Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Arkwardest/Embarrasing moments that ever happened to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nilocon165
    One time in a playoff game I tried to take a charge and instead got elbowed in the head and called for a block. I was a little out of it after that, and my coach was like "you want out?" And I told him I was fine. Bad decision. I grab the easy rebound off the free throw miss and proceed to lay it back in. ON THE WRONG HOOP. Keep in mind that made it a one possession game in the 4th quarter of a playoff game. The sad thing was as soon as it left my hands I realized my mistake. Looked up at the stands as I was running back the other way and my parents looked embarassed as hell. It was an awful feeling.

Luckily we won and I had 4 straight freethrows in the final minute to seal it but it could've been worse.
    Don't worry, may happen more than you think.

A few years ago I was coaching a 7th grade team when one of our opponents sprung a full court press on us out of nowhere. My squad struggled with backcourt pressure so I called a time-out to keep my kids from panicking, and as a means of refreshing them on our diamond press break.

Worth noting that my starting point guard that year was a more jovial, middle school version of Duane from Full House (the "whatever" guy. I know, dated reference, but it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Do-T28tY08#t=0m20s)

Anyhow, out of the time-out, my point guard runs to the ball as designed. He catches the inbounds pass near his opponents' bucket, as designed. But then it suddenly looks like he's thinking about shooting a layup... on his own basket. I'm standing about 60 feet away, and the dude's in his own world, so he doesn't hear my pleas to not shoot. Just as well, he can't hear the cacophony coming from parents and students in the stands, all yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" in unison.

He follows through with his plan and attempts a point-blank, uncontested layup on his own basket. The ball ricochets off the backboard and hits the rim at such an angle that it begins swirling perilously around the rim, seemingly in slow motion.

Somehow, someway, the ball teeters out of the cylinder. Everyone in the gym sighs in relief at the near disaster.

Dude then gets his own rebound and lays it back in.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 04-19-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Had an ulti-embarrassing moment a bout a month ago, not sure if want to share it with ISH

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Don't worry, may happen more than you think.

A few years ago I was coaching a 7th grade team when one of our opponents sprung a full court press on us out of nowhere. My squad struggled with backcourt pressure so I called a time-out to keep my kids from panicking, and as a means of refreshing them on our diamond press break.

Worth noting that my starting point guard that year was a more jovial, middle school version of Duane from Full House (the "whatever" guy. I know, dated reference, but it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Do-T28tY08#t=0m20s)

Anyhow, out of the time-out, my point guard runs to the ball as designed. He catches the inbounds pass near his opponents' bucket, as designed. But then it suddenly looks like he's thinking about shooting a layup... on his own basket. I'm standing about 60 feet away, and the dude's in his own world, so he doesn't hear my pleas to not shoot. Just as well, he can't hear the cacophony coming from parents and students in the stands, all yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" in unison.

He follows through with his plan and attempts a point-blank, uncontested layup on his own basket. The ball ricochets off the backboard and hits the rim at such an angle that it begins swirling perilously around the rim, seemingly in slow motion.

Somehow, someway, the ball teeters out of the cylinder. Everyone in the gym sighs in relief at the near disaster.

Dude then gets his own rebound and lays it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Had an ulti-embarrassing moment a bout a month ago, not sure if want to share it with ISH
    So why mention it..?

Did you want someone to ask you, plead with you to share your story?

Keep it to yourself, mate.

In one of my classes I'm seated in a position where my friend is somewhat far from me and it's hard to tell whether he's talking to me or his girlfriend. He looks in pretty much the exact same direction for both of us. This has obviously led to a ton of times where I've replyed or gestured back to him when I wasn't even the one he was talking to.

It's happened a lot and sometimes I just assume he's talking to his gf and look away and he's just like "Colin wtf"

Obviously not the most embarrasing moment of my life (that's earlier in this thread) but it's happened multiple times and this thread came to mind.

I'm pretty much the king of social awkwardness tho so I'll post when I think of more moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilocon165
    In one of my classes I'm seated in a position where my friend is somewhat far from me and it's hard to tell whether he's talking to me or his girlfriend. He looks in pretty much the exact same direction for both of us. This has obviously led to a ton of times where I've replyed or gestured back to him when I wasn't even the one he was talking to.

It's happened a lot and sometimes I just assume he's talking to his gf and look away and he's just like "Colin wtf"

Obviously not the most embarrasing moment of my life (that's earlier in this thread) but it's happened multiple times and this thread came to mind.

I'm pretty much the king of social awkwardness tho so I'll post when I think of more moments.
    i can see that being awkward lol. just ignored him during class for now.

i have a story to share, i went with my brother to pick up his daughter (my niece) from kindergarten. my bro was upset because i got some digits from one of the mothers waiting to pick up her daughter from kindergarten also. anyhow, i called the mother to schedule a date with her daughter, except she originally had given me the number bc she thought i was interested in her, not the daughter. so awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    i can see that being awkward lol. just ignored him during class for now.
    I do just ignore him sometimes when he talks to me as I assume he's talking to his gf and he has to call my name again like I'm deaf

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    i have a story to share, i went with my brother to pick up his daughter (my niece) from kindergarten. my bro was upset because i got some digits from one of the mothers waiting to pick up her daughter from kindergarten also. anyhow, i called the mother to schedule a date with her daughter, except she originally had given me the number bc she thought i was interested in her, not the daughter. so awkward.
    You are ****ing awful

Just gave this thread a re read. so ****ing funny