Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Default If the Cavs can get and stay healthy they're going to nearly sweep the playoffs

Bookmark this shit.

Default Re: If the Cavs can get and stay healthy they're going to nearly sweep the playoffs

No. They will sweep through the East as usual and than a West team emerges and puts them in their place.

Default Re: If the Cavs can get and stay healthy they're going to nearly sweep the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    No. They will sweep through the East as usual and than a West team emerges and puts them in their place.
    This

I think we can put this to bed with what happened last year, when a Cavs team missing 2/3 best players forced GSW to a 6 game series... I think we could also put it to bed when the Heat re-peated, and now this Cavaliers team is even better than that Heat team.... I don't understand how someone that works rationally elsewhere would spew this nonsense, explain Rafa fan

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Lebron ball will work until it fails against either Spurs or GSW

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I think we can put this to bed with what happened last year, when a Cavs team missing 2/3 best players forced GSW to a 6 game series... I think we could also put it to bed when the Heat re-peated, and now this Cavaliers team is even better than that Heat team.... I don't understand how someone that works rationally elsewhere would spew this nonsense, explain Rafa fan
    Losing Kyrie and Love made them slow the games down more. You honestly think Kyrie or Love do a better job defending the Warriors than their replacements? It allowed Delly and TT to get more minutes. Guess what? Those 2 were HUGE to get the Cavs up 2-1. They play a lot more D than Kyrie and Love, which was what was needed to 'muck' the game up and make the Warriors work for their points.

BTW, Rafa fckin lost today... to Fed. This is how I know he is done, losing to his personal punching bag

Losing Kyrie and Love made them slow the games down more. You honestly think Kyrie or Love do a better job defending the Warriors than their replacements? It allowed Delly and TT to get more minutes. Guess what? Those 2 were HUGE to get the Cavs up 2-1. They play a lot more D than Kyrie and Love, which was what was needed to 'muck' the game up and make the Warriors work for their points.

BTW, Rafa fckin lost today... to Fed. This is how I know he is done, losing to his personal punching bag
    It'll turn its ways once they meet in a Major

Those Delly and TT comments getting kinda old... TT hardly played in one of those games were Mozgov scored 26 something points, playing Love and Mozgov was always possible, and TT got plenty of time to play aswell, a role in which he works much better in. Delly's trash series after game 3 gets kind of forgotten it seems. He had a 20 point game 3 and that was it.

The guy scored 0 points in game 1, 5 in game 5, 1 in game 6.... isn't it kind of obvious that Kyrie with 20+ efficient points would be a world changer here? A Kyrie that already outplayed Curry in game 1? Cahmm onnnnnn....

Not buying it. Would look forward to a Cavs/GSW series this year, would change alot of people's minds. Although, I think we can already predict what would happen, people just have their mind set on things, because the LeBron dislike. So instead it would just represent last year's finals events even clearer.

False. The slowing down of the game had nothing to do with the defense. It was more about Cavs's offense. They were running isolations most of the game and were letting the shot clock run down. With Kyrie and Love, they could still do that. Actually, they were running lots of isolations during the season even when they had love and kyrie.

Also, the main reason why Warriors won was because they had a huge advantage when they went small ball. Cavs were forced to play scrubs like James Jones and Mike Miller instead of Mozgov. With Love, they would match up well with their small ball.

And Lebron got tired toward the end of the series for having to run the offense alone the whole game. WIth 2 other stars in Love and Kyrie, it wouldn't happen.

It'll turn its ways once they meet in a Major

Those Delly and TT comments getting kinda old... TT hardly played in one of those games were Mozgov scored 26 something points, playing Love and Mozgov was always possible, and TT got plenty of time to play aswell, a role in which he works much better in. Delly's trash series after game 3 gets kind of forgotten it seems. He had a 20 point game 3 and that was it.

The guy scored 0 points in game 1, 5 in game 5, 1 in game 6.... isn't it kind of obvious that Kyrie with 20+ efficient points would be a world changer here? A Kyrie that already outplayed Curry in game 1? Cahmm onnnnnn....

Not buying it. Would look forward to a Cavs/GSW series this year, would change alot of people's minds. Although, I think we can already predict what would happen, people just have their mind set on things, because the LeBron dislike. So instead it would just represent last year's finals events even clearer.
    They will never meet in a slam again... not with Rafa losing to other shmoes

Do you wonder why the Cavs didn't win again after game 3? It had a lot to do with Delly wearing down and he wasn't able to cover Curry anymore. They key to guarding Curry is to make him work and beat him up when he has to play D as well. Delly was not equipped to play that many mins.

Kyrie guarded him well, but is he known for his D? Do you think Curry doesn't heat up? I mean I guess Shump was there to guard him as well. But that leaves Kyrie to guard someone else who is prob a good offensive player as well.

The game when TT didn't play and mozgov scored 26? Didn't they get blown out? Or was that because Lebron had a poor game?

I don't think you have to worry about the Warriors this year, it seems like the best West team is gonna be healthy.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

only on ISH are the cavs a better team without Love and Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by nba_55
    False. The slowing down of the game had nothing to do with the defense. It was more about Cavs's offense. They were running isolations most of the game and were letting the shot clock run down. With Kyrie and Love, they could still do that. Actually, they were running lots of isolations during the season even when they had love and kyrie.

Also, the main reason why Warriors won was because they had a huge advantage when they went small ball. Cavs were forced to play scrubs like James Jones and Mike Miller instead of Mozgov. With Love, they would match up well with their small ball.

And Lebron got tired toward the end of the series for having to run the offense alone the whole game. WIth 2 other stars in Love and Kyrie, it wouldn't happen.
    I didn't say it was strictly because of the defense. Their offense became iso because they didn't have the 2 other guys. Kyrie and Love were a major part of their offense and losing them meant they had to go ISO heavy with Lebron. Also, putting Kyrie and Love on the floor meant the Warriors were gonna score more. It's crazy to think the Cavs would win 4 of the 7 shootouts with the Warriors. No one outshoots that team.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    only on ISH are the cavs a better team without Love and Kyrie.
    Only on defense.

They will never meet in a slam again... not with Rafa losing to other shmoes

Do you wonder why the Cavs didn't win again after game 3? It had a lot to do with Delly wearing down and he wasn't able to cover Curry anymore. They key to guarding Curry is to make him work and beat him up when he has to play D as well. Delly was not equipped to play that many mins.

Kyrie guarded him well, but is he known for his D? Do you think Curry doesn't heat up? I mean I guess Shump was there to guard him as well. But that leaves Kyrie to guard someone else who is prob a good offensive player as well.

The game when TT didn't play and mozgov scored 26? Didn't they get blown out? Or was that because Lebron had a poor game?

I don't think you have to worry about the Warriors this year, it seems like the best West team is gonna be healthy.
    Man EXACTLY.... how can you say that and still think they wouldn't be WAY better with a fresh Delly allowed to lock on Curry, and Kyrie giving Curry the BUSINESS like he did in game 1 (which ALSO is tiring)... the game Mozgov scored 26 in was a 1 possession game going into the 4th, and was also easily Bron's worst game of the series, again something that was BOUND to happen when he has to take 25+ shots, he would be nowhere near that level of exhaustion with Love and Kyrie offensively, he flamed out in alot of those 2nd halfs and 4th quarters... come on bro, its clear as shit.

Man EXACTLY.... how can you say that and still think they wouldn't be WAY better with a fresh Delly allowed to lock on Curry, and Kyrie giving Curry the BUSINESS like he did in game 1 (which ALSO is tiring)... the game Mozgov scored 26 in was a 1 possession game going into the 4th, and was also easily Bron's worst game of the series, again something that was BOUND to happen when he has to take 25+ shots, he would be nowhere near that level of exhaustion with Love and Kyrie offensively, he flamed out in alot of those 2nd halfs and 4th quarters... come on bro, its clear as shit.
    I just think it was the Warriors year. Believe me, I hate that team but they were clicking. They went down 1-2 in 2 rounds and didn't lose again.

I'm not saying the Warriors still win in 6. It likely goes 7 with a healthy team but the Warriors still win. Hard to lose game 7 in a crazy environment like that. This year it would be a diff result. JR with a diminished role can only be a good thing, a Knicks fan would know

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

No shit, sherlock.

They play in the phucking worst conference in NBA history.