Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    I usually hit open layups dashoebox's Avatar

Default Re: Poor Blake Griffin

i'm gonna say what everyone else has been saying before me, but i have to say it to get it off my chest. Clippers will become a powerhouse in the West if ONLY they get rid of dunlevy. that guy is killing the team and doesn't know how to run a good team. he doesn't play to his players strengths. baron needs to be able to run free on the court, but dunlevy holds him back. so get rid of dunlevy and the clips become a playoff contender.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

LoL first of id lick to give a +1 to wang.. he owned plowking there .....

its a good day to be a clipps fan.. kinda thinkin that they somehow got the 1st pick because elton brand f#ck them hahahahaha..... anyway clipps should be thankful to stern

but its a pretty tough decision right now.. knowing dunleavy... and the clippers org..

its just a matter of making the right moves.. clippers can actually make it to the playoffs this year..

ooopppss it has been said last year that they can but they suck oh well...

dunleavy

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I can see minor similarities, but overall a poor comparison. Beasley is far more athletic and a more natural scorer. I see much more potential defensively with Beasley, and you can't even mention them in the same sentence at the same age.

People need to realise that Beasley would have averaged 20 and 8 given 35 minutes a night. He is a special offensive talent.

the Heat organisation are developing him into a winning ball player, a luxury Jamison didnt get at GSW.
    I don't actually disagree with you about Beasley, but I just wanted to point out that Jamison was actually pretty athletic back in the day, and would have actually been in the dunk contest the year Carter, McGrady, and Francis were in it if it weren't for an injury. Even now, he's not super athletic, but he can still get up there pretty well when he does dunk, and he's a very quick leaper.

As far as Beasley's defense, I just don't see the physical tools there for him to really be much more than adequate. Even if he had one of those hyper-intense playing styles that most great defenders have, he's always going to be shorter and less muscular than most other power forwards. I mean, can you imagine him having to check Gasol and Odom if the Heat played the Lakers in the Finals? By the way, that's actually what I liked so much about having Marion on the team next to him; Marion could guard whichever forward was going to be the best scorer, leaving Beasley to kind of coast by guarding a less aggressive scorer.

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

terrible scenario for Blake. Hopefully he will be asked to be traded to the Bulls. Bulls will be glad to have him.

TT, Deng, kirk and 2 future first rounders for Blake Griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by beau_boy04
    terrible scenario for Blake. Hopefully he will be asked to be traded to the Bulls. Bulls will be glad to have him.

TT, Deng, kirk and 2 future first rounders for Blake Griffin.

Wow all of that for blake? He isnt wilt chamberlin or michael jordan ya know.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    Wow all of that for blake? He isnt wilt chamberlin or michael jordan ya know.
    Maybe TT is Tim Thomas.

Saw a basketball once illastrate's Avatar

How many of you even watch the Clippers and not just base everything on reputation or what the media spews? Dumbleavy is definitely a problem, but he's on thin ice to produce results this year or else get axed. Kaman and/or Z-Bo will get traded to make room for Blake. There's also the MLE to sign a good player for depth. You look at the Clips starting lineup:

PG - Baron
    SG - Gordon
    SF - Thornton
    PF - Griffin
    C - Camby

With young talents such as Mike Taylor and DeAndre Jordan on the bench, this team has the talent to go places. With the proper coaching, they'll be there. Had the Kings or Grizzlies won the lottery, some think that'd be a "better" situation for him? Really? I don't see how either of those rosters are better than this current Clipper roster, but of course you can relive the King's Bibby/Webber/Vlade or Grizz' Gasol/Miller/JWill years to make yourself feel better. What about the Wizards? You wanna talk about logjam? Griffin wouldn't even touch the ball with their top 3 scorers avg. 70pts per game.

This is a blatant case of the Clippers' reputation preceding itself. Anybody who has followed the team this decade could see the culture of the franchise has changed for the better.

Last edited by illastrate; 06-05-2009 at 04:34 AM.