although it lacked the MVP intangibles that Rose brings.

I mean, valid reason IMO back in 08 for a Bulls fan

Don't hate me

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    I'm not going to lie. I'm not proud of it but this is why I'm not a GM.....but......

I can't believe I actually wanted this guy over Rose back in 08. I did, I actually did. I was satisfied with Hinrich, I thought Beasley was going to be Durant-lyte after an impressive freshmen season, I thought the Bulls needed explosiveness and scoring in the frontcourt and he'd be that guy. And possibly the fact that Rose screwed over the Illini and went to Memphis.

Hinrich-Gordon-Deng-Beasley-Noah was a lineup I was excited to see although it lacked the MVP intangibles that Rose brings.

I mean, valid reason IMO back in 08 for a Bulls fan

Don't hate me
    I was the same bro.

I was one of the guys that was arguing you two down like a pitbull

For what it's worth I have been wrong on my fair share of deals/drafts but D. Rose wasn't one of them lol.

I can't wait for the season to start already...

I went toe to toe with some guy who doesn't post here anymore.

KaptKirk or something.

I begged people to understand that Rose was the pick and it wasn't even close.

The main thing I disagreed on w/ other fans was what position B-EZ would play in the pros.

The people who were PRO-beasley thought he was the 4 that was the answers to our Elton Brand prayers.

Beyond that though....from the experience of watching Derrick every year in HS.....I knew he was SPECIAL.

Lets get this season going already.

P.S. - Wish the Heat wouldn't have got Beasley though. Low Risk High Reward situation for them just like w/ Oden. Beasley no matter how dumb he is, still has talent somewhere in that body and is only 24 i think. Could end up being a nice rotation player for them.

I wasn't here at the time, but yeah I was pretty adamant that we needed Beasley. A coworker of mine convinced me that Rose was a great choice but I was still secretly hoping we would draft Beasley.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

we should have went after beasley our team suffers from scoring.. this guy is young and was potential at one point. WE dont need him to save us cause of course we are an elite team. BUT We could def used him on second team or in scoring droughts

HE averaged 10 points on .40% shooting last year and is a career .44% shooter. We don't need him--if he couldn't make an impact on the Wolves, Suns, and Heat why do ppl think he could make an impact on a very structured playoff team?