Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Default Re: Clippers and NBA-owned Hornets have agreed to Chris Paul deal in principle

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    the Clippers are an elite team now. enjoy it. they will be winners now with Chris Paul. Don't gamble your future on a lotto pick.
    It's not just the pick though, man. That's what I've been saying. We just lost our starting shooting guard, our back up small forward, and back-up big man (two seasons removed from an All-Star season) for Chris Paul. Adding the pick, which is potentially lottery bound, makes this trade even worse.

Now the Clippers have 4 point guards in their rotation. Our back-court just got much, much smaller, and our front court has zero substance after Griffin and Jordan.

We're also right up against the cap, so any FAs that want to come here are going to have to take significantly less........ and if the last few deals have been any indication, nobody is going to do that.

EDIT: And our coach is still Vinny Del Negro. Perfect.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Clippers and NBA-owned Hornets have agreed to Chris Paul deal in principle

the clippers gave away a future hall of famer with that minnesota pick

what a bad trade

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    Just flip Mo Williams for a decent SG and they'd be set.
    but who wants mo williams? is there a single team?

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

CP3 will make Jordan and Blake look like wizards.
    All they really have to do is swing Mo for a decent shooting guard and they're up there with the best teams in the western conference.

I don't like the fact they gave up Gordon for this. I thought Gordon+Griffin were a good young combo. This might change my feelings if they get a decent shooting guard some how.
    Last edited by Meticode; 12-14-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I don't like the fact they gave up Gordon for this. I thought Gordon+Griffin are a good young combo. This might change my feelings if they get a decent shooting guard some how.
    Jamal Crawford? Maybe?

At this point I'm just expecting us to sign Sasha Vujacic to a $10 million dollar deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    Maybe to the Hawks for Hinrich or Crawford? I recall Kirk defending shooting guards pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    Mo Williams would suck Pat Riley's dick to be a Heat.

Default Re: Cp3 to clips on?

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117
    Damn, they got both pick and Gordon.

If Howard had to be dealt, I would have loved that.
    I really think this pick is going to be worse than most do.

The depth and youth on the Wolves will help them quite a bit this season and I could see them being a sleeper team, late in the season, to steal some wins just because of their young legs.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that pick land on the outside of the top 10, which takes away quite a bit from the value of the pick, in my opinion.

Gordon was on a bus with Clips season-ticket holders, going to fan stops, when he got the news. "Awkward," one says. Another: "Looked sad."
    https://twitter.com/#!/SHowardCooper...15483638931457

Default Re: Cp3 to clips on?

lmao if this trade is vetoed too.

Banned

Congrats to the Clips.

Paul and Billups on offense? It's like having two basketball geniuses on the court.

One of the smartest basketball teams in the league.

Banned

i bet blake is pissed

Banned

this is the reason and the only reason this trade sucks. they're giving up a young star who genuinely likes being here for a guy who might leave in 2 years.