Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Default Re: Are You Disgusted By Fat People?

I hate them simply. Waste of space and resources of our planet that we will badly need in the next century.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    Your whole post was condescending. You came off like you think you're better than others who don't share your same viewpoint, and it reeked of ignorance. Being a judgmental prick towards people you don't know makes you come off as an alpha male fratbro caveman type. Some people come home from a stressful job and want to relax and watching TV can be relaxing to those people. Going to the gym could add more stress. Or maybe they're too busy. Maybe they find going to the gym too boring. Or maybe they have better things to do. Maybe they don't care to impress people by going to the gym. Etc...
    Maybe you felt my post was condescending, but at least I actually addressed the topic and made points rather than result to petty insults without any clarification or presentation of your own argument to the subject.

As far as being a judgmental prick- that is ironic as Hell considering your one-liner to me in your first response. You don't know me or anything about me, yet you felt confident enough to respond in the manner that you did. That's as judgmental as it gets.

If you've got time for TV, you've got time for the gym. Being too busy is really not an acceptable excuse for most of the people I know. Most of the excuses are really just that- convenient reasons that people use to justify to themselves that what they're doing (or not doing) is ok.

The gym is only boring when you're doing something you don't want to be doing. You don't have to just lift weights, just run on the treadmill, just go swimming- there are a plethora of options out there that can help keep yourself in reasonable shape. It's not like I'm saying everybody has to be Lance Armstrong or LeBron James, lol.

And as far as impressing people? I think that's a terrible reason to go to the gym. You should go because you want to better yourself and be healthy. Once you start making improvements (whether it's lifting more weight, running faster on the treadmill, making better times on your laps, etc), it's rewarding and you really start to enjoy it (This has been my personal experience with people who start going to the gym and actually stick to it past the first week or two). But it takes willpower to fight through the soreness, pain, and getting accustomed to that lifestyle. That's why I say it is a sign of weakness, because a lot of people quit because it is too "hard."

And if you don't want to go to the gym, fine. You don't have to go to the gym to lose weight and lead a healthier lifestyle. Instead of buying a bunch of junkfood and other bad food, make healthier choices. Diet is the most important part in terms of losing weight. If you want to lose weight, you have to burn more than you consume- law of thermodynamics. As long as you follow that, you will lose weight.

As far as the gym adding more stress? How? Most of the people I know always talk about the gym being a stress reliever. They get to go and get out their frustrations for the day- they get exhausted and sleep through the night. Whether it's lifting weights, doing work on the punching bag, running a few miles, or whatever else.

That is different than what you said in your other post. We all have weaknesses in our own ways, so I'd at least hope you're not looking down upon these people. It can be quite difficult to dramatically change your lifestyle. It may appear easy to you if you've been doing it for a long time, but for those that haven't it can be a daunting task. Some people love going to the gym, many people hate it.
    As I said, there are a plethora of weaknesses out there. I'm sure I have plenty of signs that make people think I'm weak (it would be arrogant to think I don't). But I'll tell you what, everyday I am studying my ass off to get the best grades I can, I'm in the gym trying to get stronger, faster, etc, and I'm always trying to become a better person. If you don't learn something new or do something better everyday, then what are you doing? This thread was about fat people in particular- so that is what I am addressing. If you want to discuss any of the other weaknesses out there, I'm happy to discuss those as well.

It's not like I'm going around and turning my nose up at every fat person I see. I hold doors open for fat people just like I would a normal-sized person. I smile and give the courteous head nod to them like anybody else. I say please and thank you just like to anybody else. I don't treat them any differently.

And I completely agree that it isn't easy, but that's the point. If it's worth having, it probably isn't going to come easy. If you want to be a great athlete, engineer, doctor, lawyer, or anything else- you're going to have to work. And that takes willpower and determination. Just like changing yourself to become healthier and fit.

If you come off a certain way, then don't be surprised if someone calls you on it. What has been your experience? What has been so bad? Maybe you just completely lack tolerance.
    My experience has been precisely what I described in my original post. A plethora of excuses because they are too lazy/weak willed. I don't know a single person who has been overweight and decided to make the change that wasn't happy about it.

I am extremely tolerant. Like I've said, I do not ridicule overweight people who I am around. I love bringing people to the gym and helping them find enjoyment in working out. It's not like I'm saying all of this and unwilling to help. One of my roommates just started going to the gym with me and my other roommate. We work around all of our schedules (I'm taking 18 hours and doing club volleyball this semester, one is taking 15, and the other just graduated grad school and works in a research lab. All of that doesn't include our hours of study time) in order to go to the gym. If we can work around 3 schedules that are as hectic and sporadic as that, then I can't imagine that the majority of overweight people cannot find 30 minutes to one hour a few times a week (this doesn't make it so- just my experience). And after all of that, we still find time to watch an episode of something almost everyday (since you brought up wanting to watch TV). It's all about time management.

My point with that last paragraph is basically this- if you really want to do something, then you will find time to do it. You just have to be smart and take a practical approach to it. Say you're working, you have kids, a wife, etc. Ok, maybe you can only go a couple of times a week- but does that mean you can't make healthier food choices? Make it a family affair and you guys can all do something active together.

Working out and being healthy makes tying your shoes easier? You act like those routine things are all that difficult. None of that is a problem until you start hitting the dangerous amounts of overweight.
    They aren't that difficult, but they become more and more difficult the more unhealthy you are. Being healthy and working out makes them easier is what I said- not that they are extremely demanding tasks.

I'm not sure what you're saying by dangerous amount of weight? We are taking about fat people, not somebody who has 20 lbs to shed.

National High School Star

There should be a fat tax. And/or food should be charged by the calorie. $1 a calorie. A 1000 calorie meal should be $10. Would make that 250 calorie salad that much more affordable. Hate that a salad is like $6 bucks. It's ridiculous.

I think fat people are pathetic, but it is up to the government to change people. People are sheep, they can't do it themselves.

Fatness is a by product of the American lifestyle.

They have P.E at school. They should make P.E mandatory in the adult world too. Everyone at the company should have to play a sport or something together.

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    Lol, thank you for actually commenting back on your perspective and why! And not just making some condescending statement because you don't agree, lol.

This thread is asking about whether or not fat people disgust you and why- that's what I did. I didn't ask anybody else to agree with me or state my opinion as fact. That is simply my opinion based off of my experience in interacting with fat people.

Perhaps I was too aggressive in my post. I have plenty of overweight friends and no, I don't ridicule them at all. However, when people are overweight and then complain about being such, yet do nothing to change it? Then yes, I find that annoying and disgusting, because that is weak by the very definition of it. I've had people ask me to take them to the gym with me to start working out (both very skinny and overweight people)- I don't ridicule or belittle them at all. Everybody starts somewhere and if they are trying to make a positive change, then I will support them.

Not even taking the physical appearance into account, it isn't healthy.

Disagreeing with someone's opinion is ok, but actually debate the topic at hand and not simply resort to calling me names in a condescending manner as though you are the grand wise master and I am the young pupil, lol. Like I said, maybe I came on too aggressively about it- my experience has just been overwhelming in the way that I have described.

Just like you may think I'm stupid, ugly, fat, or whatever negative attributes you want to say- IDC. At the end of the day, you have to look and the mirror and be happy with yourself. It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks (aside from the people you care about, of course).

A fat person eating a Big Mac does concern me and actually does invade my space- when I am in a plane, on a bus, movie theater, or any of the other numerous amounts of places where spacing in cramped. They cost more- it costs more food to feed them, gas to get them from place to place, all of the health problems that come along with being fat, the wearing down of accessories (cars, chairs, beds, shoes, etc), more trash from the more food, etc etc. Their carbon footprint and economic footprint is bigger.

Fatness is a sign of weakness, just like smoking, or anything other unhealthy habit. I'm sure there are plenty of things about me that you and other people think is weak. That's ok- that is your opinion to have. I never said fatness was the absolute scale to judge whether someone is weak- however it is an aspect with which to gauge a certain kind of weakness. Just like I have a weakness for chocolate, so I have cut out buying Snickers and such (on the regular).

And it absolutely, 100%, affects their daily life. Going up stairs, getting out of bed, getting out of a chair, walking from place to place, picking things up, tying their shoes, moving things, etc. Working out and being healthy makes all of those things easier (just like smoking, drugs, etc affects your daily life).

There are plenty of fat people are driven academically and will be great in whatever field they choose. There are also plenty of in-shape people who are lazy in academics and horrible students. Those people are weak too.

A bunch of weaknesses are out there- I do not hold fatness as the one single greatest weakness in the world solely as a gauge for absolute weakness in a person. However, this thread is about fatness, so that is what I am discussing.
    fukk them fat fukks

got a neighbour that is a fat fukk.......always has his car running for 20 mins. before getting in and actualy driving the fukking car....have tons of lights and lamps turned on both night and day.......fat fukks only think about themselfes....never about other people or the environment.....and animals are only here on earth to be eaten........

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    Maybe you felt my post was condescending, but at least I actually addressed the topic and made points rather than result to petty insults without any clarification or presentation of your own argument to the subject.
    You want to pat yourself on the back for making a shitty post in a shitty thread? Bravo.

As far as being a judgmental prick- that is ironic as Hell considering your one-liner to me in your first response. You don't know me or anything about me, yet you felt confident enough to respond in the manner that you did. That's as judgmental as it gets.
    I responded to the content of your post. I saw ignorance and lazy generalizations and commented on it. You seemed to talk like you were acting all high and mighty about yourself there, so I thought I'd try to bring you back to reality a bit. I was calling a spade a spade. If you act delusional and childish then don't be surprised if someone calls you delusional and childish. That's as judgmental as it gets? Are you kidding me? If someone is acting like an ass and you call them an ass, then you're as judgmental as it gets?

If you've got time for TV, you've got time for the gym.
    As I stated, many people find TV relaxing while they find going to the gym stressful. Also, there's plenty of things that can get in the way of going to the gym that aren't a problem for watching TV (maybe they have kids they have to watch, maybe they share a car with their spouse, maybe the gym is out of the way and a hassle to get to, etc...). There are other reasons and there's some who just flat out don't care.

Being too busy is really not an acceptable excuse for most of the people I know. Most of the excuses are really just that- convenient reasons that people use to justify to themselves that what they're doing (or not doing) is ok.
    Well, maybe they have different priorities than you do.

As far as the gym adding more stress? How? Most of the people I know always talk about the gym being a stress reliever. They get to go and get out their frustrations for the day- they get exhausted and sleep through the night. Whether it's lifting weights, doing work on the punching bag, running a few miles, or whatever else.
    Do you understand that not all people are the same?

As I said, there are a plethora of weaknesses out there. I'm sure I have plenty of signs that make people think I'm weak (it would be arrogant to think I don't).
    A lack of tolerance is a fairly big weakness.

It's not like I'm going around and turning my nose up at every fat person I see. I hold doors open for fat people just like I would a normal-sized person. I smile and give the courteous head nod to them like anybody else. I say please and thank you just like to anybody else. I don't treat them any differently.
    So, you just put them down behind their backs? Make fun of them with friends/gym buddies? What I got from your post was that you look at overweight people with disdain and you think you're better than them. Ever heard of empathy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    You want to pat yourself on the back for making a shitty post in a shitty thread? Bravo.

I responded to the content of your post. I saw ignorance and lazy generalizations and commented on it. You seemed to talk like you were acting all high and mighty about yourself there, so I thought I'd try to bring you back to reality a bit. I was calling a spade a spade. If you act delusional and childish then don't be surprised if someone calls you delusional and childish. That's as judgmental as it gets? Are you kidding me? If someone is acting like an ass and you call them an ass, then you're as judgmental as it gets?

As I stated, many people find TV relaxing while they find going to the gym stressful. Also, there's plenty of things that can get in the way of going to the gym that aren't a problem for watching TV (maybe they have kids they have to watch, maybe they share a car with their spouse, maybe the gym is out of the way and a hassle to get to, etc...). There are other reasons and there's some who just flat out don't care.

Well, maybe they have different priorities than you do.

Do you understand that not all people are the same?

A lack of tolerance is a fairly big weakness.

So, you just put them down behind their backs? Make fun of them with friends/gym buddies? What I got from your post was that you look at overweight people with disdain and you think you're better than them. Ever heard of empathy?
    If they are such terrible shape thats its destroying their health nothing else should matter. Being healthy should be everyones number one priority you can comprise for it if your already in good shape but if your so fat thats its killing you drop everything and worry about getting in shape.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I'm not. Fat people are just fat people. People just like you and me. Are they lazy, perhaps. Or maybe they have a medical condition. Maybe it's just genetics their family is big. Who cares. What disgust me more are celebrities and the so called "pretty" people that are the ugliest people you will ever meet.

usually, especially if they keep eating junk food.

Bump.

I wouldn't say I'm disgusted by them, but I have noticed that most fat people are slobs in everything. My wife's brother and his wife are both fat. They never clean anything, dishes get piled in their sink for weeks, they rarely take out the trash, and it seems like every tv "event" is a reason to order pizza or bring home fast food. It could be a simple Big Bang Theory marathon and there they'll be shoving pizzas down their throat while drinking whole bottles of Pepsi.

And it seems like they're always annoyed when they see me exercise or hear me talking about exercising. They avoid the topic like it's HIV.

I'm sorry but fat people truly are lazy. You can say, "You can't judge a person by their appearance," but you can in this case. You can tell a person's health isn't a true concern when they're fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Bump.

I wouldn't say I'm disgusted by them, but I have noticed that most fat people are slobs in everything. My wife's brother and his wife are both fat. They never clean anything, dishes get piled in their sink for weeks, they rarely take out the trash, and it seems like every tv "event" is a reason to order pizza or bring home fast food. It could be a simple Big Bang Theory marathon and there they'll be shoving pizzas down their throat while drinking whole bottles of Pepsi.

And it seems like they're always annoyed when they see me exercise or hear me talking about exercising. They avoid the topic like it's HIV.

I'm sorry but fat people truly are lazy. You can say, "You can't judge a person by their appearance," but you can in this case. You can tell a person's health isn't a true concern when they're fat.
    this is wrong. I have a friend who trains like a madman, eats somewhat healthy, runs almost everyday, had a few professional boxing fights and he is still somewhat chubby. Not exactly fat but far from being ripped. Genetics play a huge role in your appearance.

Just like there is skinny or ripped guys that never train and eat junkfood everyday