Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

AI just looks more selfish bec he brings the ball a lot in denver and all of his shots come from dribble penetration and looks for his shot by himself while kobe usually gets the ball already in scoring position and closer to the basket

NBA lottery pick

AI is a Selfish SOB. he has carmelo anthony the best young scorer in the league and still plays like a selfish SOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Kobe demanded that Shaq go from what I know. Where's the agenda? That Kobe doesn't live up to the hype?
    Kobe doesn't live up to the Hype, he just got an MVP award what more do you want? A championship? Stay tuned.

Exclamation Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

I think Allen Iverson is just used to HAVING to be the ONLY offensive force on a team, and having the ball run through him, as oppose to having a few options, like 'Melo, dishing down low to K-mart, or j.r. smith...

Kobe just likes to score I think...why in the hell else would he put up 81 points in one game? instead of like trying for 25 assists or something lol

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    AI is a Selfish SOB. he has carmelo anthony the best young scorer in the league and still plays like a selfish SOB.
    Funny how Melo still averages the same number of points as AI

Not airballing my layups anymore

Really the only difference is that Kobe Bryant has proven he can be the number 1 or 2 scoring threat on a team and have that team still be very successful (LA 3-peat, last year). Allen Iverson has proven he can put up a lot of points but he really hasn't won much other than the year he took Philly to the Finals.

After Kobe scored 81,

AI said "I'm going for 100"

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

I look at the results at the end of the day....Kobe is way better then AI....
    The guy who made this thread needs to watch more kobe games before making this thread...he says he hasnt watched kobe a lot..how the hell he can make the comparisons then?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

he just got an MVP award
    Because of the hype. He didn't deserve it. Had the best talent and coach in the league around him.

what more do you want? A championship?
    That would be a start if you're going to keep calling him hands down the best player on the planet(LMAO!) or comparing him with MJ.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Because of the hype. He didn't deserve it. Had the best talent and coach in the league around him.
    AI had Carmelo, Camby and still couldnt get out of 1st round....what are u talking about

That would be a start if you're going to keep calling him hands down the best player on the planet(LMAO!) or comparing him with MJ.
    Dont argue for the sake of arguing....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

AI had Carmelo, Camby and still couldnt get out of 1st round....what are u talking about
    First AI doesn't live up to the hype either. Second, no one calls him the greatest or compares him to MJ. Third Karl isn't Phil. Third Carmelo is even more overrated than both of them put together.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    Funny how Melo still averages the same number of points as AI
    It's sad. melo should be averaging lot more. the offense should be run through him. but all we see is AI chucking and over dribbling the rock. if anthing, melo has regressed playing with AI.

Not airballing my layups anymore

First AI doesn't live up to the hype either. Second, no one calls him the greatest or compares him to MJ. Third Karl isn't Phil. Third Carmelo is even more overrated than both of them put together.
    Carmelo is not overrated. If anything he's underrated because most people don't realize how talented this guy is. Back in 2003 or whenever he was a rookie people some of the experts thought he might be better than LeBron when it's all said and done. Obviously that probably won't come true, but still. The problem with Carmelo is that he doesn't have his head screwed. He has all the makings of a great player, but he just hasn't been able to put it together. Natural talent + hard worker + great fundamentals = great player
    My guess is he'll eventually figure it out. When it happens is anyone's guess.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

[QUOTE=BigJake

Root Of All Evil

I don't think either of them are selfish.