Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Belmont is shooting the lights out against UNC. 41-34 at the half. UNC looks very mediocre.

I don't understand how Roy can recruit so many blue chip talents who can't shoot a lick. This was never a problem at Kansas.

9-28 free throw shooting in the first half. Are you kidding me? Everyone on Belmont can shoot and UNC has 1 player on the active roster who can make an open jumper

Last year had awful free throw shooting and, frankly, awful shooting outside of PJ and Reggie. Those two were just so good that the they bumped the percentages a good bit. 2 shooters on the entire roster is not a good thing.

Even in 2012, when he had arguably the best team in the country, was an overall poor shooting squad. You had Reggie and Barnes. Kendall somewhat before he broke his wrist, but that was only for a couple of weeks.

2011 and 2010 were statistically the worst perimeter shooting years in school history.

This is crazy. Seriously worried the Clemson streak ends this year. Nevermind making the tournament, at least salvage the record.

Ha. Lost to Belmont at home.

This team needs to be throw into the fire. Missed like 30 free throws. Couldn't even execute down the stretch with the lead. The thought of next season is the only thing keeping me from pulling out my hair. Berry, Jackson, and Pinson better be ready.

Damn it, PJ.

I knew we wouldn't look anything close to a top 15 or even top 25 team without our two best guards/wings and best player, but this team is incredibly hard to watch right now. How in the hell does a D1 wing, good enough to get a scholarship to UNC, shoot 4/16 from the FT line? I think I could manage to shoot 16 FTs in a game with my eyes closed and manage to make 4 of them.

The lack of talent on this team is incomprehensible. With under a minute in a one possession game, we actually had two walk-ons in the game. Two! I know for a fact that one of them wouldn't even get a look from Belmont. Probably both of them.

What happens? Somehow the only reliable ball handler in the game for UNC ends up away from the ball, and McAdoo and the walk-on post player (Simmons) had to figure out how to cross the timeline. Almost ended up in a turnover if it wasn't for that ridiculous save from Paige. Which, by the way, was one of the best individual plays from a UNC player I have seen a while.

Before the last shot from JP, UNC couldn't get a shot off in their final 3 possessions.

Terrible coaching and/or terrible execution down the stretch from a terribly untalented basketball team.

22/48 at the FT line. I'm still having hard time wrapping my head around just how embarrassingly terrible that is. How the f**k has UNC gone from arguably the best program in the nation to a team whose ceiling the last 5 seasons (counting this one) is the Sweet 16. And unless we get PJ and McDonald back, I'm not sure this team can win enough games to make the NIT.

Kentucky, Duke, and Kansas have taken off and left UNC and Roy in their dust. Michigan State and Louisville, too.

How would Kentucky look without Randle and Young, dook without Parker and Sulaimon, or Kansas without Wiggins and Selden? Because that's essentially what North Carolina is having to deal with right now. Kentucky only lost Noel and their season went to shit last year.

I knew we would be bad without PJ and McDonald. But there SHOULD be enough talent to beat Belmont at home, even without two of our best players. That is what has me worried. We seem to have 3 players on the entire team right now who can put the ball in the basket without being fed a wide open layup. Heck, we have guys who missed wide open layups in the last two games (James, Paige, and Britt). That's troubling and should never be a problem at a program like North Carolina.

Then again, it wasn't long when K went 8 seasons between championships, with only 1 of those 8 getting past the Sweet 16. Those are extremely underachieving statistics for nearly a decade. He "lucks" into 2010, lands the USA job, and suddenly he's back with a vengeance.

What drives me crazy is that Roy's highs are considerably high (2005, 2008, 2009, 2012) and his lows are remarkably low (2010, partly 2013, and probably 2014). Even game-by-game. Our good, bad, and even great teams get run out of the gym. dook, IU, FSU, KU, UNLV, Butler... Losing to Charleston and Belmont. Blowouts happen. I get it. Just don't remember them happening so frequently, regardless of how talented or untalented the UNC team is.

Ugh. I think we will have a favorite in 2016. Just will be two long years with all our competing programs happening to be on top their game in the meantime.

shabazz napier is flirting with triple doubles on a nightly basis now

21/4 with 8 steals for Jordan Adams. 8-12 from the field, 4-5 from three. Love this kid. Anderson with a decent 8/6/8 as well.

CSUN is a measley 1-2, Theus needs to get his first Div 1 victory already.

UC Irvine will pull a first round upset, if they win the BWT.

Parker was playing well, but in the last couple minutes he's been playing a little soft around the basket. Missed a few lay-ups around the basket on put backs.

E. Carolina dominating Duke inside. I can't see how Duke is a legit contender if they can't defend in the lane. MSU has had their problems defending the glass, but Duke is letting E. Carolina score on easy on chance opportunities as though it's a non-contact practice.

Parker with good defense (weak shot attempt tbh), gets the rebound, dribbles down the court showing some nice agility and then finishes with the big dunk. Looked like a video game. lol

Marcus Smart is putting on a scoring clinic. He has 24 points in just 9 minutes played.

embiid worst case scenario hibbert

Smart kid is kind of good. Well on his way to 40 against a very good Memphis backcourt. 5 steals and 2 blocks to boot.

Still my favorite player in college and I think his game translates very well to the NBA.