Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k14

Default Re: NBA 2k14

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Only difference I can tell with gameplay is the controls are changed...again

Plays like 2k13 to me. I got it because a couple buddies got it to play Crew mode. By the way as I type? Servers are down.

All I've done is blacktop (plays the same), team up and started My Player.
    I had it on Friday. You're spot on. The only thing I don't like is that they changed the controls....again.

Love Live Life

So is it work $65 or wait til Black Friday?

Can you block shots now in Blacktop and in the game?

The game is good. The defense and spacing is awesome, but the new controls are such a pain

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Did they make improvements in My Player?

Banned

i don't get why they changed the controls, i thought 2k13 was perfect.

I don't like the new controls

This is 2k13 with different controls and Euroleague. They clearly didn't care about this release and are using their resources on PS4/One. Just download new rosters on 2k13 and you're good. No new classic teams either
    Last edited by kNicKz; 10-01-2013 at 09:41 PM.

From what I've seen on youtube, the defense and contact animations look to be much improved. Still gonna wait for the PS4 version though.

Home of the 16

I always have my controls settings to default old 2k setup. I'm really used to it.

It seems like more people have been complaining about 2K14 than those praising it. Now I think my premature decision to either buy the game next year after a price drop or to just skip it altogether was actually great.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    It seems like more people have been complaining about 2K14 than those praising it. Now I think my premature decision to either buy the game next year after a price drop or to just skip it altogether was actually great.
    Yup!

I was just thinking bout getting it tomorrow but I'm gonna wait til Black Friday and get it for the $30.

I'm not gonna get the next gen til a year after they come out.

Yes you can block shots in team up, my player, exhibition, blacktop. The shot blocking is better than 2k13. So they improved it. I've seen dunks blocked, layups from behind. Layups in front of someone which we all know drove people nuts on 2k13 when that happened.

But again this game is 2k13. They changed some buttons around too. Like calling for screens, pick n rolls changed. I'll have to go thru training camp mode to see how the on ball defense is. Before you could get close to a defender and hold LT. Not anymore. You can deflect passes better.

I just played Crew mode and its 3 vs 3 halfcourt or 5 vs 5 fullcourt. And you need 5. That is wack. I was stuck with 4 crew members and one had to sit out. Didnt have a 5th. And 3 vs 3 halfcourt is the same game. Same court. Same background. The difference is the players make sounds. They talk.

Wait til black friday fellas. This is not a game you must have.

Is it possible to use 2k13 controls?

seriously. the controls suck, im trying to drive in with ellis and I throw a behind the back pass 60 feet behind to no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Not getting a new console? That's why I'm 'skipping' the current game for the new-gen one coming out next month.

Saw a basketball once

its way better than 2k13!

Dunking on everybody in the park

It's basically NBA 2k13 with a patch that improves defense, spacing, increased collissions and some other tweaks that balances the game out

So while definitely a better game, anyone not buying it isn't really missing anything - for someone like me though, I would pay the $60 just for the improved blocking capabilities

But yeah, it feels like I am playing NBA 2k13, since it is NBA 2k13 and I get bored of it quick since I have been NBA 2k13 for over a year