Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Default Re: Knicks brass may try to force Mike D'Antoni to bring on a defensive-minded assistant

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    Anyways, I nominate Mike Brown.
    I always wondered why the Knicks didn't go after him, the Cavs were always a great defensive unit.

Knowing James Dolan though he'd put D'Antoni in charge of D and have Brown focusing on offensive sets.

Default Re: Knicks brass may try to force Mike D'Antoni to bring on a defensive-minded assistant

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Leon Smith
    I always wondered why the Knicks didn't go after him, the Cavs were always a great defensive unit.

Knowing James Dolan though he'd put D'Antoni in charge of D and have Brown focusing on offensive sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I think you have just described D'Antoni
    No, he's total opposite of Frank. D'Antoni's players play for him hard. Remember when Amare and Diaw got suspended? The role players busted ass to win that game. He's just not prepared. I used to think he didn't stress defense enough but that isn't it - he's not able to make pre game and in game adjustments that other coaches do. He's very slow to react. The Knicks play hard but have no good core philosophy on defense. Effort doesn't work when every mistake leads to a hoop because there is no help strategy.

Lawrence Frank is the opposite. He makes fantastic adjustments, specifically pre game. I think you can argue pre game he makes better game plans than most coaches. but the Nets played for him like he was not even there. They'd suck, he'd be yelling at them and they'd walk by him like "Dude, please don't think i care". It was like he was not even there. I think in Boston he might be fine because he's working now for Rivers, the players already know him, and they are a very veteran bunch already set in their ways. A new team? Star heavy? I don't like it.

Keep D'Antoni, bring in a good assistant. Then in a year go talk to Doc Rivers unless things are 100% better. THAT makes sense to me.

NBA Superstar

It's time.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Why can't they just get rid of Pringles??

The End Is Near

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Leon Smith

I thought the consensus was always that Keuster was the mastermind behind their defense?

And so the filling of 5 months of offseason news with made up rumors and speculation, by the New York Post and New York Daily News, begins.

I better run and get that paper right away. Tell me more, Isola!
    Last edited by bagelred; 04-29-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    No, he's total opposite of Frank. D'Antoni's players play for him hard. Remember when Amare and Diaw got suspended? The role players busted ass to win that game. He's just not prepared. I used to think he didn't stress defense enough but that isn't it - he's not able to make pre game and in game adjustments that other coaches do. He's very slow to react. The Knicks play hard but have no good core philosophy on defense. Effort doesn't work when every mistake leads to a hoop because there is no help strategy.

Lawrence Frank is the opposite. He makes fantastic adjustments, specifically pre game. I think you can argue pre game he makes better game plans than most coaches. but the Nets played for him like he was not even there. They'd suck, he'd be yelling at them and they'd walk by him like "Dude, please don't think i care". It was like he was not even there. I think in Boston he might be fine because he's working now for Rivers, the players already know him, and they are a very veteran bunch already set in their ways. A new team? Star heavy? I don't like it.

Keep D'Antoni, bring in a good assistant. Then in a year go talk to Doc Rivers unless things are 100% better. THAT makes sense to me.
    Did you watch the Knicks this season ?
    In many games they have played like they don't care.
    I remember them playing hard only against tough opponents like the Celtics,Heat or something like that.When shitty teams come to town they often show no hustle,no will,no energy.

I would give a shot to D'Antoni with a good defensive assistant for next season.
    But if we continue to fail against smaller teams and play good but without result against good teams then he needs to go.
    Last edited by Clutch; 04-29-2011 at 10:35 AM.

I am your soldier!

Fire D'antoni, hire Adelman.

I don't understand the concept of Knicks "trying" to bring a defensive-minded assistant. D'Antoni is just a employee, all the Knicks have to do is hire one and tell D'Antoni to use him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    I don't understand the concept of Knicks "trying" to bring a defensive-minded assistant. D'Antoni is just a employee, all the Knicks have to do is hire one and tell D'Antoni to use him.
    And what if D'Antoni says no?

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    And what if D'Antoni says no?
    Walsh probably won't give him the extra year to take away his lame duck status, and he'll have another strike against him for when they finally get to the decision of whether to fire him or not. Considering how much he gets paid in NY i'd think he wouldn't want out to go somewhere else.

Walsh probably won't give him the extra year to take away his lame duck status, and he'll have another strike against him for when they finally get to the decision of whether to fire him or not. Considering how much he gets paid in NY i'd think he wouldn't want out to go somewhere else.
    I think he would still get his money even if he gets fired.

Also I think even D'Antoni knows he won't be here after next season.
    Nothing is 100% sure but I'm pretty confident he won't be here in 2012-2013 season.

Yeah, I was just making a point. You really don't want to force an assistant coach down the head coach's throat. D'antoni is not just an "employee". He's not an office clerk. He's your $5 million a year Head Coach.

I believe MDA will be here one more year. No extension. But I'm not convinced he will definitely be gone after that.

KoLebRose fans r funny Durantula35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    mike brown + mike dantoni

That would be a good combo though.