Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Someone explain to me how Brook Lopez was a good pick at number 10?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Hey VC,

A couple things that might make you feel better.
    I was rewatching some of the draft and Bilas pointed out something interesting...

All of Brook's games last year were against either Pac-10 competition or in the NCAA tournament.

Again the Pac 10 was the best conference in basketball and aruably the best it has been ever.

5 of the top 11 picks were from the Pac-10
    12 players selected overall.

The other thing I find interesting is that Brook keeps talking about how he needs to play more like his brother Robin, which means tougher.

Sure he's a clown but I like this kid and his personality.
    Yeah I realize the Pac-10 is great for college but how many of those players drafted were big men, much less all-star level big men? He didn't play well against UCLA who had the big men who went the highest in the draft.

In Stanford's 3 games vs UCLA they went 0-3 and Brook averaged 15.3 ppg on just 36% shooting. His 9.0 rpg weren't even that impressive for 36 mpg but that shooting % is horrendous.

That's just why I'll be skeptical of him until he plays in the NBA. And other than the FG% which I've pointed out, his 8 rpg and 2 bpg were good but not dominant.

I just see a Chris Mihm type player and not the post player the Nets really need. If he can get tougher than this is a good pick but that remains to be seen.
    Last edited by VCMVP1551; 06-30-2008 at 07:53 PM.

I dont see how Lopez is like Mihm at all, except that they are not black.

Mihm is more of a mobile well rounded role player. In the NBA, Lopez will be used like a Diop with a bit more offense.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I dont see how Lopez is like Mihm at all, except that they are not black.

Mihm is more of a mobile well rounded role player. In the NBA, Lopez will be used like a Diop with a bit more offense.
    like diop? how in the world is he similar to diop?