Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Second Round Preview - Los Angeles Lakers vs. Dallas Mavericks

Lakers in 7.

Mavericks in 7.

Baller Status

Lakers don't have it in them. The new age has taken over the game. It's time you old timers move on now too. Your teams are as good as done.

The Miami Heat make every other team in the NBA look feeble. LeBron and Wade dont even have to try at this point. They're going to play straight street ball on these clowns on their way to winning a championship.

The Celtics and Lakers are basically running on fumes right now. While all these west teams will be going through back to back grueling 7-game series. The Heat are just going to sweep every team from here on out, and they'll be well rested up for the Finals. You heard it here first.

LeBron and D.Wade on fresh legs for the Finals? Kobe and the Lakers are done. Kobe's knees are already shot as it is, imagine what one of D.Wade's patented crossovers would do to them. I sense career ending caliber crossovers in Kobe's near future. The game has just evolved past them. prime Jordan or a prime Kobe wouldn't be able to compete with a LeBron or D.Wade. It's just a new generation. The next generation has already taken over. The Tim Duncan's, Kevin Garnett's and Kobe Bryant's of the world are irrelevant at this point, The Heat are the face of this youth takeover.

You can't stand the Heat GTFO the kitchen. It's a no contest as far as I'm concerned. There's not even a need for me to watch the NBA playoffs this year, I already know who's going to win. The Heat are that far ahead of the game. It's easy to them, and Boston is scared of a Heat team with developed chemistry. Kobe couldn't win the title this year even if the NBA allowed the Lakers to sign Dwight Howard as an unrestricted Free Agent. He could get added to the playoff roster tomorrow, and the Lakers still wouldn't stand a chance against the Heat in the Finals.

The Heat are going to completely ETHER every team they play from here on out. They aren't playing with these rookies. It's game time now, you old ass washed up veterans need to fall back and stop acting like they stand a chance against my Heat.

Banned

Mavs in 6.

Dehsawn and Marion will absolutely lock up Kobe.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
    Mavs in 6.

Dehsawn and Marion will absolutely lock up Kobe.
    Kobe is the least of our problem. That may sound foolish, but Kobe going for 25+ on mediocre efficiency will not be an issue. We can defend him rather well. It's Bynum/Odom/Gasol that worries me... a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RUCKER
    Lakers don't have it in them. The new age has taken over the game. It's time you old timers move on now too. Your teams are as good as done.

The Miami Heat make every other team in the NBA look feeble. LeBron and Wade dont even have to try at this point. They're going to play straight street ball on these clowns on their way to winning a championship.

The Celtics and Lakers are basically running on fumes right now. While all these west teams will be going through back to back grueling 7-game series. The Heat are just going to sweep every team from here on out, and they'll be well rested up for the Finals. You heard it here first.

LeBron and D.Wade on fresh legs for the Finals? Kobe and the Lakers are done. Kobe's knees are already shot as it is, imagine what one of D.Wade's patented crossovers would do to them. I sense career ending caliber crossovers in Kobe's near future. The game has just evolved past them. prime Jordan or a prime Kobe wouldn't be able to compete with a LeBron or D.Wade. It's just a new generation. The next generation has already taken over. The Tim Duncan's, Kevin Garnett's and Kobe Bryant's of the world are irrelevant at this point, The Heat are the face of this youth takeover.

You can't stand the Heat GTFO the kitchen. It's a no contest as far as I'm concerned. There's not even a need for me to watch the NBA playoffs this year, I already know who's going to win. The Heat are that far ahead of the game. It's easy to them, and Boston is scared of a Heat team with developed chemistry. Kobe couldn't win the title this year even if the NBA allowed the Lakers to sign Dwight Howard as an unrestricted Free Agent. He could get added to the playoff roster tomorrow, and the Lakers still wouldn't stand a chance against the Heat in the Finals.

The Heat are going to completely ETHER every team they play from here on out. They aren't playing with these rookies. It's game time now, you old ass washed up veterans need to fall back and stop acting like they stand a chance against my Heat.
    Thats an interesting theory you got there.

Is that you, Glenn Beck?

Bring them on!!!

Lakers in 4!!!

[COLOR=Teal]Whoever wins game 1 wins the series like 80% of the time right? Mavs better steal game 1. Not to mention Phil's record is 110% when his team wins game 1.
    [/COLOR]

Banned

Lakers in 6

Pau Gasol will play way better than what he did vs NO
    Andrew Bynum will get the boards
    Kobe will average 30 ppg atleast, and 5 assists
    Lakers got HCA, whens the last time they lost having HCA? 2004
    Phil is 48-0 when his team wins game 1

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    i guess chandler/haywood/dirk/terry are supposed to cancel out bynum/gasol/odom/kobe's production ???
    Might as well list both rosters and say they cancel each other out

I don't really expect a huge series from Kobe given his injuries and the fact that he might not have that midget Roddy defending him. Marion does a good job on him and Chandler will contest him inside. Bynum dominated their frontline in Dallas and he's really the key.. gotta keep Chandler off the glass and punk Dirk if he gets to the rim. Gasol has to step it up and get healthy so he can check Dirk and make him work on the other end. They'll probably double off Artest so he has to continue playing well. Lakers in 6.
    Last edited by chazzy; 04-29-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R.H.C.P.
    Finally for the very first time we'll see Kobe vs. Dirk in a playoff series.

Any update on Caron Butler? Will he play in this series?

Predictions?

I got Lakers in 6. I don't think Terry will be as effective as he was against the Blazers...and Kidd won't be able to continue his 3 point hot streak. Also, I think Odom will average 15&10.
    I predict a better than expected series going 7 games

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Mavericks in 7.

Didn't you also say Hornets would beat LA after game one?

Good college starter Eldrunko247's Avatar

Lakers in 5

Lakers in 5

Lakers in 5...maybe 6.

Lakers are going to steamroll these punks