Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Greatest season by a player?

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    During '65-'66 season, Chamberlain averaged 28.5 ppg vs Thurmond in 9 head to head games, including games of 38 points, 45 points, & a 33 pt, 17 reb, 8 ast, 16 blk quadruple double. While Nate did hold him five points below his season average (33.5), remember that he was arguably the top defensive center in league history after Russell, and perhaps a better matchup for Wilt physically in the paint. When Nate was out with injury on March 3, 1966, the task of guarding Wilt fell on backup F/C Fred Hetzel, who was a strong rebounder and could hit the outside shot. Merely an average center, much like a good chunk of the NBA today. He managed to hold Wilt to 62 points & 37 rebounds.

Before anyone accuses him of padding his stats, this game was won by Chamberlain in the 4th quarter. Read recap below.

Hey Phila, did you find the FGA in this game?

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Can you quit making stuff up. 6'10 /= 7'. below 230 lbs /= 230+ lbs.
    No double teams. No triple teams. No advanced defensive schemes. Against weak short scrubs.
    And again why would I be mad if someone scored 100 against shorter weaker scrubs? Shaq would make Wilt his bitch if he played in this era

And how, might I ask, do you know any of this? Are you old enough to have watched basketball back when Wilt played? Did you go to watch the games and take notes about a lack of double teams and "advanced defensive schemes?" I doubt it. And if I am mistaken, please, enlighten us about the supposed defensive schemes that they didn't have back then.

And why do you still insist on perpetuating the asinine myth that Wilt only played against "weak short scrubs"? You've been proven wrong time and time again. In this thread alone, your arguments have been demolished multiple times, and yet you still insist on spewing blatant lies. You really think humanity has evolved to be significantly taller and heavier in just 40 years?

Can YOU quit making [COLOR="Black"]shit [/COLOR]up?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen

And how, might I ask, do you know any of this? Are you old enough to have watched basketball back when Wilt played? Did you go to watch the games and take notes about a lack of double teams and "advanced defensive schemes?" I doubt it. And if I am mistaken, please, enlighten us about the supposed defensive schemes that they didn't have back then.

And why do you still insist on perpetuating the asinine myth that Wilt only played against "weak short scrubs"? You've been proven wrong time and time again. In this thread alone, your arguments have been demolished multiple times, and yet you still insist on spewing blatant lies. You really think humanity has evolved to be significantly taller and heavier in just 40 years?

Can YOU quit making [COLOR="Black"]shit [/COLOR]up?

Where is the list of 7' 230+ lb players in Wilt's time that have played more than 2 seasons?
    So no I have not been "demolished"

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow

Where is the list of 7' 230+ lb players in Wilt's time that have played more than 2 seasons?
    So no I have not been "demolished"
    It's already been posted. Multiple times. In this thread.

And, according to your logic, if some of the players on that list don't exactly fit your unnecessarily precise specifications, even if they're only off by an inch or a few pounds, that immediately makes a "short weak scrub," is that right?

Hakeem Olajuwon wasn't even 7 feet. Neither is Dwight Howard, and they are two of the best centers, and players, of the past 20 years. Roy Hibbert, on the other hand, is 7'2", so why isn't he dominating the league?

BTW, you still haven't answered the questions from my other post.

Quote Originally Posted by PTB Fan
    Hey Phila, did you find the FGA in this game?
    No FGA or FTA.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    It's already been posted. Multiple times. In this thread.

And, according to your logic, if some of the players on that list don't exactly fit your unnecessarily precise specifications, even if they're only off by an inch or a few pounds, that immediately makes a "short weak scrub," is that right?

Hakeem Olajuwon wasn't even 7 feet. Neither is Dwight Howard, and they are two of the best centers, and players, of the past 20 years. Roy Hibbert, on the other hand, is 7'2", so why isn't he dominating the league?

BTW, you still haven't answered the questions from my other post.
    It's a weaker era of players and skills
    Go watch a video of that era. There's plenty.