Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dan Gilbert's open letter to Cavs fans

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    So is this guy going to ship Mo and Jamison to the Lakers for peanuts?
    WOW, I read every single word of this and it got me suped. DOWN WITH LEBRON!!! Where are the cowardly Lebron lovers tonight? Oh yeah drunk and partying. Yeah how does it feel guys to root for a spineless scumbucket?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Who are you? What is your team? What right do you have to tell Cleveland fans how to act after this kind of debacle?

Of course we are upset... Of course we are hurt.

This was devastating and we have a right to be p!ssed.
    Derka on here riding the coat tails of hate tonight. Not getting his game.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Hotshoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellcu
    LOL @ posters in this thread criticizing a billionaire on how he handles his business affairs. Get a clue. He is one of the very few people in the world that actually is able to express himself honestly, and you guys are calling him out for it? Most of you just don't get it...
    Answer me this has Dan ever called any of the players he has traded before the trade and expressed his regret?

Comic Sans

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I can't take a letter written in Comic Sans seriously. What are we, in 2nd grade?

Dunking on everybody in the park Court Vision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    Again...you are talking about a franchise that has sold out for the last 5 years, appeared in 2 ECF, 1 NBA Finals, and has the best record in the league for 2 straight years. Take all the stabs at our city, our weather, and our lack of championships, but this is hardly an incompetent franchise.

Seriously. Just go to bed.
    You should go to bed or grab a drink.

All of those accomplishments come thanks to one man, and one lucky ping pong ball.

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    Not cool to kick a fan base when they're down like this. I have no problem with Lebron's decision but Cavs fans are obviously upset right now.
    I kicked that franchise when they won the most games the last two seasons and will continue to kick them.

I got kicked during the doldrum years as a Boston fan before KG and Ray came through our door. I got kicked as a Red Sox fan, Bruins fan and Patriots fan for a long-ass time.

Kick them I shall, especially over such irrational anger.

Banned

im pretty sure he ll think about all the people who hate on him... when partying with his friends on a private beach in miami

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

This makes Cleveland look like even bigger losers than they are today. Pathetic stuff from Gilbert.
    Last edited by Indian guy; 07-09-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

And the thing is, the benefit of the doubt will be given to LeBron only so long. As of today, a great majority of the media acts like its the Cavs fault for LeBron not winning anything when its nothing of the such to Gilbert. Particularly after LeBron quit in Game 5. Something you punk mothf*ckas wanna keep missing over.

So now, not only does LeBron leave, he goes to a team where his weaknesses will be forever camaflouged over, regulating the Cavs as the brander of the scarlet letter while LeBron ring-chases behind Wade's ass.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    He faced them ON TV. He didn't have to show up on camera and explain WHY he was leaving the cavs. He could have released a press statement and hid from the cameras. He knew he was going to get backlash, and he went up and answered questions.

I mean seriously, if he doesn't do a press conference, he would get killed for being a coward and hiding. He goes in front of cameras, and you kill him for being a coward. THERE'S NO WAY TO AVOID THE BACKLASH.
    You cannot be serious. This was the most excruciating two weeks in my life as a sports fan. He purposely made this thing as grandiose as possible and then failed to show a shred of genuine, human emotion during that farce of a Q&A following the decision.

What is your point? So he said he would bring a ring to the cavs (brought them to the finals on his own in the process), and you want to crucify him for that?
    I personally don't want to crucify him for anything. If you want to know my feelings on the matter just read the "Dear Cleveland Cavaliers Fans" thread in the Cleveland Cavaliers forum that I created. But I do feel he backed out of his word, which just tarnishes his image in my eyes for me personally.

Local High School Star

He faced them ON TV. He didn't have to show up on camera and explain WHY he was leaving the cavs. He could have released a press statement and hid from the cameras. He knew he was going to get backlash, and he went up and answered questions.

I mean seriously, if he doesn't do a press conference, he would get killed for being a coward and hiding. He goes in front of cameras, and you kill him for being a coward. THERE'S NO WAY TO AVOID THE BACKLASH.
    It was the spectacle of buildup. The right way was to not invite anyone and appear on local news and talk to Clevelanders. None of you outside of Cleveland understand the relationship that exists, so people are going to be upset. He held his hometown hostage by signing limited-year contracts and by making us wait. No way to back him up on this. It was not the right way to handle it.

Local High School Star

He faced them ON TV

Wow... so classy and courageous to inform your team that you're not coming back on television -- thousands miles away in Greenwich, CT no-less

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Hotshoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    It was the spectacle of buildup. The right way was to not invite anyone and appear on local news and talk to Clevelanders. None of you outside of Cleveland understand the relationship that exists, so people are going to be upset. He held his hometown hostage by signing limited-year contracts and by making us wait. No way to back him up on this. It was not the right way to handle it.
    Lets say Lebron got injured or was a bust you don't think the Cavs would have traded him in a heart beat, while he was in vacation without consulting him. But however a player cannot do the same thing to the team?