Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Kill Bill Vassilis Spanoulis Can Come Back To NBA Next Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

http://www.sport24.gr/Basket/OmadesB...s.1943097.html

The Raptors Want Spanoulis

Strong rumors circulate in North America that the Toronto Raptors have their targets set on Vassilis Spanoulis!

According to rumors circulating in North America, The King is a goal of the Toronto Raptors, who are looking for a player with the same style of the Greek guard.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Why are you so happy about your favorite player playing in a, according to you, worse league?

I don't see this happening, might be wrong, but I hope it does happen. Zalgiris chances to win the group increases if Spanoulis goes, and it's and upgrade at pg for Raptors (the team i'll try to root again for this season) .

Banned

Spanoulis was too turnover prone and lacking in outside shooting touch to be a good fit in Van Gundy's offensive system design. Said Van Gundy about the situation: "(Spanoulis) says, 'I was [Tracy] McGrady back home.' Great. McGrady is McGrady here," .. "I feel badly for him. He feels he was misled. Frankly, he's been his own worst enemy in many ways. Some of it is excuses. His turnovers have been high; his fouls have been high; his shooting percentage has been low. I would rather anybody start out with self-evaluation

I rule the local playground

I think all the bases have been covered. I'll add this in though. HE SUCKS ASS.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    Euroleague, why be excited to see your favorite player return to "an inferior league", where he won't even be a sixth man? Also why would V-Span want that transfer if in the past he "didnt want" to play in the NBA.

Euroleague caught slippin'

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I see it kinds like Jasikevičius. If you can drop 20 something to beat team USA who always had world class guards...and your scoring isnt even the best aspect of your game...you can play NBA level ball. But who knows if the system will fit?

Carlos Arroyo destroyed team USA too. But a lot of these guys dont get the freedom over here. And with Calderon on the team already?

I wouldnt mind seeing him get a real shot. Im quite sure the best guards in the euroleague can play anywhere. But again....has to be the right situation.

Probably backing up on a shitty team without a lot of offensive talent? Might not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    I don't see this happening, might be wrong, but I hope it does happen. Zalgiris chances to win the group increases if Spanoulis goes, and it's and upgrade at pg for Raptors (the team i'll try to root again for this season) .
    They are talking about next season, as in 2013-14 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I see it kinds like Jasikevičius. If you can drop 20 something to beat team USA who always had world class guards...and your scoring isnt even the best aspect of your game...you can play NBA level ball. But who knows if the system will fit?

Carlos Arroyo destroyed team USA too. But a lot of these guys dont get the freedom over here. And with Calderon on the team already?

I wouldnt mind seeing him get a real shot. Im quite sure the best guards in the euroleague can play anywhere. But again....has to be the right situation.

Probably backing up on a shitty team without a lot of offensive talent? Might not be right.
    In Greek media they were talking about the Raptors want Spanoulis to replace Calderon after he leaves in free agency. So it would just be him and Lowry, or maybe they would trade Lowry (just speculating) because he should net them something good in a trade.

Or, they could trade Spanoulis. Once Spanoulis got decent playing time consistently, he would have excellent trade value also. I don't know, just speculating, but they were talking about him being a replacement for Calderon, not him and Calderon being on the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    Euroleague, why be excited to see your favorite player return to "an inferior league", where he won't even be a sixth man? Also why would V-Span want that transfer if in the past he "didnt want" to play in the NBA.
    Spanoulis always wanted to play in the NBA. He didn't want to play for Jeff Van Gundy. After Van Gundy got fired, he said he would have played for Adelman. He also said he would have played for Popovich, after he got traded to the Spurs.

He had to leave the NBA however at that time, due to personal family issues. So, if his family issues are resolved now (I'm not sure) then he would return to the NBA, "under the right situation", otherwise he would "stay with Olympiacos".

He's pretty much said that every time he gets asked about it in an interview.

Not airballing my layups anymore Sleu27's Avatar

maybe the LA Dfenders could use him

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Spanoulis always wanted to play in the NBA. He didn't want to play for Jeff Van Gundy. After Van Gundy got fired, he said he would have played for Adelman. He also said he would have played for Popovich, after he got traded to the Spurs.

He had to leave the NBA however at that time, due to personal family issues. So, if his family issues are resolved now (I'm not sure) then he would return to the NBA, "under the right situation", otherwise he would "stay with Olympiacos".

He's pretty much said that every time he gets asked about it in an interview.
    Spanoulis mom was begging JVG to give him minutes.

But the Turnover Machine is not man enough to earn it.

When Smush Parker was killing him. JVG has enough of that.

So he put Skip and Luther Head ahead of this scrub in his rotation.

Spanoulis' agent, Misko Raznatovic, was asked about this. He said that Spanoulis does not have an opinion about it yet, as he is just focused on the upcoming season.

So they are talking about the 2013-14 season. It is interesting though.......because in the past, whenever a team was said to be targeting Spanoulis, his agent would vehemently deny that Spanoulis would play for them, or that the team in question had actually contacted with him about it.

This time, no such denials came. That's very unusual for Spanoulis' agent.

So is anyone gonna sign this guy? Any NBA team going to take a chance? EL's been making threads annually about Spanoulis coming over, so when will it finally come true? The guy is 32, after all.

One more thing, why is EL so happy with Vspan coming over if the NBA is such a sh#tty league?
    Last edited by Dr.J4ever; 07-05-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Almost 2 years later...

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    So is anyone gonna sign this guy? Any NBA team going to take a chance? EL's been making threads annually about Spanoulis coming over, so when will it finally come true? The guy is 32, after all.

One more thing, why is EL so happy with Vspan coming over if the NBA is such a sh#tty league?
    Trolling aside, have you ever seen him play?