Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3979868788899091 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1357

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    How so? UNC lost almost everyone from that title contender team in 2012, except for McAdoo. If McAdoo hasnt returned they may as well end up in CBI, but with McAdoo they are a legit NIT team to me. They need more talents to contend for an NCAA tournament ticket, and I suppose UNC as a no.11 or no.12 seed is definitely scary for whoever becomes the no.5 or no.6 seed playing them.
    You seriously have no clue what you're talking about and I have no idea why I even bother replying to your trollish posts.

UNC will be weak in the frontcourt next year but will have plenty of depth, speed, quickness, and athleticism on the perimeter. Players they are returning other than McAdoo

Dexter Strickland - Lighting quick combo-guard with lockdown defensive ability.

Reggie Bullock - Pretty much a taller less explosive Strickland but with an offensive game. He's 6'7", can defend three or four positions, can fill it up from three, and filled the "defensive stopper" role in very impressive fashion after Strickland got injured.

Leslie McDonald - This is why you have no clue what you're talking about. He missed all of what would have been his junior year with a torn ACL. Had he been healthy he would've been the 6th or 7th man this year on what was suppose to be a loaded team. He's 6'5", an above average defender, and was the team's best 3P shooter (% wise) two years ago.

P.J. Hairston - Had an up-and-down freshman year but he's a prototypical NBA SG and more than likely will be a lottery pick one day. He can shoot the three and is a physical specimen at 6'6" 225. Hopefully we'll see the same kind of improvement from his freshman to sophomore year that we saw in Bullock. The potential is there.

You take those four players and combine them with McAdoo and you've got an NCAA tournament team. I'm not going to claim they will make the Final Four or win a national championship but they do have a Sweet 16 ceiling. Going further hinges no the incoming freshman bigs, Joel James and Brice Johnson, and if Marcus Paige can adapt as the back-up PG.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    You seriously have no clue what you're talking about and I have no idea why I even bother replying to your trollish posts.

UNC will be weak in the frontcourt next year but will have plenty of depth, speed, quickness, and athleticism on the perimeter. Players they are returning other than McAdoo

Dexter Strickland - Lighting quick combo-guard with lockdown defensive ability.

Reggie Bullock - Pretty much a taller less explosive Strickland but with an offensive game. He's 6'7", can defend three or four positions, can fill it up from three, and filled the "defensive stopper" role in very impressive fashion after Strickland got injured.

Leslie McDonald - This is why you have no clue what you're talking about. He missed all of what would have been his junior year with a torn ACL. Had he been healthy he would've been the 6th or 7th man this year on what was suppose to be a loaded team. He's 6'5", an above average defender, and was the team's best 3P shooter (% wise) two years ago.

P.J. Hairston - Had an up-and-down freshman year but he's a prototypical NBA SG and more than likely will be a lottery pick one day. He can shoot the three and is a physical specimen at 6'6" 225. Hopefully we'll see the same kind of improvement from his freshman to sophomore year that we saw in Bullock. The potential is there.

You take those four players and combine them with McAdoo and you've got an NCAA tournament team. I'm not going to claim they will make the Final Four or win a national championship but they do have a Sweet 16 ceiling. Going further hinges no the incoming freshman bigs, Joel James and Brice Johnson, and if Marcus Paige can adapt as the back-up PG.
    Well this does not look better than the Pitts team that ended up in CBI this year, the return of McAdoo is crucial for them to at least make NIT.

Well this does not look better than the Pitts team that ended up in CBI this year, the return of McAdoo is crucial for them to at least make NIT.
    Just so much....

Banned

Just so much....

I think you need to utilize the ignore button for Kiddlovesnets. It's so frivolous trying to debate with him.

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

So what's going on in Derm? Gbinije transferring and strong rumors about Dawkins getting kicked off the team.

Gbinije transferring shouldn't surprise anyone. It was getting called back months ago.

What did Dawkins do?

And of course the Curry-Rivers stuff all last season and Tony Parker's comments on their program... They are lucky Leslie is staying or Amile Jefferson would have ended up at State.

That program is a mess right now. Really hope Jabari Parker ends up at Michigan State. Let it pour!

Just so much....

Oh no need to be depressed. The Tarheels bounced back to NCAA elite 8 after that NIT year, so another NIT season is unlikely to hurt the program in a long run. Roy Williams just has to be careful with his PG selection, his system requires a quality PG to be effective. A Larry-Drew caliber starting PG will bring them nothing more than an NIT or CBI title.

Oh no need to be depressed. The Tarheels bounced back to NCAA elite 8 after that NIT year, so another NIT season is unlikely to hurt the program in a long run. Roy Williams just has to be careful with his PG selection, his system requires a quality PG to be effective. A Larry-Drew caliber starting PG will bring them nothing more than an NIT or CBI title.
    Yeah, except the duo of senior Dexter Strickland and freshman Marcus Paige in 2012-2013 >>>>> than the sophomore Larry Drew and freshman Dexter Strickland in 2009-2010.

And since you seem to be a "know-it-all" what kind of season do you expect Duke to have next year? If UNC is an NIT or CBI team, then you must think the same of Duke also, right?
    Last edited by KG215; 04-20-2012 at 03:54 AM.

Yeah, except the duo of senior Dexter Strickland and freshman Marcus Paige in 2012-2013 >>>>> than the sophomore Larry Drew and freshman Dexter Strickland in 2009-2010.

And since you seem to be a "know-it-all" what kind of season do you expect Duke to have next year? If UNC is an NIT or CBI team, then you must think the same of Duke also, right?
    Nope I expect Duke to be much better they may as well end up being a 2-3 seed in the tournament but definitely not eligible for a top seed.

Nope I expect Duke to be much better they may as well end up being a 2-3 seed in the tournament but definitely not eligible for a top seed.
    So Duke, with Michael Gbinijie transferring, Andre Dawkins leaving the team, and Austin Rivers (their only perimeter player who could create his own shot off the bounce) going pro is a 2-3 seed in the NCAA tournament but, UNC who is returning just as much (if not more) talent, is an NIT or CBI team at best?

So Duke, with Michael Gbinijie transferring, Andre Dawkins leaving the team, and Austin Rivers (their only perimeter player who could create his own shot off the bounce) going pro is a 2-3 seed in the NCAA tournament but, UNC who is returning just as much (if not more) talent, is an NIT or CBI team at best?

serious dude, why bother?

when are you gonna learn that its just not worth responding to this idiot

Kiddlovesnets is the Rick Santorum of our college bball section. Everyone knows he is a moron but its hard to resist debating his opinions.

Well I do not suppose losing Gbinijie, Dawkins and Rivers is even comparable to losing Zeller, Henson, Barnes and Marshall. You are deluding yourself.

As you see, UNC looks like around 50-55th best team to me in the league. Unfortunately, the 13-16th seeds are pretty much reserved for mid major league tourney winners, so UNC is unlikely to enter NCAA tourney unless they somehow win ACC tourney. Adding Anthony Bennett will move UNC up by at least 10 spots, and they will have a much greater shot at making the tournament. Dont you think so?
    Last edited by Kiddlovesnets; 04-21-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Well I do not suppose losing Gbinijie, Dawkins and Rivers is even comparable to losing Zeller, Henson, Barnes and Marshall. You are deluding yourself.

As you see, UNC looks like around 50-55th best team to me in the league. Unfortunately, the 13-16th seeds are pretty much reserved for mid major league tourney winners, so UNC is unlikely to enter NCAA tourney unless they somehow win ACC tourney. Adding Anthony Bennett will move UNC up by at least 10 spots, and they will have a much greater shot at making the tournament. Dont you think so?
    The only thing I "think" is that you're a f*cking idiot.

The only thing I "think" is that you're a f*cking idiot.
    . . . yet you still think he worth responding to!?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    . . . yet you still think he worth responding to!?

Dude chill. Quit worrying about me responding to him or not. I've already decided I'm not going to go into any arguments of substance with him.