Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Further I got was burning down this meth lab for the Oneil Brothers. Then I stopped there. I've been BS'ing free roaming. Going to the top of mountains and looking at views. Riding trains around Trevors area. I cant play as the other two yet as they are laying low. Been doing stocks, got burned twice and made some money in others.

I take auto aim off. I dont like locking onto the targets. Being able to free aim works for me and it will help you when multiplier drops. Improve your accuracy so you're not dependent on the lock. Plus I found I'll lock onto someone I dont when an enemy to my side is who I need to kill.

Would like more hip hop songs.
    Same here, I took that off on IV and Red Dead. A game is too easy when it locks on for you. I find manual aiming to be much more enjoyable and challenging.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Thanks, I really like all the symbols and emotes in your post, name, and title.
    Okay. And?

Home of the 16

The one that's circled green are the icon for convenience store.

Home of the 16

The camera view while flying then turning left/right is making me dizzy.
    Same thing with the Jet Ski.

I just bought a car online...if it gets destroyed, will it reappear in the garage? 145k is a lot...lol

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Golf and tennis aren't worth your time.

The tennis mode is laughably easy. I'm not sure it's possible to hit the net or out of bounds. All I did was aim in one direction, hit with full power every time, and I only lost 3 points in the entire match because I misplayed the net out of boredom.

Golf has some level of difficulty, but I feel it's accidental. Golf is a game of precision and the golf mini game lacks it. You connect two and two. Still finished 2 over par and I double bogeyed (hit the tee shot in a bs hazard) the 8th.

With golf I can see some appeal online with your buddies. Certainly none in the single player. I don't see any appeal for the tennis game. I wasn't expecting Tiger Woods and Top Spin anyhow, tho the additions feel cheapened. I wouldn't have thought about, missed, nor cared if it were never implemented.

Been messing around and it's solid. I didn't play much of IV, and I forgot most of what I did play, so V feels completely brand new to me. Only unlocked two characters thus far and the last mission I did was saving the white guy's wife from the police. Shortly before that was the stock market one (exploding phone).

Random thoughts:
    -I keep thinking r trigger is sprint... And have you always had to tap sprint to sprint? I feel like I'm playing NFL 2k5.
    -The auto aim is definitely cheap. Will turn it off tomorrow.
    -The driving is easy. Too easy? I can weave in and out of traffic at top speed with only minor scratches.
    -I'm so confused as to how to control a helicopter. I tried landing one on top of the bank building, I swear I did, I stepped out the door, and the chopper feel off the building and took my guy with it...
    -Still have yet to see an armored truck.

That's about it. I need to play more. Only put a couple hours into the game. How close am I to the third character?

You are a ways away. After you pull off the Jewel Heist is when you will see the third character which is what I'm on. And while playing Trevor you can't go back to the other two just yet because they are laying low. I can't say how many missions you are away from Trevor. But when you do the heist which takes planning and missions to gather stuff then you will know.

I see armor trucks a bit. Just drive around and if you see blue dots on ur radar go towards them. Usually means you can find an armored truck.

Haven't tried tennis or golf yet. Not expecting a game mode I get addicted too.

Anyone find getting the gold medal for the pistol at the gun range difficult? I've come close in two of the 3 challenges. 3rd challenge u need 20,000 score that will take me awhile.

Home of the 16

How many more missions til I get my Scuba gears? I'm still in the part where I gotta find [COLOR="White"]the weed stash & I just got done torturing that middle-eastern guy.[/COLOR]

Thank god I'm off til' January. I'm moving to Albuquerque this January. More free time for me

How does improving ur shooting skill work? Is it simply just shooting guns? Getting gold medals? In fact how do you improve skill. Just curious what it's based on. Like driving would be the amount of miles travelled? Stamina amount of miles running? Anyone know.

NBA Superstar

How does improving ur shooting skill work? Is it simply just shooting guns? Getting gold medals? In fact how do you improve skill. Just curious what it's based on. Like driving would be the amount of miles travelled? Stamina amount of miles running? Anyone know.
    I don't have much information on the exact standards required for skill increases. It seems like I receive boosts at pretty random moments. I'm guessing it has to be a semi-complicated equation in terms of what induces an upgrade. I've received stamina upgrades while sprinting, jogging, and swimming, for instance.

To touch on your previous topic as well, I was pretty rough in the shooting range. It was one of the first things I did in the game, so maybe I should return and give it another shot now. I changed my aiming target as well (the default one felt awfully small and I'd lose sight of it at times). I think I golded in at least one of the handgun categories, but with the second handgun, not the first. I'm not sure if it made a difference.

To improve shooting, go to the gun range.
    To improve flying, take the flying course near the airport.
    To improve driving, just drive fast anywhere without crashing. I'd recommend the roads leading out of LS and into Blaine County, more specifically the route to the far left that looks identical to Pacific Coast Highway.
    For stamina, just jog a lot, swim, and ride bicycles often.
    You have a stat category that boosts from swimming underwater. I can't recall the stat's name at the moment. Something to do with breathing, though.
    I haven't figured out the strength stat yet, though. Maybe from fighting a lot? If so, seems stupid because as soon as you knock out at least two people, cops start showing up in bunches, so I assume that stat would take the longest to improve.

If you guys have gotten to the infamous torture mission, read this post. If not, avoid this post.

Spoilers in white below:

[color=white]The torture mission is too much. It goes from awful to horrendous. You pull the guy's teeth out, smash his balls with a wrench, electrocute him with clamps on his nipples, and you water board him.
    People have been arguing that it's just mocking American society. That in our society, torture is common.
    If that's the case, how will people feel if R* make a rape mission? I mean, rape is more common in the USA than any other first world country. Would these same people be okay with that?
    Nah, I don't think so. What I do know is that I hate that mission. I wanted to skip it so badly but if you want to finish the game, you have no choice but to play it.
    Call me a pansy, call me a p*ssy, call me what you will. I just thought it was extremely discomforting to go through.
    If R*'s message was that torture is bad, and Trevor even says that it doesn't work to get messages out of people, they failed miserably. The guy starts spilling out his guts (almost literally) as Trevor tortures him, so I don't see how they can say, "Yeah, well, torture doesn't work."[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    To improve shooting, go to the gun range.
    To improve flying, take the flying course near the airport.
    To improve driving, just drive fast anywhere without crashing. I'd recommend the roads leading out of LS and into Blaine County, more specifically the route to the far left that looks identical to Pacific Coast Highway.
    For stamina, just jog a lot, swim, and ride bicycles often.
    You have a stat category that boosts from swimming underwater. I can't recall the stat's name at the moment. Something to do with breathing, though.
    I haven't figured out the strength stat yet, though. Maybe from fighting a lot? If so, seems stupid because as soon as you knock out at least two people, cops start showing up in bunches, so I assume that stat would take the longest to improve.
    I'm talking about maxing out your shooting ability. Is it a time limit to how much shooting you do on the game be it missions, gun range? Do you have to complete the challenges to all gold, all silver? I have about 3/4 of a bar left to max my shooting for all 3 characters. Just curious what else I need to do to fill it to the max.

Edit: I went to stats and skills and read. Landing shots on enemies, scoring headshots and completing challenges at Gun Range. So basically as I do missions and score headshots, kill enemies it'll fill up.
    Last edited by GOBB; 09-20-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Anyone find getting the gold medal for the pistol at the gun range difficult? I've come close in two of the 3 challenges. 3rd challenge u need 20,000 score that will take me awhile.
    You can use any of the 3 pistols to complete the pistol challenge, so the automatic one is your best bet. And if you get gold in every gun category (pistols, SMG, rifles etc) you get 20% off everything at ammu-nation, 15% if you get all silvers