Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Marbury is officially a Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by haterofhaters
    They may get a job, but at significantly less that what their talent level suggests they should be making.
    Again, history shows otherwise. How many times are you gonna make me repeat it? Why don't you show some actual facts to support this?

Marbury is a what? 33 year old player who was once a star and hasn't played ball in over a year. At 33 years of age, he isn't WORTH more than what he got.

Even if he stepped into Boston and put up 20 points and 10 assists a night (which isn't likely, btw) and was as good as a saint, he would still only get a 2-3 year deal tops.

Mathius

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    Yeah, right.

As long as GM's believe he still has talent he'll get a job. It's a historical given. Look at the Dallas Cowboys, Latrell Sprewell, Michael Vick (the 49ers have already been rumored to be interested), etc.

Mathius

Wow.....I finally agree with him.....its kinda strange... LoL

Marbury signing with the Celtics is the best news that the Hawks could wish for.

I could careless what people think about Marbury. He's a talented player, on a talented team that went all the way last season. It's going to be very exciting to watch him play. Can't wait.

I usually hit open layups TheGame's Avatar

I think this is a great addition clearly he understands what an opportunity this is. Despite all of his previous problems I think the Celtics Big 3 and Doc won't take any bs from him.

I think this will work out better than people think. The chemistry with this team is tight knit enough where ONE out of line player isnt going to destroy the entire thing. They have solid players, solid leadership, and a solid environment. I see this working out for the celtics.

Learning to shoot layups

bad move marbury. why move to a team that's doesn't have a chance to get by cleveland in the playoff's. you just joined a team that isn't gonna be in the NBA finals. someone tell me why you would do that?

I usually hit open layups TheGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hofe23
    bad move marbury. why move to a team that's doesn't have a chance to get by cleveland in the playoff's. you just joined a team that isn't gonna be in the NBA finals. someone tell me why you would do that?
    Thank you homer. Your insights toward the defending champs are laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    It's not up to Marbury. He'll be offered contract based on how well he plays. If he plays like a good bench player the caliber of Stackhouse the year Dallas went to the Finals, or Grant Hill now, he'll probably be offered a decent contract.

The idea that he won't be given a chance to play because of his off court antics makes me laugh. Talent is always more valued than chemistry in sports. Head cases with talent can always get a job.

Mathius
    i'm in no way saying he wouldn't be offered a job. i agree with you 100%. my point is just i could see him out of the league, similar to sprewell in that the valuation of his time and talent by himself and by the league won't match each otehr anymore.

Starbury knew his salary well. I'm wondering if he'd play if his salary was 10th larges on the team. (this year is different, he's a $20 million player just not playing for the team paying him)

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame
    Thank you homer. Your insights toward the defending champs are laughable.
    last year the cavs did not have mo williams, jj hixon, and delonte west. the majority of their team have had the best years of their careers this year. their perimeter shooting was their achilles heel last year and now they are one of the best in the league in that area. they have played great this year. the defending champs last year will not make it to the finals this year. if they do, i will stop posting stuff on this website.

   

what a shame that a piece of garbage like this is accepted by a legit team.

now i trust that the hope of every true NBA fan is that boston crashes and burns this year because of a signing like this.

little more needs be said...

Learning to shoot layups

too bad the celtics won last year. cavs are a better team and will not lose to them this year. maybe next year kg, but not this year.

last year the cavs did not have mo williams, jj hixon, and delonte west. the majority of their team have had the best years of their careers this year. their perimeter shooting was their achilles heel last year and now they are one of the best in the league in that area. they have played great this year. the defending champs last year will not make it to the finals this year. if they do, i will stop posting stuff on this website.
    you know how many times we hear that? 2 things happen, ether the person stays on the site and continues to annoy the $hit out of us or they actually leave and make another account like yourself. so fuck off.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

if they do, i will stop posting stuff on this website.

Who cares

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    what a shame that a piece of garbage like this is accepted by a legit team.

now i trust that the hope of every true NBA fan is that boston crashes and burns this year because of a signing like this.

little more needs be said...

u took the words right out of my mouth. except, the celtics weren't the best team before either. lol