Default Re: #43 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

ray fukin allen

GP

Elvin Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You do know that most people in these things who change their minds....do so because they are given new information right? Its a lack of knowledge that makes people so easily swayed. When you know enough to have an informed opinion...there are less new facts to sway you.

I am not swayed because virtually nobody here can tell me anything I dont know. Not because im smarter than anyone. Because this is something I care about and I am an obsessive person. I sit around reading articles from 1974 basketball....because it interests me.

I have too much information on these subjects to be impressed with the facts you can give me. Its not being closed minded. Its having an informed opinion to begin with.
    Why bother?.

You're debating with a person who ranks Gary Payton and Kevin Johnson about 30 spots higher than anyone else and thinks you're the one being close-minded.

GP20 would rather stay uninformed and claim superiority than learn or discuss anything.

He's the type pf person who talks about how great his own threads are and how much people respect him.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Gary Payton

An Icon Forever

Elvin Hayes

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

McAdoo Or Hayes...McAdoo Changed the CF Spot Forever as a Pure Shooter and he was also a Solid Rebounder and Defender

I have too much information on these subjects to be impressed with the facts you can give me. .
    Basically "I already know everything so I will never change my mind". Enough said textbook definition of close-minded. Don't need to say much else. What you don't know is it's not about the information you have, it is about how you think about the information you have. New theories and higher level of truths generally don't arise from new information, they arise from the way you look at old information.

But why am I bothering with someone so close-minded. As for the idiotic poster who called me close-minded: I at one time did not rank KJ Top 100. After debating with a certain poster, I rank him Top 40 and firmly believe it. Yep I'm close-minded lol.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

If you bump him from 100 to 40....its because you got new information. Meaning...you didnt know shit to begin with and the new information changed your mind. Are there people who know more about these subjects than me? sure. Ive seen no evidence you are one of them.

"Higher level of truth"? Get the **** outta here. What kind of person even says that? This is basketball homie.

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20
    Basically "I already know everything so I will never change my mind". Enough said textbook definition of close-minded. Don't need to say much else. What you don't know is it's not about the information you have, it is about how you think about the information you have. New theories and higher level of truths generally don't arise from new information, they arise from the way you look at old information.

But why am I bothering with someone so close-minded. As for the idiotic poster who called me close-minded: I at one time did not rank KJ Top 100. After debating with a certain poster, I rank him Top 40 and firmly believe it. Yep I'm close-minded lol.
    So one poster made him jump 60 spots in your mind?

I want him to be my lawyer if I get in trouble for anything. He can make the judge believe anything.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Payton

If you bump him from 100 to 40....its because you got new information. Meaning...you didnt know shit to begin with and the new information changed your mind. Are there people who know more about these subjects than me? sure. Ive seen no evidence you are one of them.
    Aite so you know as much about Payton as me? Typical Kblaze ignorance. I know you're reply, "I know everything I need to know to blah blah blah". And that is also the typical ignorant reply. There is so much you are missing, your approach of "MVPs" and "I saw him play here and there" is too simplistic.

"Higher level of truth"? Get the **** outta here. What kind of person even says that? This is basketball homie.
    ? Its often the case 2 people will watch 2 players and have different opinions of who is greater. They both have the same information, but its their thinking that determines who is greater in their mind. KBlaze, you "say" you have information, but it is your reasoning that dooms you.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Dooms me to what? You not agreeing with me? Have I ever given any impression that I want our opinions to sync up? You arent someone id like to agree with me.

I dont think we discuss basketball for the same reasons. I knew that once you told me something along the lines of opinions being poor arguments because all it takes is an opposing one and its "gone".

And that isnt basketball talk to me. Thats what people who want to argue more than talk ball made internet forums into. I talk about basketball here because it makes fans of basketball available to talk to 24/7. I dont care who wins a poll. Ive not even voted. I just point out what I feel are poorly made arguments or ones I agree with. Ive not voted in these things in a long time.

hell I didnt vote when I was in GOATS top forwards/guards thing and running it for a while. Its the basketball that interest me. Not what might convince a 22 year old who is right about what happened when they were 7.

I saw it. I know what happened. My opinion on it is not going to be modified 20 years later by the presentation of information ive had for decades.

If Gary Payton were elite all time id have noticed it when I watched him all the time in his prime. What am I gonna see more clearly 15 years later? Some numbers?

Dude is gone. There is no information to add. Folder complete and sealed. And frankly his place in history is only going to get worse and worse because he did nothing to set himself apart and elite players keep coming along.

Guys who were arguably the best player in the league get disregarded after doing a hell of a lot more than Gary Payton.

Paul Arizin

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Paul Arizin
    changed your opinion on Hayes?